Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Lady Seneschal," Floki said as she glided towards the area the officials had gestured to.

She was now without Mable's protection, but with business in mind, and the other important people of the court focused elsewhere, she found herself becoming more at ease.

"I am not just a wanderer, but rather someone seeking a home, and I would like it to be here. I have made sure to stay out of the Domain's borders until tonight, out of respect," Floki explained. "There are a few among the Domain who can confirm this, as we've spoken outside of those borders."
    Floki. Mekhet. Carthian Movement. Striking Looks 2 (Rakish). Presence 1 (Removed).

V
    Vivian York

"Of course, Miss Floki." In response to her thank you. At least the new Mekhet was already more respectful than Dixie.

Listening to the Shadow's description of the events that lead to that evening, the Daeva nodded. "I'm glad to hear of it. There are some who simply don't understand when moving to a new Domain. But I'm pleased you spoke to people before this evening. Curiously, who guided you to the event this evening?"

"What was your previous Domain, if I may ask? I do enjoy hearing about other places. I haven't traveled very much within the Americas quite yet." Vivian may not leave Sacramento for many years, but she enjoyed living vicariously through others.

While Vivian spoke, she slowly reached into a hidden pocket within the long sleeve of her glove, and the Daeva produced a piece of paper which wasn't a normal shape. It was rolled, and very thin. It was hand written with the noted Laws of the Domain upon it. Vivian handed Floki the small scroll and motioned her to open it. "Please read, and let me know if you have questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability."

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

Floki accepted the scroll with a small bow, her touch delicate as she unrolled the laws and began to read. Her eyes flicked back and forth, passing over the letters, looking for those traps which were surely woven within. She found none. At least, none that were not expected. It was the same as many a Domain, though the lack of taxes was a surprise. Perhaps the Prince simply made up for it with the requirements to achieve tenancy.

After a few moments, Floki carefully re-rolled the scroll and handed it back.

"The laws are clearly a reflection of the honor and wisdom which govern this domain," she said simply. "I will have no issue following them. In some ways, they are similar to the laws of my previous Domain, which was within Los Angeles. Thankfully, before tonight, I met a few members of the Domain at a small music festival out in the Desert. Theo, Blackbird, and Ashley Cohen, to name them. Blackbird and Theo told me of the court taking place tonight."
    Floki. Mekhet. Carthian Movement. Striking Looks 2 (Rakish). Presence 1 (Removed).

V
    Vivian York

The ones who questioned the laws, were always the ones who caused a ruckus. Yet, still, even if laws were questioned, some just thought they could shimmy past them and create unsuspecting chaos in the Domain. Vivian hoped those days would be long past after tonight.

“I’m glad you have no questions, Miss Floki. You are officially Acknowledged.” She nodded and took the scroll back. Vivian slipped it back into the tiny pocket on the inside of her glove. “I’ve heard Los Angeles is quite the interesting city. I’ve considered a few days trip there on occasion. Would you recommend it?” She may as well ask one who’s lived there as opposed to just hearing things.

Even though Vivian should have probably been briefer, her curiosity furthered another question. “Speaking of recommendations, I would guess that those you met at the desert party filled you in on places you may be interested. But if you have any questions about clubs, activities, or stores to locate specialty materials, please let me know and I shall do my best to guide you in the right places.”

Since getting this position, the Daeva sort of thought herself a bit of an information center for the Domain of Sacramento. She’d at least researched places that were not part of her normal repertoire for the sake of new people coming to stay.

Please change your status to 1

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you, Honored Seneschal," the voyager replied, smiling softly as the citizenship was granted. "And I think you might like parts of Los Angeles. It can be spectacular to walk beneath so much light that it blinds the stars, but only if you're well connected. I'm sure someone as respected as you would have no trouble arranging hospitality. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend anyone in particular. And yes, I will be sure to come to you if I have any questions that must be answered. Otherwise, I would hate to take up more of your time."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian nodded slightly and accepted the gratitude. As for the City of Angeles, she may still venture there, but who knows when that may be now that she was fully committed to the Domain. "Thank you for the advice. I may have to postpone those plans for a while, but it is definitely on my to do list some day."

Turning back after pausing for the Prince, the Daeva had a slightly more plain look on her face. She wanted to offer Floki a tissue, but she didn't have one on her person. "As for time, you are not taking any up currently. Unless someone is in need of an acknowledgement." She looked to see if the she was being summoned by anyone. "However, if you would like to go mingle with others and get to know more in the Domain, then I won't stop you." She smiled cordially.

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

It took more than a moment for Floki to regain her composure, and to realize that the Seneschal had replied to her. Reaching up, the voyager wiped at the trail of blood creeping down her cheek. She stared at her fingers for a moments, then added the smear of blood to her other cheek.

"I apologize for the display," Floki said, turning back to the Seneschal. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to clean before leaving here tonight. But you have been most kind, Seneschal York. Thank you for welcoming me. I do think that it would be wise for me to meet more of the Domain, though."

Thank you for the Acknowledgement! Returning to the main thread

Closed Thread