Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 75
DISPLAYED
Meeting Mr Bates

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

"It's a family business, my mother was the great-great granddaughter of Charles Peace, and my father was a con artist of extra-ordinary caliber. Most of us steal things from time to time, Mr. Bates, and we all lie at one point in our lives about one thing or another, my family just made it an enterprise. You and I lie about who or what we are to the world, if you dropped your mask right now and walked out to greet your employees they'd most likely panic."

"Where may I swear fealty to the current court, Mr. Bates, and what time should I be there?

"And that is the distinct difference between you and I, Ms. Peace," Mr. Bates snaps, "I have no intention of doing such a positively stupid act." The Wizened seems to take a steadying breath before continuing. "Trust is a hard thing to gain amongst those of our community, all I am pointing out is that a little care should be taken. Now, the Winter Festival will be taking place on the 22nd of this month. It is there that the freehold oath may be taken, if you excuse the pun. However, I would recommend punctuality. The doors are locked for the actual ceremony."

Diane, smirks at the man's naevete about how the world works but decides against further debate, let him keep his delusions a little while longer.She stands and extends her hand to Mr. Bates, "Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Bates, and for the information, the young lady we were discussing as we came in here please accept my favorable comment on her behalf."

End Scene

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread