(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's approach occurs at the moment Alessandra asks Adam to explain himself at the mention of the Inquisitors. It is not prudent to interrupt the sovereign during such a moment, so Blackbird dispenses with the usual formalities and chooses not to announce her presence. Not verbally anyway.

Instead the little bird stations herself near her superior, the Sheriff. Folding her hands behind her back, the little socialite of Sacramento stood at attention. Then she assumes her usual stoic mask... or attempts to.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-17 19:35:42 Blackbird rolls 6 to Hide Her Feels! (Comp+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 3, 4, 6, 1, 2, 6 failure

Unbeknownst to the bird, her irritation and quiet anger is easy to read as her gaze glowers at the investigator of the Lancea Sanctum. She had failed to read Adam's fear in his statement and the words sounded like a threat. The truth of the matter was Blackbird felt the threat was intentional and her belief was written all over her face.

Nonetheless, Blackbird had helped the Domain face down Kindred who had gone against the interests of Alessandra.

She would do so again if the order was given.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam could feel the beasts of many predators circling for the kill. Adjusting his tie, tightening the leash on his very own.

"Her Eminence, Cardinal Dominique Evalda is a rising leader in San Francisco. She has managed to unify the Second Estate of the San Francisco Bay like no one before her. Better than even Father Don Matteo. Her influence is great, her ambitions greater. It is her desire to unify all the Sanctified in California under her religious authority. To that end, she has sent emissaries like myself to connect with the Lance in other Domains."

Adam looks toward the stairs and every dark corner in the room before continuing.

"The Second Estate of Sacramento had cut all contact, failed to respond to messages. In all honesty, she fears that hostile action has been taken against the Covenant here." Leaning in closer. "And Mother Superior Donna Maria has not aided in combating those fears. It was her who informed the Cardinal of the destruction of All Hallow's Church and the final deaths of members of its congregation. It was her who spoke of the troubles within the court of Sacramento."

"But Mother Superior has not been the Cardinal's only source. Prince Jazeem's own envoy Mary Anne shared her account of Sacramento, followed by the reports from Stax, Madame Trixie, and others who have had encounters here. I do not wish the attention of the Cardinal's Inquisitors on anyone. Their methods are questionable but their loyalty isn't. Like the mythic hydra, cut one head, two more arise. Have any of you experienced the pain of vomiting insects?"

Taking a moment to look around the room again. Then lowering his voice.

"You have obviously heard from those I've mentioned regarding the troubles in the Bay. Coups against Prince Jazeem, the Morlock uprising, Brood and Hunter attacks, and perpetual covenant strife. It is only through the strength of the Primogen Council that the Domain has remained intact, however, not without cost. San Francisco is fractured and Evalda plans for the Second Estate to be the glue that binds it back together. The Lance does not currently have a voice on the Council, something the Cardinal is working hard to change."

With a sigh, "As for me, I want to stay far away from that chaos. So the sooner I can report to the Cardinal that the Sacramento Sanctum is secure as evidenced by my remaining here to caretake its records and relics the better. The better for everyone. San Francisco's problems are best left there."

K
    Krieg

"Good evening, Adam," the Hierophant greeted with an intentionally elevated tone. "I noticed you're attracting quite a lot of attention here." His smile bore no warmth. It was a polite warning.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She felt the press of Beast appear, but her attention was only on Adam.

“That’s nice.” Why did she care?

“There is no trouble within the Court of my Domain. There was no trouble within the Court before I became Prince. If your people have it stuck in their head that Sacramento has some secret agenda against the Lance, then let them. None have been turned away from this Domain. And the fact that the those that were here decided to move on is on them and none other.”

Eyes narrow, "Any that step foot into my Domain and seek harm upon those within will be met with Final Death. I do not care who they are."

I’ve had the pain of listening to this bullshit, did that count?

“We have no problems with the Court of San Francisco. We have had Courts with them and no issues or problems were spoken of. And if they’re having problems among themselves, that’s their problem. Not ours.”

He may have lowered his voice, she, did not.

“Actually, not really.” A shake of her head, “And we’ve had our own Brood and Hunter problem. I spearheaded the Brood problem myself. And if there is any Covenant strife, it’s on the Lances end.”

It was a bunch of words, but no answers.

“You did not answer my question. You gave me a bunch of words without a solid answer, so I suggest you answer the question I had asked. And if your big issue is with the Moore House, you have to speak with Regent Moretti to get that addressed. But you will not come into my Court and throw around threats. So again, Answer. My. Question."
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just listens, wishing he had a smoke, but most of these people probably wouldn't appreciate it. There was a lot of words. A... Lot ... of ... Words.

Atticus looks to Adam, leans in and says in a bit of a stage whisper, "Normally, when someone says choose your words carefully, it means less words, more careful."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina scowled.

"What I hear is an open agent of the Cardinal of San Francisco, talking about how his boys are about to come roll up on her Majesty's Domain if he doesn't get his way immediately. So. Her Majesty's question about supposed Inquisitors rolling in. Who are you suggesting they're going to come after? Specifically, who?"

Her tone was flat, and icy as hell as the Regent of Florin stared at the Mekhet. She didn't direct a glance to the Deputies that had assembled, but was pleased they knew where they needed to be. Appropriate discipline was good.

Folks, I get that there is a lot of interest in the thread, but for the sake of keeping it moving, I recommend that we not overcrowd it. If you're just observing, it's okay to let that be known so people can post around you. Remember as well that everything in here is audible to the whole Court.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird returns to the main thread. She will be observing

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Steven

Players, Please see this post

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Hostility? Was that a Gangrel reaction or the sign of waning humanity?

No one turned away? What of the Kallisti? Did Seneschal York not forbid the practicing of Sanctified Religion? What of..... nevermind... Angering the Prince would get him nowhere he wanted to be.

Such were the questions Adam pondered in the seconds following the threatening posturing before him.

"Your Majesty. I could not have been more plainer with my explanation. You asked me to elaborate and I did. There was no question to answer in your request. But if you insist on me speaking bluntly as if to test your resolve, so be it. The Cardinal 'will' dispatch Inquisitors should I fail in the task assigned me. If those Inquisitors fail, she will only send more. In regard to my task, I have reached out to Regent Moretti, who has been too busy to see me regarding the matter. You asked me about my troubles. I have explained them to you. Now I apologize if my honest responses are not pleasing to your ears, but it is the truth and you are deserving of no less."

Looking between the Prince and Moretti. "I am 'not' the threat."

The Prince was showing her weakness. Her judgment was blinded by her emotions. How close was she to becoming a Revenant? Left unchecked she could bring ruin to the whole Domain.

Turning to address the Sherrif. "Her Majesty said elaborate. I elaborated. Her Majesty would be far more upset if I omitted anything or offered her lies." Looking at Ale, "Would you not?"

If the Prince got this upset every time someone spoke to her regarding things she did not like to hear, then it was no wonder the other sanctified left. The Prince of Sacramento was unstable.

Returning back to Moretti, "I am merely a slave looking to escape the yolk of my master. If the Inquisitors do come, they will do what they are ordered with prejudice. No different than Archons of the Invictus, the Ordo's Sworn of the Ax, or your own deputies. They will seek out threats and eliminate them. Regardless of who or what they are."

Looking back at the Prince, "It is my wish to prevent any confrontation or hostilities with the Cardinal's Inquisitors... or with you. I 'am' on your side in this matter."

K
    Krieg

Seeing that the situation was "under control," Krieg slowly peeled away.

Krieg returns to the main thread. He will be observing.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 38

You do not have permission to view the list of names.