Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Memory Lane) Needle in a Haystack

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

One team stayed behind to go over every piece of evidence the odd couple had left behind at the fair ground.

One team had ventured into the blistering heat of the city's churning streets to track down the company of the rental car the couple used as their personal chariot.

Now the teams met to discuss their findings and prepare their next move.

Benji Wolfgang Echo Saber Sloth Circe Origins

2. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    (Contacts (Clubs, Street))
    Echo

Contacts: Street, Clubs
    Status Clubs ●

Mask

A blond 20something, who uses too much eye makeup.
    Mien

Human silhouette altered by a lion's ears and tail paired with digitigrade legs, causing her to walk on leoline toes. Fur comprises of hard packed sand, turning into sun scorched glass. Her hands come to deadly broken glass claws, while her eyes are overly large, their pupils slit, gleam silver like a naked blade.
    Mantle

Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves peak from her hair, her glass body reflects the shimmer of long awaited water
    Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence
    Mask: Cute Boot (L)
    Mien: A length of hardened threads of woven silver sand.

Foot Wrap R ● +2 Initiative
    Mask: Cute Boot (R)
    Mien: A length of captured lighting, dancing on woven clouds.

Engagement Ring ●● +2 Defence
    Mask: An Engagement Ring
    Mien: a large, brilliantly coloured bumblebee, looking as though it was made of wild flowers itself, rather than any mundane black and yellow creature, and held inside a ring made of clear amber.
    Normal Equipment!

Leather Jacket, (Reinforced Clothing), Smart Phone, Bowie Knife.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

Sad that Jason had bounced, well. Not for this car business, but for like. Quick. Dude needed to get laid, and the brightone who made Quick get all swoony baling...lame.

Waiting for the others to get their butts in gear and meet her, Echo adjusts her mirrored sunglasses, and her large black sun hat.

Must have accoutrements for any Darkling, no matter the time, day or weather.

She and WG, had kicked ass on their fact finding, she hoped the only member of Team Pretty left standing had uses all her wiles to persuade some banging info outta the Car Rental place.

Equipment:Leather Jacket, (Reinforced Clothing), Smart Phone, Bowie Knife.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour:

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had little time to spare, having ditched the tie and dress shirt but regretted she had to maintain the suit jacket. It wouldn't do to go around in public with the holster on display. If she needed anything else she'd get it from her car.

She was surprised to be second to arrive and not last, given the time she'd gone through trying Plan B. "Sup Echo! Hope yer team had a better time then I did." Circe waved a manila folder of printed papers for emphasis as she walks up to Echo, "Yer the first here?"

Equipment: Cell phone, thin kevlar vest, colt pistol, 2 clips, shoulder holster, 10 loose rounds, flash drive, print outs, keys.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    W
    Wolfgang

"Your Majesty"

Wolfgang was... around. Just a moment ago, he was around the corner.

Now he was here.

"I won't waste your time. Echo and I investigated the grounds and after speaking with a material witness and a great deal of video footage, we came to the conclusion that the male half of out intrepid investigators has stumbled across the hidden signs to let the Lost know they can come here to Funderland for the Freehold's protection. The lady seems to have some objections with his apparent obsession, and I believe that she thinks he is chasing shadows." He gestures towards the Security Shack. "I've flagged and timestamped the relevant videos, if you want to examine them for yourself. Based on our observations, I suggest that we simply have their rental car towed for trespassing the next time they arrive. Since it's a rental, and the cause of it being towed is obviously mundane and not obviously an example of the strings a sinister cabal of faeries trying to hide their secret community can pool, it's my hope that this will either end their investigation entirely, or at least force him to investigate on his own, after the woman stops supporting him in what she seems to believe is a fool's errand."

"Handling him alone will be much easier if there's no other outsiders."

Wolfgang pauses.

"And by handle him, I mean you threatening him. I'd rather not murder him. Though, if you wish, I suppose the Freehold might find a use for a mortal who's able to investigate well enough to find us."

Equipment: Stun Gun, Leather Jacket (Armor 1/0)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well good ya had it better then me. Talkin' ta the rental gal gotten failed after Jason decided ta bounce," Circe snorts as she shakes her head. She is then nodding as she listens to Wolfgang's suggestion. "That'd get rid of the gal and leave us with just Mr Pico," she pulls the printouts out from the folder. Circe hands a copy to both Wolfgang and Echo, "This is what I got through a digital back door on him"

As for the other option, "That is a option Wolfgang but we need ta know more first. It all depends on Mr Pico is after. Killin' him would totally make problems. Buuuut," she sings songs out, "If you'll look at the packets I've got plenty of ways ta threaten him. Extortion is a fun word, right? Just gotta come up with how ta do it. Or ya know," the elf shrugs, "Break in, plant evidence, accuse him of bein' a pedo, and call the cops on him. Depends on how ya are at B and E." She pauses then points at both of them with a index finger each, "Oh, and I totally wanna hear yer ideas for extorting the guy inta backin' off. It is a great word."

It wasn't blackmail because Circe felt extortion sounds better.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    (Contacts (Clubs, Street))
    Echo

Contacts: Street, Clubs
    Status Clubs ●

Mask

A blond 20something, who uses too much eye makeup.
    Mien

Human silhouette altered by a lion's ears and tail paired with digitigrade legs, causing her to walk on leoline toes. Fur comprises of hard packed sand, turning into sun scorched glass. Her hands come to deadly broken glass claws, while her eyes are overly large, their pupils slit, gleam silver like a naked blade.
    Mantle

Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves peak from her hair, her glass body reflects the shimmer of long awaited water
    Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence
    Mask: Cute Boot (L)
    Mien: A length of hardened threads of woven silver sand.

Foot Wrap R ● +2 Initiative
    Mask: Cute Boot (R)
    Mien: A length of captured lighting, dancing on woven clouds.

Engagement Ring ●● +2 Defence
    Mask: An Engagement Ring
    Mien: a large, brilliantly coloured bumblebee, looking as though it was made of wild flowers itself, rather than any mundane black and yellow creature, and held inside a ring made of clear amber.
    Normal Equipment!

Leather Jacket, (Reinforced Clothing), Smart Phone, Bowie Knife.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

Nodding as WG comes over and gets right down to it, then again as Circe regales them with a tale of her hacking into their database.

Though she can't help but from. why would a team pretty member need to hack anything when they could, y'know talk to people?

"Whoa, that would be hi-larry-ass, but. Like. Maybe we can start small then do for the nuclear options? I don't wanna frame this wacko and make his grudge or whatever bigger then it already is. Plus, if we go into his things, or his place and frame him. There's a hell of a lot of shit that could go wrong for us. Like all the evidence we could inadvertently leave behind.

"Babe, I love my locks, but honey I shed."
    she offers a wink as she tosses her hair over her shoulder.

"Also, I do wanna find out what his deal is, and if it's like. The two of 'em on the same page. Or like WG said, if she's just following him around because of reasons, and'll be super easy to separate them because ya. She thinking it's a fool's errand."
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour:

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Aww but yer so fluffy Echo, I just wanna rub up against ya," Circe giggles back in response to Echo's probable pun about hair and door locks. "Fair enough we investigate him I guess," the blue woman hummed as her red eyes narrowed. Then the crimson orbs widened, "Oh ho ho ho hey I got an idea," she beams a smile at both of them.

"Social media. If he ain't postin' crazy shit he probably used ta before he started playin' spy."
    She motions to the security shack, "That place has computers right? We can check his Twitter or something like that. See if he has a conspiracy blog." Circe didn't mention the possibility of hacking said social media. It was always an option to her.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

Posts from the 2018 Rollback!
    Smirk blooms, "I am delightful to pet."

Fur stands on end, "I....didn't even think of social media. Shit, yeah. We can facebook stalk him, probably her too. See what's up, or whatever. We couldn't totally get some dirt, and see - ya. If he has a conspiracy blog. Maybe see why he's being all weird around the Park."
    "Yup, even put some emoji's out. Maybe anon troll the guy ta see how he reacts or give him a false trail ta follow," Circe is proudly smiling before she stops. Then shakes her head, "Okay, truth? I just wanna troll the bastard for given us trouble. Oh ho ho ho!"

Circe starts heading into the security shack, "Shall we?"
    A cackle, "You sure you're a Fairest?" a light hearted smirk, "If you were a Troll, you would be a troll to troll," a stupid laugh.

"What's his name again?" she asks, pulling out her phone, "Maybe we'll get lucky and he's using his name as his name everywhere and not a nickname."
    "Emmanuel Pico," Circe answered as she checked on the shack's computers. What was the password again? "Idiots usually link most of their social media. Find one, find 'em all." She's started searching using the keyboard as soon as she got the computer up and running.
    To track Pico down on the net requires Intelligence + Computer -3 Penalty. You may use teamwork - because there are Smart Phones now . Each roll represents about an hour of time browsing / trawling social media, etc.

You may also attempt to track down Pico's female companion, but the penalty jumps to -5. You only have a face to go on. Good luck!

The penalty reflects the difficulty of finding pertinent or useful information. Tracking down twitter accounts, facebook and other social media is relatively easy. Assuming Pico has no aliases or lurks on more hidden message boards, etc.
    Offering Circe a highfive, Echo feels the burn of Glamour leaving, as she offers the same aid she had for Wolfgang

Echo....does not have computers, so her help via Teamwork wouldn't be super great, but what she can do is invoke her Truefriend kith blessing!
    Spending 3 Glamour, so that's a +3 to 3 of Circe's rolls!
    Circe high fives Echo before using the computer in the security shack, believing it would be easier then using her smart phone.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-26 02:33:28 Clara E. Verne rolls 6 to schmooze for intelligence purposes (Man + Soc + Social Chameleon) (10 Again) 3, 2, 3, 5, 3, 7 failure

Circe frowned as the attempt was not stellar despite Echo's help but not a failure, "Hmm, ya might want a chair Echo. This'll take a while."
    Sloth Note: Remember that this is a teamwork/extended action, Circe can roll more then once!

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

(Roll bonus)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It does indeed take several hours of work as Circe wishes to be thorough.

10 Suxx woo!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-20 22:34:53 Circe rolls 9 to Int + Comp +3 Boon -3 (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 9, 10, 6, 9, 8, 4, 2, 3, 4 4 successes
    2018-09-20 22:34:25 [02] Circe rolls 6 to Int + Comp +3 Boon -3 (10 Again) 3, 8, 5, 1, 1, 5 1 success
    2018-09-20 22:34:25 [01] Circe rolls 6 to Int + Comp +3 Boon -3 (10 Again) 9, 6, 7, 10, 8, 9, 8 5 successes

"Ya know what's a lil' bit funny?" She quips to Echo, "I got a boon too. Not a lucky as yer's is Ehco but it'd speed this up if I was alone and or naked." She grins, "Or I could be lyin' but yer a lot closer ta a lion than me right? Oh ho ho ho," and the Fairest continues typing away at the keyboard. That was a good pun in Circe's opinion.

ooc: I misunderstood how Companion’s Boon worked. I'll make three rolls then at a +3 which is cool.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The internet is no easy foe to beat. Web page blurs into web page. After a while, even multiple search engines all start to look the same...

They do find him, though.

Emmanuel Pico. A licensed Private Investigator. Blogger. Conspiracy theorist. He is on Facebook but steers away from twitter. He appears, briefly, on Instagram: in a basement or an attic surrounded by tech geeks and weird, home built, gadgets; he appears in some snaps from camping trips across the south-west and northern Mexico. The Facebook account is fairly normal - he has a circle of friends and associates; he has a running debate with some conspiracy theorists, an open debate about cryptids, the limits of science, alien abduction, and folk culture.

The oval faced woman does not appear in any of these feeds.

Following up on links from his social media accounts, the pair dig deeper into the layers of web. Here they find his P.I. business (a small physical office and a low rent website). From that, it would appear that Pico has a soft heart from some of the 'stranger' personal stories and a weakness for 'abduction' cases - by cranks, usually (and there is a lot of nasty graffiti on his site from clients who he has assisted debunked. Pico seems not to mind.

He also visits a series of local message boards under the umbrella of California Weird. These boards cater for those interested in sharing stories of spooky encounters or strange goings on. There is plenty of bad footage, odd photographs, and much discussion ranging from whole hearted belief to skepticism and attempts at debunking individual photos or footage.

There is a local message board for Sacramento and the surrounding counties. It would appear that Pico has been visiting this particular board quite recently and has been in discussions about "strange amnesia cases" and "the Old Sacramento tunnels" and "underground workings from the Prohibition era".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread