Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a deep curtsy to the Prince when she entered. She gave a little nod to Gabriel.

"It is a pleasure to see you as well, Priscus Durant. And I am doing well, Priscus Hazelton. Mr. Smith, it is wonderful to see you as well. Mr. Heinrich, a pleasure as always. I hope you all are well."

Jack enters, "Good evening, Priscus Jack."

When Miss Kowalsic and Maeve entered and Mable gave each a nod greeting them.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

While Mauve had a forgettable face, Ale still noticed her. Maybe it was the hair? Maybe it was that she had missed many Courts, including Formal.

A nod of her head was offered to Jacque as he entered.

But what was unusual? Miss Kowalsic without her Sire and with a Ghoul. What was going on with that? Where was her Sire? Ale had business with him, but it wouldn’t be Court business. Still, it wasn’t lost on her. Had she been released?

For now, she was content to remain in her seat and watch the ebb and flow of the evening. But there would be calls made and answers given.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's gaze narrowed as she watched Maeve's descent into court. The corners of those sensual lips turned down in a blatant show of displeasure. Before Quinn could move to intercept Maeve though, Priscus Jack entered in the court. She admired Jack's unfailing ability to be a 'boss' in a court without showing a hint of the effort behind it. Quinn missed nothing, in court. Quinn lowered her chin all the way to her chest, as she did with her Ladyship, showing a deep nod of respect for not just a fellow Priscus but a Kindred of Quality within the Domain. Holding it for enough time that she deemed all who appreciated such things could see it.

To the other Kindred present in their growing circle, Quinn bowed apologetically to them. "Please excuse me, I have some unpleasant business to attend." Quinn was a Priscus, and in Prince Alessandra's solid strategy to Domain management that role wasn't just tied to clan, but directly to the Domain. Prince Alessandra imbued her Priscii with more power so she didn't have to deal with mommy/daddying nor get into Clan disputes which no-one could possibly know the exact ins and outs of better than the parent clan itself. Also she needed to prove herself to the Apex, and the other Priscii that Quinn could handle her responsibilities. She was worthy of a place in this court. And not just acknowledged like she was now, but recognized.

Quinn had born the brunt of her mistake from the night at Beer University in which Quinn had shied away from joining her Grace and her Ladyship. So after that Quinn had deliberately inserted herself into the Prince's inner circle to show the Apex she had the fucking balls alright. It was a very dangerous move, and while Alessandra had scathingly ignored Quinn, she knew she had made the point, even as the Apex made it clear it wasn't appropriate place to do so to make it. So Quinn had bided her time since then and waited for the perfect moment. She felt it was now, and she hoped her plans came along a little further tonight. She was ready at last to finally put her cards on the table. She had acclimated to her Grace's court, and now she was ready to step the fuck up and be what she was meant to be.

Quinn's heels announced her approach. Clack, Clack, Clack. That was the sound of consequences coming for a certain wayward shadow. If she didn't break her foot off in Maeve's ass, the Apex would wipe the floor with both of them. When she reached her final destination of this make or break moment. She gave Maeve a scathing look. If looks could kill she'd be dead. Quinn held up one well manicured digit and said softly, no need to shout like uncultured swine after all, "Not a word. I don't need to hear anything from you. Your words are hollow and hold no weight anymore here until I say they do."

She began to take Maeve to church. "From the beginning you knew what the laws of the Domain require of you to consider yourself a member of this court, and reap the benefits of agreeing to that contract. I was there the night you were acknowledged. You have no wiggle room on this what-so-ever. It disgusts me that you would show such disrespect to her Grace's court. I really hope all the unwashed under carriages of my clan are perking their little ears up right now because I will only make this public display once." She paused for effect. "Personal goals, Clan Goals, and your precious fee fees take a back seat to all things Domain. We may be family, but this family will be slaughtered without the stability of the Domain. It is everything. We keep stability by abiding by the laws."

"This is my judgement Maeve O'Ryan. You will attend every single court between now and Formal court. You will also be subjected to the Shadow within my Shadow shaming. Yes. You will literally walk in my shadow during court so maybe you will soak up a bit of proper etiquette and respect. You will also attend the hunt to bring what I have coined 'The Jackal' to justice and doing so will go along way to proving you support of this domain and its laws. Lucky for you I am heading the investigation along side Mr. Smith, so I can guarantee you in on the action to prove yourself."

"This is your way forward to overcome this slight against the court and the knife you put in my back because you were to lazy to write her Grace and ask permission to be excused from court so you could wrap up some personal clan business." She paused again, and for just a moment a slight shade of heat showed in her words. "If you cannot get on board with that.." Quinn paused and pointed at the steps that lead out of Elysium. "Leave now. You walk out that door, and know that as long as I am Priscus of the Clan Mehket in Sacramento, you will never be acknowledged here again."

5. Likes , liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Quinn offered a little more information. It was mildly surprising but it was her information to share that Dirt Nap had left on Covenant business.

He nodded in gratitude at Jennifer’s compliment and her willingness to attend the meeting. Both ment a lot coming from her.

Then the newcomers walked in. The traitor Maeve caught his attention enough that JC barely noticed Jacque’s lack of acknowledgement. The beastly part of him fought to bare it’s fangs. Let her know that she wasn’t forgiven. Hope that either the Prince or the Priscus would let the blue haired Mehket come in close enough and then declare he could rip her apart.

Flex, relax. Control those instincts. Maybe she had a good excuse.

Though apparently she wouldn’t get the chance to say it just yet as Priscus Durant tore into her clanmate. JC listened closely even as he continued to speak to both Jennifer and Edward.

“Your presence would be welcome. Anyone with information on the Jackal or a willingness to help are welcome.” He glanced to make sure Miss Kowalsic had heard. Though with Quinn’s declaration, the entire court at this point probably knew about the investigation and who was in charge. JC noticed that last part. That was decent of her.

“How have you been Miss Wood? Getting well on into Spring. How’s the garden?” He’d enjoyed what little time they’d spent in it. He could kill her, take over, and see for himself.

The Prince remained seated. Maybe she was letting Maeve squirm. Maybe letting Quinn flex her position. The Slave Dragon was certainly doing that! But would it be enough to save the Mehket with the forgettable face? Or would the Prince want more than being made to walk in someone’s shadow as punishment?
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

7. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glances towards the entrance as color caught her eye. Ah, the Blue – haired Maeve had turned up after all. A critical eye looks over the Mekhet, unconsciously comparing her to the Successor of the House of the Blue Convovulus. Jennifer had trained under the Alder Notary, who was of clan Mekhet, and had been impressed with her dedication. Jennifer says nothing as the Mekhet approached the Mekhet Priscus. Words were reserved to Kindred who were acknowledged. Jennifer gave a meaningful glance to Quinn.

As she does so, she notes the sharply dressed Priscus of Lords enter the Elysium. An appraising eye takes in the amethyst cufflinks right down to the Rolex.
    “Priscus.” She greets with a nod befitting the good standing he had earned in the domain. “It’s been a minute.” The Nosferatu remarked quietly to him.
    It was a time for arrivals as her cousin Miss Kowalsic entered. The Nosferatu Priscus automatically scanned for Mr. Kowalsic, as she needed a word with him. Not here. She gives a calculating gaze over the young Nosferatu. A small nod to her youngest Family member. She was here without her Sire. Was it possible she was released?
    Somebody was speaking, yet she had other things on her mind than hearing casual chitchat.

“Good evening, Miss Wood.”
    She greeted, ever polite to the letter. Her eyes moved between Priscus Durant and the Prince for a moment, considering. She did want to go speak to the Prince soon, yet those strong words attracted the Nosferatu’s attention. Jennifer glances between the two Mekhet, ever observant and with her face smooth and without judgement. This could be a turning point. Sacramento could be a crucible, driving those without strong conviction out like the previous Priscus Horatio. Yet trees that were not exposed to winds did not learn to weather storms, toppling before they reached soaring heights. She had read that of late. Now Maeve was going to weather a storm, and possibly could come out stronger for it. Mable had endured her education.
    She glances with some amusement to JC Smith who responded to the fair-weather former Invictus and other events. Jennifer looks back to Priscus Durant.

“Well said, Priscus Durant. Your Family certainly could be helpful in the investigation. Knowledge needs to be gathered.”
    A look to Maeve. She was thinking of an earlier conversation she had enjoyed with Quinn, considering what the other Mekhet could offer. “I look forward to see what you offer." She looks between Mr. Smith and Priscus Durant.
    “Already I hear whispers of something I need to address. I might not be able to devote as much time to the investigation as I hoped.” This is addressed to Mr. Smith as she looked between them.

The dark eyes tick over to the Prince, then survey the others in the room. Jennifer regarded Edward for a moment, dark eyes unimpressed. She was mentally reviewing what Dirt Nap had relayed of another situation, and how she had advocated letting Edward take the lead. How had that worked out.
    Dark eyes sweep over the assembled Kindred standing in a conversational group, most of the Kindred who did anything in the city. A lot of talking, a lot of meaningful looks.
    “Be well.” Jennifer states. She walked with confidence away to another corner by the chess table. If someone wished to speak, they could follow.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

9. Likes pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

This is so awkward, being yelled at. In the middle of court. Everyone is staring and it puts a spotlight on her in a way she really hates. She'd like to retreat to a shadow now, not because she feels any kind of shame. Screw the rules. What do they want? Her to sit down with a piece of paper and write 'I'm sorry I missed formal court, I'll never do it again' one hundred times on a piece of paper? Or with chalk for that matter? She'll even dust the chalk erasers too if they wanted. Of course, that isn't for their benefit; that is just to amuse her.

Quinn is yelling at her about respect, public image, standing in her shadow, blah blah blah. She knows it is fake. Shadows stick together, shadows understand when a shadow disappears. If the prince were a Mekhet, they'd get it. But, alas, the Prince is a Gangrel who clearly runs an Invictus domain, whether they want to say it out loud or not. Pfft, the Invictus. Though she can hear her sire poking at her in her mind: If you don't play by the rules, you'll get killed. Yeah? Well fuck you too. I didn't want this bullshit to begin with.

That makes her beast angry, but, as luck would have it, Maeve can keep a poker face. There isn't a hint of emotion, shock, annoyance, fear, or remorse upon her face. She stands there, perfectly still, hands by her side, taking the word beating with unemotional class.

The idea of investigating something, however, is exciting to her. Yes. She'd like that. Oh, but she better not show that. Can't let the poor thing be shown to be given something they want as punishment. Eww, am I really gonna have to follow her around all night? Gross. She'd rather melt into a corner to listen and watch. It's so much more interesting that way. Perhaps she can still do that. Chilling out in her cousin's shadow doesn't mean she has to pay attention to the politics of what she is doing. The face she puts up. Maeve had her own. Yes, this is the game. Her cousin the face and she the scapegoat for every misgiving. That's fine by her.

As instructed, Maeve doesn't speak, just stares with her bright blue eyes. They're so soft and delicate, how could you ever stay mad at them? After all, you'd look away and suddenly feel like you can barely remember her face to begin with. Forgettable.

Poker Face - 4 Successes
    | BP 2

11. Likes pisces, liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord may carry himself with an aura of disinterest or boredom with these events, but he was still here and still engaged. There was a predictable rhythm to the Danse on these quiet nights, which made deviations to them all the more obvious. A part of Jack always watched. He was watching always for the signs of change as a former Grand Wyrm had taught him.

The expected greetings and gestures came to pass, but the arrival of Miss Kowalsic without her Sire was the first unusual circumstance. Steely eyes watched her navigate showing respect to the Prince, then unusually a bow first to Quinn before understandably offering a longer one to her own Priscus. She then turned to Jack and offered the same a nod? A fucking nod? A half empty crook of her neck? That answered his first curiosity: there was no way she had been released yet. His brow furrowed with annoyance before Quinn's gesture brought his mood back to a simple, knowing grin. It seemed the Shadow didn't miss any opportunity to leverage herself. Not just a silver tongue, he thought to himself.

Then the mood of the room shifted again from the normal rhythm as Quinn seethed with anger and admonishment. It wasn't quite the spectacle he'd employ for the situation; well, these nights at least. Having observed the Shadow Priscus' habits though, there was likely a calculated reason for showcasing the dressing down of Maeve tonight.

"That it has," he offered back to the Lady Notary with a coy grin.

"To you as well, Miss Wood," he responded in kind making his way to the proximity of Mable. "I was hoping you could help clear up something for me." He paused for a moment, before presenting his question, "Would you say that a verbal greeting alone outweighs a physical demonstration of acknowledgement and respect?" A smile punctuated the politeness portrayed in the delivery of his question.

Having interrupted the start of a conversation with Miss Wood, he turned his gaze to JC while he waited for her reply. If not for his engagement in conversation, his presence might have gone unnoticed in the depths of Her Grace's Court. Still, Jack waited for JC's choice of acknowledgement with the unnaturally long-held smile.

Blood Hunt:

13. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Quinn spoke, and Edward's eyes went to Maeve. He nodded, "naturally, Priscus, we would not dream of keeping you from your duties. A good evening to you."

He privately wondered what Jennifer needed to address, and he was still doing so when she left. Edward was tempted to be catty and ignore her departure, but he gave her a nod instead. She was still a ranking member of the Domain, and he hated being unnecessarily discourteous.

It was somewhat annoying to have anyone with authority waltz around with a masked Beast. Edward was grateful to Mable when she greeted Jacque, doubly so as he made his approach. Edward gave a slight bow, "good evening, Priscus Jack."

Quinn tore into Maeve, and Jacque, the moment he arrived, fired a gentle salvo at Mable. Edward internally signed, here we go. Well if it had to be someone lecturing Mable, Jacque was probably best.

Both Quinn and Jacque seemed the type who punished to protect. As for Edward, there was nothing to do but watch for Mable's response.

15. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Side thread for Edward, Mable, JC and Jack (and anyone else that intended to join in that social circle)

Continued in (2104) Social circles...

Blood Hunt:

17. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale had heard stories of ‘other’ Dragons and their manner of bullying and talking down to one they felt unworthy or not on their side. At least, from what Dirt Nap told her. Was she watching it happen again? So often it was those with much to prove and little worth who felt the need to be loud and belittle.

It was a lot of words that could have been said in private. Unless someone wants to put on a show and draw attention.

For the wrong reasons. It was annoying. Kindred came and went; it was how the Danse unfolded night after night, century after century.

Spotting Jennifer move off to the chess table and Jacque, well, she wasn’t sure. But she was fairly certain there would be a show of some sort. Would it be entertaining? She wasn’t sure. She found petty squabbles exhausting. She had seen the slight, oh yes. Nothing is missed.

Standing, she makes her way past the others and joins Jennifer Hazelton .

Smirking, “Lady Notary Hazelton, good evening.” Carefully taking a seat at the table, “Fancy yourself a game?”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread