Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Revisiting (OPEN)

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    D
    DownsideUp

The Mekhet and the Gangrel certainly seemed to speak highly of the city. Something about the Daeva's wording seemed off though. [COLOR=#FF0000"]I echo their opinion....[/COLOR]

Still, Troy didn't linger on the matter. Whatever he was missing he would figure out in time.

Instead he finished his drink and gestured to the bartender for a glass of the Macallan.

"My skills? My plans? Well, I have professional training in network security and software development. My degree is in computer science but I specialized once I hit the job market. I was a system admin at my last job, and did data retrieval for them too." Troy dropped his voice so the kindred could barely hear him. "Was more like being a well paid spy to be honest." He shrugged.

"I'm in Sacramento for the foreseeable future. Ideally I will be able to pick up a few network contracts and start software development again. It largely depends on who is willing to hire." He gestured at Dillon. "Which is a professional matter I would like to discuss with you some time."

It was odd, Troy imagined, for Kindred to try and keep their mortal professions alive. Still, it was better than facing the horror of the kindred condition.

"What of you all? How are you spending your time here?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

OOC

Lies
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-12 16:16:13 Velma Star rolls 8 to Lies: Man + Subt + SL (10 Again) 10, 6, 9, 2, 8, 2, 9, 8, 2 5 successes
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

D
    DownsideUp

I see nothing and she is a classy lady who loves this city! 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-12 16:30:06 Troy McPherson rolls 3 to Spotting a Lie (Wits+Sub) (10 Again) 6, 10, 2, 7 1 success

B
    Beej

Teo turned with interest from Velma to McPherson and raised his glass to his lips as the Haunt explained his skill set. He made sure he could taste and keep it down. Not only for polite company but examining the drink for subtle clues and hints at what he could possibly do in the future himself. He took a soft, slow inhale of the drink and noted it did not burn the nostrols as his creation did. Racula then took a sip and focused on the flavor a second before placing it down on it's napkin.

"Network Administering, very marketable skill now." Teo nodded. He was not entirely sure why the man was talking about spying at a public bar. He could only hope that it was for human matters and not Kindred. "You might consider speaking with Ms. McFarlane after you settle in. She might have some suggestions or opportunities."

The monk picked up the glass and took another sip. "I work in studio. I make and sell jewelry and iconography. I have been dabbling with metal sculpturing but it always seems too industrial." Teo shook his head. If he were brutally honest with himself Teo probably could better spend his time working on casting then sculpturing. Coils and lots and lots of protective gear allows a Dragon to experiment with fire, but if just a little.

The flavor he rolled around in his head, thinking about what could be done for short term flavor gain without wood aging. Not that it truly mattered in the long run, but it never hurt to consider improvements to his own distilling.

2sux (sees no lies); 2suxx to ponder distilled drinks
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-14 00:47:46 Teo rolls 6 to Int+Craft (10 Again) 7, 1, 10, 3, 2, 9, 1 2 successes
    2014-03-14 00:44:06 Teo rolls 6 to Wits+Emp+Specialty (10 Again) 1, 5, 9, 7, 5, 9 2 successes

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

There's no thought given to the validity of Velma's words by the Gangrel Reeve. He's been perfectly honest with her, and told her as much. He himself had become Priscus by mere timing and circumstance, deputy by getting clawed half to pieces in defense of the Domain, and maintained them by being more stubborn than anyone else. He got the Reeve upgrade for his troubles.

Emma could have gone just as far, if she'd press the advantage when she has it.

Dillon's thoughts aren't there, however. They are with Troy's self-assessment. He wonders, idly, how far the man is over-promoting himself. If he isn't, though, he could very well be useful.

"Of course," ha answers Troy with a nod. "We'll look into it soon. I've always got things for aspiring young folks to do."

The last part is delivered with a bit of sardonic cheek, just for the consideration of the kine. After all, to anyone who can't feel the Gangrel Beast emanating from him, Dillon looks like a tall, athletic college student in his mid-twenties. Entrepreneurs are getting younger and younger these nights, though.

Might as well ride that wave.

"As for me, I'm still enjoying the student life. As cliche as the interest has become in recent years, I'm still aiming for 'somewhere in the field of Criminal Psychology'" He shrugs, in understanding of just how vague that goal is. It's just a cover anyway. "Not too worried about pinning down the finer points, yet. I'm content to go where the work takes me."

Raluca's interests were just slightly out of left field. But Dillon is well aware of how left-field many Dragons tend to be. He'd seen the Tismanu walking around in his cassock like he'd come straight out of the monastery, riding up on an Indian in leathers, and heard of martial studies from Callum McCann. Now, arts and crafts. Not entirely unrelated, and of course, Kindred and kine alike enjoy a broad range of hobbies due to the accessibility of knowledge in this century.

Hazel eyes turn expectantly on Velma. Dillon makes it very obvious, by propping his chin on his hand held aloft by his elbow on the bar, that he looks forward to seeing what she will come up with. The easy answer? Or something more inventive? The Reeve is a comical caricature of rapt attention.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Criminal psychology?” The Daeva raises her eyebrow and grins.

”And I thought you were there just for the football team.” The thought of having Dillon dragging half the opposite team to score a touchdown proved too much for the Succubus to attempt a deadpan and the grin turned into a soft giggle.

After deciding she should behave and restrain herself from further giggling she answers Troy’s question.
    ”Well, I work at club Ember, maybe you should come and visit us one of these nights…”

And then again maybe not… Who would stand being side to side with the Nosferatu in the strip club? Much less dance for him?

Some things money just doesn’t buy… Even if Troy seemed ok'ish in her eyes she doubted the girls would approve.
    Velma Star*

D
    DownsideUp

A drink is tipped to Teodor. "I will be sure to speak with, Ms. McFarlane when I get the chance." Troy was eager to meet those within his field and to build further connections. Unlike with art or law enforcement, networking in his area of specialty often meant more than just exchanging business cards, and a new contact was invaluable in development.

Regardless, it was something to worry about at Court.

Velma's football joke earned a little smirk from Troy. He was sure Dillon would look ravishing in the pads, but rather than ask he stuck to the more professional question. "Is this your first time studying at a university or do you have a prior degree?"

Finally there was the Club Ember remark. His effect on a tight crowd like that would be worse than the bad perfume and aroma of cheap makeup that already bellowed out of such establishments. Still she was a beautiful woman.... "I may visit sometime Ms. Star, but I think a private booth would be more my style than down on the floor. If such a thing could be arranged that is." Troy scratched at the bridge of his nose and smiled. He knew how bad his natural cologne. "Speaking of privacy do you know if they have a more private area here?"

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon can't help but drop a silly grin to answer Velma's, spurred both by her football comment and her giggle. "I do have a mean tackle."

Again, he ducks his face in slightly closer to hers. It's not terribly subtle of him, but he doesn't care. She has that effect on men, and he'd been waiting to flirt with her properly for about nine decades or so.

As for Dillon's 'mean tackle', another taste of his drink hides private amusement at the memory that surfaces. Pulling the half-dressed woman to the floor of Elysium's Conference Room, and thwarting any of her wriggling attempts at escape.

It had been a beautiful moment, just prior. Slowly sliding Velma's jacket off her shoulders to expose her throat and chest. Of course, he hadn't been lusting at her bosom so much as he'd been taking aim...

"First time?" he answers Troy. "Oh no, as a matter of fact, I've only been in Sacramento for..." um... human terms... that's... "five semesters, now. I was a So-Cal boy before then."

Actually, he'd been in Baja trying to beat some sense into his cousins, there. But that's another story for another time. And Dillon politely avoids the talk of degrees, as he's been playing the college kid angle among the kine off and on for quite a long time.

To Troy's next question, Dillon lifts a hand in a nonchalant point that doesn't level out any higher than his hip. He's more pointing with a hazel glance around the room. "Those six columns you see with the mirrored panels that support the room? They're hollow. They conceal private booths, and that's one-way glass."

Just as Dillon finishes his sentence, a mirrored panel on one opens softly, revealing itself to be a door. A suited gentleman then makes his way to the other side of the bar to order another round for his own party.

"There, see?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma’s answer to Troy’s gestures was a silly smile. Maybe it was her way of not pointing out the obvious. It was always awkward when others pointed out their own shortcomings or defects…

Ye, a defect not a curse… curse implied something of the divine or the prophane.

The succubus eyes widen just a bit as Dillon moves closer. She almost reached for him to pull him closer but that would be extremely unwise. There would be plenty other opportunities for that…

Refocusing her attention on the others around her the songstress offered.
    ”To the booth then!”
    ”I believe the one in that corner is empty.” The Daeva invites the other kindred to lead the way, she would remain at the tail’s end.

When they reached the booth, Velma was the last to sit, opting to remain in the place where she felt Troy’s… defect… would cause her less trouble.
    Looking to all kindred in turn and then to the roof and the door of the booth the Daeva remarked with a smile.

”I believe we are safe here…”
    Velma Star*

D
    DownsideUp

The Haunt collected his drink and followed the other two into the private booth.

"Lovely space Ms. Star. How much does one cost, I wonder?" It was a passing comment.

She thought it was a safe space, and dropping the pretense would certainly make things easier. Rather than be the first to speak freely, Troy takes another drink of his scotch and makes himself comfortable in the corner seat of the booth.

"They certainly earn points for style, but I wouldn't expect anything less from us."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread