Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Making the Rounds

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

This was still Council turf, although he hadn't seem a whole lot of presence from them since returning to Sacramento. But if the Free Council were here that meant it was part of his area as well: to patrol, and make sure things were kosher. May as well take the time to poke his head in, learn any new faces, and keep an eye out for old ones.

Joshua entered the Hostel and remembered the first time he'd been here. He walked the halls and hoped there wouldn't be any bodies this time.

Joshua turns one corner to find Chief standing on a wobbly looking footstool, messing with something on the ceiling. Further inspection reveals that he's changing a light bulb.

"The wiring in this place is all fucked up." Chief mumbles, the unlit cigarette between his lip dancing with each word. "Seems like all I do is change light bulbs these days."

"Hand me that, would ya?" he asks, pointing to a dusty piece of clouded glass lying against the wall nearby - obviously a cover for the light fixture.

PRE

You have no idea, Joshua thinks, remembering how Vector had made electricity shoot from the walls. That couldn't be optimal. Without hesitation he crouches down, picking up the glass fixture and making sure he had all the screws, then holds it up to Chief.

"So what are prices like here?" he asks as he offers up one of the screws. "Anything close to Free?" There's a slight emphasis on the last word--he hopes it isn't too subtle, or else he'll sound like a total moron.

Rosh

PRE

"Free, as long as you can afford it." Rosh appears down the far end of the hall holding a busted ladder.

"It's Morr-oh.. so. I can show you a few of the rooms. Let you catch some wind." Rosh so could be subtle. Henry would be proud. Rosh quirck an eye at Chief to see if he got the hint.

Chief screws on the light cover and climbs down from the stepladder

"I know who Josh Morris is, Rosh. It's not like he's Sentinel or anything." Chief snarkily informs his Order-mate, smirking, before addressing Joshua "Though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't remember. I've got one of those faces."

That was one of the reasons Brand saw fit to get me into the Blank Badges

"If you're looking for a room we can arrange that."
    he says, wiping dust from his hands with a dirty cloth "Me and Rosh inherited the place as the next round of Free Council dense enough to hang around town. If you were just looking to sneakily ask about whether the Council still hangs around these parts then, well, I suppose I already answered that question, right?" He chuckles a bit

PRE

"The latter, actually," Joshua says, and offers his hand to Chief. "Just thought I would check in and see what's up. See if there was anything that needed doing--besides helping replace fixtures," he adds with a slight smile. "Just the two of you around?"

"Most of the time, yeah." Chief answers Joshua as he shakes his hand "Usually is just the two of us. Every once in a while it seems Rosh might be hanging out with some new face around here, but they never seem to stick around long."

He looks around to indicate the building "Ain't much around here that needs doing besides leaky pipes, burnt light bulbs, and an ornery water heater down in the basement. You're welcome to any of it, a Necro like yourself might have make more headway than me, but I think that the city as a whole could use the Sentinel's help more than just the Hostel. I'm ready to feel safe walking the streets of Sacramento, know what I mean? How's that been going?" Chief asks somewhat casually.

Ah, the heart of the matter.

"We all are, Chief. Hostel's just one of several places I'm heading around to. Making a presence known, is all. As for the city," he adds, and shrugs, "There're others looking into what to do there. If I'm needed, I'll be told. And in the meantime, if I see something, rest assured I'll look in to it."

Chief nods at Joshua's words. It would have to do.

"Well, I'm not trying to question progress while content to sit on my ass. If you ever need an extra gun then you oughtta let me know."

He looks to Rosh to see if he had anything to add.

Rosh

PRE

"I may not be much with guns, but you have my other talents should you need them." Rosh shrugs, following Cheif's gaze. "And with that the whole Free Council stands behind the Sentinels." Rosh smiles warmly. Intent to show his words were more then light jest.

Rosh wonders what Joshua thought of him since the 'dinner'. Maybe time would tell.
    "Unfortunately, we seem to be too good at staying out of sight lately. You said something about needing a place to crash?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread