Ended
Watch
391 - 400
DISPLAYED
(1303) Coronation of Spring

Page 40 of 48 First ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Last
    I
    Irina

"I must admit to enjoying a little intrigue, every now and then," Vincent answered with a slither of amusement to his voice. Inherently, a little intrigue could be located in certain puzzles and enigmas - it was in the Wizened's blood. "I suppose, I you are to find out who you spoke to at the masquerade, you will need to listen to the voices of everyone you speak to very closely indeed."

He turned as the announcement was made, and watched as most of the Sovereigns stepped to the podium. But not Mrs Rosemary, perhaps she was waiting for the dramatic moment to take her place?

"Whoever I spoke to, they feigned a French accent. Somehow, I doubt I will locate the speaker again."

S
    Sasha

L’aire really didn’t know what to say about all the guy’s talents. The dreamcrafting was a bit interesting, but god she really hoped the guy stayed out of her head. “Oh, that’s interesting. I wouldn’t have thought that was artistic I guess.” Unless you’re a fan of horror and sadness.

The Winter was internally relieved that Spook didn’t have some sort of strange rebuttle and wanted to avoid swearing the oath. “That is an excellent way of thinking, Spook. Today I have to renew myself. It’s been a year now.” Which she didn’t even fathom a year ago she’d be here this long.

The Mirrorskin was amazingly well spoken, which was nice for a change. But the Winter Fairest wasn’t a match for either of them. “Poetic, yeah that’s a wonderful term for how the Seasonal changes go.” Well, most of the time. “But yeah, these events are fun. Either from meeting new people like yourself, or enjoying time with the rest of the Freehold. Then, there’s always cooking from Fresh Tastes, which Mrs. Rosemary runs.”

L’aire had seen Mrs. Rosemary eat a bit of cake. Maybe she was just waiting and thought she’d sneak a piece before it was all gone. But the Winter didn’t really put much thought past that. It wasn’t her court, therefore, not her business. Now if it had been Katrin… the Dancer probably would have been flipping out.

D
    Duvainor

Jezebel only half-listened as Morgan spoke. She caught snippets here and there, but remained focussed on the stage as the Monarchs gathered on the dias. Despite her dour mood, she still felt a small thrill when Spartan appeared, and the reminder that Summer was only a few months away lifted her spirits back again.

"Nice? Yea, maybe. Never spoken to her myself." Jezebel said. She scanned across the crowd until she saw Mrs Rosemary, sitting quite happily in her seat with a bit of her cake. "But what I want to know, is, what's she doing there?"

The Blightbent pointed the Spring Queen out to Morgan then turned to her. "Shouldn't she be up on the stage? Y'reckon something's wrong?"

Nova didn’t move, she barely even acknowledged the muse’s comments only the softness of the body she was using like a rag to cry on. “Maybe.

She doubted it.

They had decided to revoke her desire’s legitimacy.

And there was only one Spring who even cared. What did that say about the locals?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Juno leaned forward slightly and her brow furrowed slightly at the sight of Mrs. Rosemary eating a slice of cake. She was perplexed by this sudden development but at the same time she wondered if it was a simple adherence to the principles of Spring and Mrs. Rosemary was indulging herself in a brief tasting of her elaborate creation before the real business of the ceremony started.

Inwardly she cringed at the possibility of another answer -- that Mrs. Rosemary had decided to abdicate and God knows what would happen next.

Perry diCarto

Perry's eyes flicked from the dias to Mrs. Rosemary and back.

That must be some damn good cake!

His desires were swirling, but what was going on?

Once all Sovereigns have assumed their positions, Mr. Bates walks up to them carrying a cushion of red velvet, upon which the Freehold crown rests. The Wizened had been told by Mrs. Rosemary her wishes. He approaches the dais and then holds the cushion out for the current Queen to take and pass along on to the next Sovereign giving a nod to Katrin to Violet.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin nods in understanding of the Autumn Wizened and picks up the crown off the velvet cushion, holding it in her perfect hands for a moment. She then walks behind Violet LeBlanc, one graceful step at a time. She looks around the room, carefully observing the familiar and unfamiliar faces gathered there.

"The seasonal cycle must go on, as one season changes to the next. It is the natural order of that which protects us from the Gentry, which must not be interrupted," says the beautiful Fairest, in her cool calmed voice. "Winter's time has come and gone. As its chilling winds leave Sacramento behind, we must look to the hope that Spring brings. And so the Silent Arrow gives way to the Antler Crown."

With those words, Katrin carefully lowers the Freehold crown on Violet’s brow.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Selena

As the crown passed from the season of Onyx to Verdant Spring, so did the Throne Room of the Four Seasons. Vibrant colors took the place of the icy walls that suddenly blossomed anew.

The buds began to bloom and tresses of flowers slowly crept down from the ceiling as the walls and places around the room took on the sights of Spring. The floor beneath all turned from the cool Winter’s ice to greens of grass. It was beautiful and breathtaking as the change swept over across the Dias to the rest of the room.

The Emblem made by Danny Tongs also changed to reflect the new season. Once displaying the tiny figure of the Onyx Queen now held Violet LeBlanc in it’s place. Her Mein shown brightly amidst the budding leaves on the tree behind.

Throne

Room

When Mrs. Rosemary had approached her after the impromptu meeting a couple months ago, Violet could only oblige the Gristlegrinder. When a Desire of a Spring Courtier shifted, there wasn’t much that could stop them from letting their decision come to fruition. They had spoke about the Verdant Court at great length that night. The Ogress could see it in the Nightsinger’s being that she’d held this role a time before. For that reason, she entrusted the Flowering Fairest with her shifted Desire.

After Queen Byeli had placed the Seasonal Crown on her head she nodded in gratitude to her fellow Lost. The Nightsinger made a few steps to the center of the Dias. This conversation went through the Spring Courtier’s mind as she made her way to the Throne of the Sacramento Freehold. The Flowers that were in tiny buds at her feet and on her dress began to open beneath her and around her, blossoming into bright colors of the season.

Even though her first few hours in the room were not the best of her life, that was in the past. Violet had faced far worse than a jealousy before.

One arm moved to beautifully sweep across the members present that evening while her rich French accent accompanied her words. “Many thanks to all who are in attendance tonight. Since my arrival to the Freehold of Sacramento, I have seen wonderful things that you my fellow Lost can do when the challenge comes to a head. I hope that we, as a community can continue those efforts to watch out for each other and to those who may need our assistance.” The Nightsinger remembered Katrin’s words from the last Coronation and the possible threat amongst them.

The Flowering’s arms opened and outstretched palms up to the room. “With the Season’s change unto Spring it is time to think on that which you Desire. If you have goals left unfulfilled, perhaps this Season is that time.”

Adding a quick motion of her hands, signaling forth any and all. “Those of who desire to swear the Oath to the Freehold, by all means do come forward. And any of who have come upon the time to renew it, please join the others too!” The Flowering Fairest may have been bewitching and dazzling, but her demeanor was that of someone highly approachable as well.

To speed things up, anyone who wishes to swear the pledge, go ahead and narrate your characters swearing the pledge, or actually post the wording which can be found in the link provided

Page 40 of 48 First ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.