Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Licking Our Wounds(Attn: Anyone from "Fruit Hunting")

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus exchanges confused looks with his "Hedge-mates" before addressing the rather impish Darkling. "No, we do not know your husband." Do we...? Glancing at Gristlefist, he continues; "Would you like to join us while you wait for him? We were on our way to get a few pints and a bite to eat, and you look like you could use both". Marcus' stomach reminded him once again that it had been over twelve hours since his last meal... "Maybe we should just head to the Orchestra?" What's-her-name might be a bit less conspicuous there than anywhere else...

"Thank Jesus' holy blue balls," she exclaims in relief. "I wouldn't mind some food though," her expression turning excited.

"If you're offering to treat me maybe?" Will these big, stwong, manwy men hewp dis po liddle gurl out? She squeezes up close to Marcus and Gristlefist as they approach, a little too close for comfort.

Then she does the head tilt. Gentlemen, you know the head tilt, the manouever every pretty girl who ever lived practices through muscle memory and predatory instinct. Seventy percent of every stupid thing you've done and regretted in life was for the sake of a girl that gave you the tilt.

It should be a war crime.

Marcus Evan

PRE

"My pleasure. That is, if you're certain your husband won't mind, Mrs...?" Marcus looks at the un-named woman expectantly.

Will he mind? Well, he's probably mad enough as it is...

"I'm Nela... Were you boys in jail too?" She asks as the ragtag motley considers where to go.

Marcus Evan

PRE

"Drunk tank. Yourself?" Marcus glances about to see if he notices any taxis, otherwise he will need to call one to pick them up.

Nela's tilt was.. wow, like her voice; however, the fact that he will stay true to his wife (No matter where she is right now) and that he didn't really enjoy spending money on others..Well, let's just hope Marcus will pay for her.
    He backed off a step and just gave her his hand. "I'm Matthew. I certainly do think that one of us will come up for your lunch."

"Nice to meet you Matthew..." she looks down, and her eyes widen, "Look at your hands! They're so pretty!"

"I think I like them more than his whorly thingies, but they're pretty too."
    She pauses a beat to think. "Did you guys run away too? Last night? What was it like?"

Gristlefist frowned and looked at Marcus and the others. He suspected something, but wasn't entirely sure. "Nela, where did you run away from?"

Deep night, nosy stars staring in a great whispering multitude conspiring against her flight, guiding the master's hounds after her footsteps.

The thousand Barrow Mounds, and wails of things that should stay dead but didn't.

Then a million thorns and a million more, cutting, tearing, choking.

"I don't think I want to talk about it," she whispers, falling into silence.

((where she remains conveniently until Tsa gets the hell home.))

Marcus Evan

PRE

"Right, then." Marcus opens the door of the waiting taxi and looks at his fellow Lost. "Shall we?" After those joining him get into the taxi, Marcus climbs in and tells the driver the address to the Empty Orchestra. He figures food first, then he can get his Jeep from the garage. Okay, beer first, then food, and then the garage.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread