Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Cold Wind Blows

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

For clarification, this thread happens the day AFTER the Four Season is burned down and relatively close to the remnants of the building.

It was dusk, and the Four Seasons was nothing but rubble.

There had been mourning.
    There had been anger.
    There had been fear.
    There had been the desire to rebuild.

From the rubble small sounds were made, the stones remaining still gave off the heat of the Dragon. Then they came, small crawling things of darkness.

Please roll me a [Perception - 1 (Dusk)]
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Angel of Darkness
    M

The Shadow moves through the evening light, curious, investigating.

Over his shoulder he carries a blue single weapon fencing bag.

Taking a look he makes his way into the site, treading carefully and quietly he makes his way towards the location. There's no telling what could be lurking in the shadows.

sneaky perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-16 12:14:42 Bravura rolls 6 to Sneak into the site Dex + Stealth +1 for dusk (10 Again) 5, 10, 4, 2, 2, 2, 9 2 successes
    2013-05-16 12:07:59 Bravura rolls 4 to Perception (Wits + Comp -1) (10 Again) 6, 9, 6, 5 1 success

D
    DamoclesImpaled

OCC

Jason looked over the rubble that he had been directed to. For once, his look of annoyance was genuine. This was supposed to be the Four Seasons... so what happened? He hoped it was just a matter of bad directions and yet he knew that wasn't the case. When you were Lost, very rarely was something unfortunate or strange pure coincidence or unrelated to you. That just seemed to be the way of things.

"So much for a fancy hotel. I suppose I'll be sleeping in the streets a little longer..." He muttered to himself. He had hoped that once he met with the local Courts he might actually find a more permanent place to stay. As Luck, fickle that it was, would have it that wasn't the case.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, the Beast debated with himself as to what to do next. I guess I may as well see what there is to see. At least, see what isn't rubble. Although given the current state of affairs, there probably wasn't much to see.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-16 14:23:08 Jason Shepherd rolls 3 to Perception (Wits + Comp -1) (10 Again) 9, 7, 1 1 success

Bravura remains unseen by Jason’s eyes

In the darkness things seem to move, slowly poring out of the rubble. Slithering, climbing things. They move as one sliding over the rocks moving quickly enough that to Bravura sees only the moving of a shiny black carpet. But Jason ( DamoclesImpaled ) sees the insects as more, smaller masses still swarming closer, ever closer -- the taste of frost suddenly appearing on his tongue.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

He couldn't see much, but what little he could see nearly made Jason jump. Something was wrong. Very, very wrong... Well, hell... Why do I feel a slight chill? Narrowing his eyes, the Beast took a few steps back from the rubble and raised his hands into a more combat-ready position. Why he would have much preferred a knife or a gun, Jason had enough experience with his bare hands that he could protect himself. Or so I hope.

He could barely see anything but what he did see was not a comforting sight. Bugs... Masses and masses of bugs. While Jason wasn't especially afraid of the things, seeing such a vast horde of them moving about combined with the bizarre sense of frost he was feeling unnerved him. He was at a loss for what to do. For the moment, he simply decided to stand his ground and see what would happen next. "Why does this kind of crap happen when I'm around?" he complained to himself quietly.

Angel of Darkness
    M

The Shadow carefully reaches into his bag and pulls out his long slightly curved blade. He felt more comfortable with the familar weight of the rapier in his hand. Something strange was going on. Something moving in the shadows and a feral looking dog. Perhaps this creature had something to do with the disaster that occurred. Only one way to find out.

1 sux to pull out blade quietly
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-22 16:14:57 Bravura rolls 6 to Draw Rapier from bag sneakily (Dex + Stealth +1 dusk) (10 Again) 6, 8, 7, 1, 5, 5 1 success

The Shadow attempts to creep up on the Dog, leveling his blade towards the man's back.

3 sux to sneak up on the Dog
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-22 16:21:08 Bravura rolls 9 to Sneaks up on Damocleas (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 8, 2, 7, 1, 10, 7, 9, 7, 6 3 successes

D
    DamoclesImpaled

OOC

Jason was focused on the darkness, but he still couldn't shake a feeling that there was someone else nearby. Of course, he could probably just chalk that up to whatever bizarre magic was going on at the moment. He had no idea what kind of occult insanity could be going on, so it was entirely possible if not probable that it was just messing with his senses. And yet... he knew there was more to it. Jason had grown to trust his instinct when his other sense failed him. More than once it had saved him from potential danger. But was it his instinct telling him to turn around or the shadows, hoping to catch him off guard?

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-23 13:48:45 Jason Shepherd rolls 5 to notice ambusher (Wits + Composure + 2 (Merits) - Dusk) (10 Again) 4, 5, 6, 8, 6 1 success

Though he was uncertain of it, a sense of danger continued to gnaw at the Beast's mind and he couldn't help but turn around. Unfortunately nothing really caught his eye in the low light. It was a good thing he did. He turned in time to see what seemed like a sentient shadow creeping towards him with a sword in hand. "Great, more shadow monsters. I thought I had stopped being afraid of the dark some time ago." Though his Mien was as feral as ever, his voice betrayed how wary he was at his current situation. There was a shadow behind him and a shadow behind him, one armed with a blade. He was unarmed and alone. A low growl came from his throat as he raised his claws in a defensive stance. It looked like things were going to get ugly.

You would need 4 suxx to see Bravura in the darkness

As Bravura approaches Jason, the entire area seems to drop substantially in temperature, despite the nearly summer weather recently; both Changelings can see their own breath and the moving masses seem to be closer than ever.

In their ears they can hear the soft sounds of what could be a lawn mower.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

OOC

The Hunterheart ignored the nagging feeling in his head. It was all in his head. Just instinct. Ignore it. Ignoring instinct is what separates man from animal. He mentally chided himself, trying to focus his mind on the bizarre, writhing masses that appeared to be getting closer. He took a step back, his fists clenched tightly.

His face didn't convey it, but in truth, Jason was feeling afraid. Everything going on just felt unnatural in every possible way. The cold was biting at him and the sounds were a strange cacophony rattling his ears. "Whatever the hell you are, back off!" He sounded much more confident than he felt. "I don't have time for you."

He could feel the warmth slowly draining from his extremities. The hairs on the back of his neck began to stand up and Jason could almost feel his teeth chattering. It didn't seem like his clothes were doing anything to block out the cold. "I'm warning you! Back off!" In all likelihood, the threats weren't actually going to help. Still, it was all the Beast could do to stave off the impending sense of dread. What the hell is going on?

Angel of Darkness
    M

"Turn around slowly, or be run through." Bravura speaks in a calm even tone. This beast had many tricks it seems.

Remaining in shadow, he questions the feral dog-man before him.

"Is this your doing? What has happened here, and why did the temperature drop? Answer me."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread