Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Spiritual Diplomacy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Spiritual Diplomacy) Etiquette
Apr 13, 2020 - May 29, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Having food in her belly seemed to at least give his sister a somewhat more amicable disposition, though still with her normal charm.

"Alright, alright... I know. I took a huge risk doing all this- but Renewal could still be a powerful ally, as could their choir, if we play this right." Nathaniel wouldn't deny his attempts had been shortsighted, but he was prepared to do what he could to make the best out of all this.

Then as to what they did. "It taught me some gifts associated with the elements. In return, Matt and I helped renew nature around the area- tore up fencing and such; that has been the extent of our interactions with it." Then Emily brings up the very good point that Renewal could likely destroy Nathaniel. But.... There were ways to deal with such spirits, if it came down to it.

It didn't seem the cat idea resonated well, and Emily was right- Necessary Guile took the form of a cat, but it might not automatically provide any benefit namedropping it with a cat spirit... And assuming that a cat spirit would enjoy chasing a rat was simply stereotyping.

So, Lunes. "C...Call a Lune? Um- no. No, I don't know how to do that outside of the branding ceremonies. I've only felt comfortable calling weaker gafflings." Oh sure, he'd pace himself then- but the second some occult mysticism came forth the crescent would go prancing to uncover it. Such was his desire to comprehend the unknown. "Do you think we need their assistance?..."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

"What?" Matt answers Emily, "Oh sure, I tore stuff up. That's what I do." He says sounding unconcerned and unrepentant.

He listens to Emily, he really does, but...doesn't seem to follow the details with any great interest. "Sure acts like a cat, tho." He mutters darkly when Emily points out that the form is not an indicator of their Totem's substance.

When Nathaniel questions whether they really need to do as Emily suggests, Matt grins, "Do it her way. Save time." He 'suggests'.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily driains the bottle and looks up. "Nate, I get your idea. But seriously, man? How did you get as much Wisdom Renown as you have? Actions have consequences." She things, eating some more. "Okaaaay..... that one interaction might not have tipped the whole balance, but we need to check and this guy sounds as good as any. I've been meaning to pick up some Tech gifts..." She muses.

Wait, what?! "Woah..... woah no. Not summoning Lunes, dummy. The Gifts of the Crescent where they bestow Knowing of Spirits. Come on, man. I'm starting to worry about you." It was becoming abundantly clear Nathaniel had Knowledge, but not Wisdom. She wondered where he got those Brands from.

"Matt? Indoor voice, man, come on. We're right here," she sighs. "And, yeah, tearing stuff up is fine, but c'mon, man? Are you just gonna do that because one of us say so? You're a smart guy. Surely you can work these things through. And spirits are conceptual. Spirits of places and feelings look like people. So, I could be wrong and it might actually be a cat spirit. But I've... never... checked." Holf fuck. In two years she had never checked.

I mean, it seems rude...

"Wait, what?" She says to Matt, eyes narrowing dangerously.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

That was a fair question- for the most part, Nathaniel worked within Wisdom. But when it came to some matters... Well, he started to lose sight of the important things. And he didn't correct her this time- he was lost in his own thoughts. "It was an error in judgement- though not yet a critical one. And it may present more opportunities..." Nathaniel seemed to lean closer to Nature than Technology at the moment. Having such a powerful Choir as their ally could help.

Then on to calling crescents and OH! Shoot... Right. "Right. Sorry sis, just... A bit out of it today. No, I haven't yet learned how to yet." He had chosen to prioritize learning his Warding abilities.

Then she and Matt start to talk, and Nathaniel bites his lip hard at Matt's words. "I asked him for help- I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to bond. I should have considered the effects involving him might create. And I leave what we do up to you, because I know you won't lose sight...." Because she had been around longer, and she didn't seem to get lost seeking secrets and things not inherent to their Oath.

As for their Totem... Wait. Did no one know what Necessary Guile was?? "We could just ask next time..." Assuming it would give them a clear answer.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt smirks, “I never do anything just because someone says so.” He asserts. “You were there when he called it. I said I would help, or I wouldn’t have showed; when I say I’m going to help, I help.”

Matt eyes Emily right back to her dangerous narrowing eyes. “I am smart; smart enough to know what I don’t know, and to listen to someone who knows more about something than I do. Like I just told our boy Nathaniel here. I listen to him about spirit stuff because he knows more about it than I do, and he should listen to you about it because you know more about it than he does. I listen to no one but me about me, because no one knows more about me than I do. So what is the story, munchkin? Why are your undies in a wad? Are you saying we got a big bad dangerous problem? Or are you just hangry and horney and hung over?”

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent Mechanic pauses, fork midway to mouth. "It's not critical. And yeah, it might. I'm just making sur eyou're not going to get in a sticky problem wiht that spirit over what we do to check with the courts." She pauses to drink her second beer, and burps loudly. "You may wanna get on to that. It's a neat trick, and gives you a lot of detail for a low low cost."

Won't lose sight? She looks form Nate to Matt, munching her halibut, and the Rahu seems to say the same thing. In more words. "Okay, Okay. I dodn;t mean to question your integrity or anything. I thought you meant... like... just to listen to me because if you don't I'll make things really difficult. It was a thing people used to say a lot about me." she eats the fish some more. "Look, um... sorry. I have a problem with one of my mechanics. It's a long story. So to answer your questions -staff problems, no I don't think, Not any more..." She gives Matt and small, thankful smile, "...so thanks, always a little bit and I fucking wish. I haven't been hungover in over ten years."

She sighs. "Sorry guys. I'm still getting used to having my opinions not only listened to but followed. And I'm not sure how well that's gonna happen with our shiny happy new faces. Urgh. Storm Lords. Always think they know best."

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel, nods, deciding to prioritize learning the gift when next he had the chance and understanding what may need to be done. "I'll look into it- I'm trying to learn more gifts anyways." Mother Luna's and the Crescent Gifts, particularly.

Emily seemed surprised at their responses, and... Seemed to approve? She seemed to have things going on in her life- but the food was helping. Hopefully. "You've been at this longer than I have. You've kept me from doing a lot of stupid stuff- and helped me anyways when I was too stubborn. When it comes to pack matters involving spirits, I'll look to you. Or, try to."

What did she have against the new Storm Lord? Or, Storm Lords? Aside from the usual of course. "If they don't respect the Renown you've earned and the experiences you have... Well, we'll have to convince them to. We've got enough on our hands- people rushing headlong into danger and risking division doesn't help any of us." Pragmatic. Perhaps a bit too optimistic. But, that was Nathaniel.

"So, sis. What do you think we should do first?" Gaining spirit allies? Meeting with Renewal? Some third option?

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

"Hey, jerks come in all kinds. I've met some Storm Lords that were okay, and some Rahu that were jerks." Matt says in a reasonable tone. Then he smirks, "Just not lately." He laughs!

He leans down and looks at Emily up close. "You are the beta. If the Alpha isn't around, I trust you the most to know the right thing to do. I don't just trust anyone." Matt says. "Like, I always make sure I get plenty to eat before I let you near the food."

Matt grins, and looks at Nathaniel and then back at Emily. "Like Nathaniel said, 'What do you say we do now?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The second tray is dropped onto the side and Emily licks the sauce from her lips. As she listens to them both, she blushes lightly. "Well, I.. guess I have. And," she looks to "Thanks guys. I'm glad you trust me. I'm glad I have you too. It was just the conversation with Allen, and then the attitude of that Nikolai guy..."

She looks at her beer. Hang on. Wait. Beta??

Eyes stare wide. "Woah, woah. Hold up. What do you mean, 'Beta'? I'm, like... I mean... Chris is beta. You know, Hot Chris? Sure he's not around much, but... Him and Hector have been around longest...." She sounds pretty confused.

Plan could wait. This needed clarification.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her mood seemed improved. It's true the new arrivals had added some tension, but it seemed their talking had helped. Things clarified, just in time for something else to need clarification.

"I guess that would make you... Gamma?" Was that the one that came next? It was a terrible joke nonetheless. "Peh. The pack's not together for this- so we'll just follow your lead, that's what's important. The Alpha put us all together, and gave us direction. I trust you to know how to best implement it." That's what it was all about. She was the most experienced, so she led. That seemed only natural.

As for the Beta. "Chris seems to do a lot of stuff in the background. He's not around much, but... He does good work. I think. Even if I probably don't see half of it." Nathaniel wasn't one for pack politics. All he knew was that he wasn't wanting to challenge any of those roles- and unlike his traipses into the occult, he wasn't foolhardy enough to rush in anyways.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last