Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(0906) Summer's Open Bar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Simone Sangoma

After heading away from Big King Richard, Circe and Sonnie, leaving them by the front of the estate, Simone heads straight for the bar. Apparently, it was open, paid for upfront and free to all.

That just made the usually bitter Darkling warm and fuzzy inside.

Getting herself a Chardonnay, she took her pack from her back and placed it down beside her. It wasn't exactly a fancy bag but functional over form. It did the job and that suited Simone down to the ground.

Back leaning against the bar, the Darkling lowered her sunglasses and took in the gardens. Despite the sun, she was starting to relax a little.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham walks over to the bar and the woman at it, but he isn't going to lay himself all over the Darkling like some lecherous club kid barely past puberty. No, fully aware that Simone is seemingly not what you'd call a 'life of the party', the distance between her seat and his is carefully calculated - the two are close enough to have a pleasant conversation, but far apart enough to pretend the other doesn't exist, if that was the Darkling's wish.

Your Desires Are Your Own.

Moments later, and a glass of white wine finds its way to the caring embrace of Abraham's hand.

"Lady Simone, I count myself among the fortunate to have met you again" The Spring initiates in his typical, flowery manner "Although every time we cross paths, circumstances don't allow us to converse for long. Will it be the same today, I wonder?"

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone sipped at her own drink as she saw Abraham head over to the bar and sit himself a respectful distance from the Darkling, a choice she appreciated. It was hard not to notice him, his noble bearing strong but not too overpowering. His voice, directed towards her, brought the rare smile to touch the corners of her mouth, making it less-rare than it used to be.

"Fortune is full of shit," she countered, trying to be playful but there was still an edge to her voice, a bitterness that just couldn't fade. "Although, circumstances may be with us today, especially if you're interested in the shooting range over there," she indicated with a nod. "That's where I'll be when the fun starts. Oh, and making sure no-one gets too injured in the other competitions. Especially chess. Chess can be lethal."

Again, another joke. Was the Darkling losing her seriousness, or was chess that dangerous?

"How about you, Mr. Norton? How have you been since we last met, albeit as brief as it was?"

A
    Abraham Norton

A coarse reply, but an honest one "You sound like you speak from experience" From what he can tell, the steel mask that is the Darkling's face begins to crack into smiles more and more frequently. Good. Stars know people need some genuine feel-good time in this no-fun world.

"I'll probably make an ass out of myself but sure, I may give it a try. Rifles were never my thing - noisy, heavy, don't work as well in the Hedge... give me a sword and a bow any day! I'm old-fashioned like that" Although a bit of a modern touch to the knightly ethos, namely in the shape of an assault rifle sounds appealing. Maybe someday.

Lethal chess? This clear attempt at a joke makes the Flowering laugh softly "Chess can be lethal. It's only a matter of how hard you hit the other guy with a board"

"You'll recall our last meeting was shortened by your own choice" There's no accusation in his voice, just a statement of fact "Not one for debating theories and philosophy?" He ponders her question for a moment "I am well, how can I not be? The Californians are generous towards street performers, the sky didn't fall on my head yet and apart from some minor things, the local Freehold seems to have its ducks in a row. A decent living. Or at least a decent start"

"And please, call me Abraham" Approaching with formality was one thing. Slowly closing social distance to build rapport was the next logical step.

S
    Simone Sangoma

A shrug. "Don't we all? All we have are our experiences. Some good, some truly fucking awful. I'm pretty sure everyone here has suffered the latter. We are nothing more than flesh and bone and experiences. Cheers." She raised her glass towards the Fairest before taking another sip of the wine, feel it as it tried to wash away the bitter taste in her mouth.

"I'm sure a blade and bow are pretty trusty to have," Simone nodded. She wasn't going to argue. Difference being, she didn't really want to get close enough to anyone to attempt to stab them. 150 yards away? Yes please.

"You're right, it was my choice. Too many in that room who seemed to love the sounds of their own voices, or would rather use 200 words when a simple sentence would be more concise. Blah blah blah. But then again, who am I but a humble servant of Summer. Dumb as they come, me."

Simone raised her glass once again, before draining it dry. "To your health, both physical and mental, Abraham."

A
    Abraham Norton

"That's a very grim outlook on life. What of the soul? Of wonder? Of the emotions that propel us all forward?" Of course, Abraham accepted that not everyone is cut out to be a Spring, and that was okay. Call it, then, a knee-jerk reactioon to Simone's doom-and-gloom demeanor. Nevertheless, when she raised her glass, he did the same.

"I'd feel attacked, if it wasn't so true" He says and laughs, this time more loudly "I suppose I put my hand to that as well. But why be so demure? You're not dumb, if you were you'd never admit it and you wouldn't be at the class in the first place" Or maybe she's not being demure? Maybe it's a matter of genuine low self-esteem?

"Do you fancy playing a game until the competitions start?" He teases the Darkling "Like, say, never have I ever...?"

Wouldn't that be a sight.

S
    Simone Sangoma

"Fucked a guy."

A moment's silence. A heartbeat. Locked eyes.

Simone looked down as she poured herself another wine.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham likes to think of himself as someone not easily surprised. And yet, Simone's stab forces the Flowering to maintain composure.

With the two still locked in a staring contest like a pair of Wild West duelists, Abraham raises his glass and takes a solid sip. Smiling - dumb, she said? No, not really.

"Never have I ever wanted to live someone else's life"

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone continued to pour the wine until the glass was practically full. As Abraham mentioned not wishing to live another's life, the Darkling sighed, the moonlight dimming from her flesh.

She took a sip as Abraham did.

"Never have I ever cried about my dead fiancee."

A
    Abraham Norton

"Do I look like I'm fiance material?" Normally, the question would be asked jokingly, but Abraham retained his seriousness this time.

Not a family man, this Flowering.

"Never have I ever meaningfully lied to those I love"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.