Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Wyrdstone) Dungeon Crawl

Apr 12, 2020 : Wyrd Bindings
May 2, 2020 : Informing the Monarchy
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

The Hedge needed to be explored, patrolled.

The Thorns ever encroached, changing the lay of the land. Opening new paths, while closing others.

From Funderland's administrative building a secret path is opened. A stairwell, narrow and steep leads down and down and down. The myriad of cobwebs had been cleared, but ever industrious the spider rebuilds. The once shadowless mass of all encompassing darkness, gains shadows as lights are introduced. Strung along the wall leading down into the Prohibition era tunnels that criss-crossed the subterranean map of the Freehold.

As the steep stairs come to an end, the passage abruptly shifts, taking a very sharp turn, running west-east. Rough hewn stone, dried mud, and grey brick run a curve overhead, cables run the length of it, tracking electricity to the once dead bulbs. On the ground is a rusted, unstable tack.

At the end of the corridor, is the HedgeGate they've been told about.

Please post any equipment you're bringing into the Hedge!

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    N
    Nana

Nana was set on reaping bounty from the Hedge here. Autumn was fast approaching and it simply would not due for her to be in the dark about its intricacies. Leaving her van as she made way into the park proper, she had come as prepared for a trek through the Wyrd wilds as best she knew how with jacket, boots, and bag.

She had stocked up physically, but she intended to do so in other ways. She crept along the edges of darkness cast by the many trees throughout the park, waiting for a mortal park worker to pass by before she snuck from the shadows behind them. “Excuse me.” She devoured the rush of startled fear with her eerie grin creeping across her face. “Could you point me toward the admin building? I have some business there.” She knew where it was, but she thanked the employee for their unwitting service as they extended a lightly shaking finger in the right direction.

She crept down into the not so abandoned tunnels, trickles of her own fear bringing gooseflesh to her skin. She arrived at the gate, inspecting it with bone spur fingers clicking against the rough stone of the walls.

Jump Scare Fear Harvest 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-23 15:00:22 Nana rolls 7 to Jump Scare Fear Harvest (Dex 3 + Stealth 3 + Spec + Seeming Bless 9-again) (9 Again) 5, 1, 5, 6, 8, 4, 10, 3 2 successes
    If the harvest is allowed, it will put her to 9 Glamour for the scene (2 suxx + 1 for Court emotion - 1 Seeming Blessing) before any penalties for it being just a quick spook. Reinforced clothing jacket gives her 1 gen. armor. Equipment in ST minisheet.

B
    Blink

Excitement

That would be the best way to describe how Blink felt. She had no clue what the other side of Sacramento looked like, what threats she could face off against, nothing...It was awesome!

Blink wore yoga pants, a tank top, and some athletic sneakers. She really didn't have too much to her name, but had her knives and pepper spray in her, mostly empty, backpack.

"Heya." Blink said with a wave of her hand to all assembled, as she approached the gate. "Looks like we are going to be in for one epic adventure." For Blink, epic was her happily ever after...

Others were just too obsessed with murdering themselves and taking back over their shitty lives...Why?

T
    Tiphon

Do you hear the people sing? Singing the songs of angry men...

The wanderer whistled the tune as he descended down below, red eyes burning as he came. Dusty clothes covered the sandstorm made man, and he carried a heavy-looking backpack that he'd gotten from a Goodwill. This wasn't just any backpack. It was his backpack, and he cared deeply for it. It had been with him on the road for a long time, after all, and the Elemental had strange attachments to objects. These were attachments that were so much harder to make with people, attachments that had been so easy before --

He frowned against the thought. Maybe it was all the angry Glamour, from the pack of homeless he'd riled up with banter about the one-percent that had kept them down for so long...

"I do not know you."

It was to both of them. He shifted his heavy pack on his shoulders, then offered handshakes.

"But I would like to. I am Typhon."

Smile.

It was pleasant, practiced, but distant, like every fucking expression an Elemental tried to make was --

The red eyes burned anew, fresh vengeance sparked by what had been taken.

Wrath harvest: 1 sux + 1 for court emotion. Typhon has 9 Glamour for the scene.

Equipment in Minisheet.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-23 16:38:12 Typhon rolls 8 to Manipulation + Socialize + Social Chameleon to generate angry! (10 Again) 2, 5, 2, 1, 10, 6, 2, 4, 6 1 success

0 Scenes

The trio having made their way down the steep steps and the cramped tunnel individually meet now, some for the first time, others before at the Mixer.

Nana's bone spur fingers press against the rough stone. Dirt, and cobwebs pull away as her fingers deftly move. By touch and sight, all is as she expected, though without more time and further consideration, she won't know if there is anything truly out of place.

Just as they had been informed of the path leading towards it, they know that before them is a Hedge Gate. It sits silent and still. Closed, still needing the burn of glamour to open it.

Harvest is allowed, Nana is at +2 Glamour as is Tiphon!

N
    Nana

Nana turns as the pair approach, a grin stretching at her already taunt skin. Particularly in seeing Blink, considering the danger they were opening themselves up to and the woman’s own admission of enjoying a good brawl.

“Hello again.” She nodded, her own hungry eyes sparkling at the possibilities. “Yes and I’ll be there should anything go awry.” Not that she was hoping for it – at least not much. What does sand bleed then? She considered as she looked to Tiphon and his outstretched hand.

“The feeling is shared. Nana.” She brushed her fingers clean on her sleeve before wrapping her hand around his. The suture threads unraveling from her fingertips were drawn out to caress his shifting skin, though she made an effort not to let them sink in and snatch a taste. She’d at least spied him from the spinning carousel at the Mixer and his Summer mantle, even gentle, meant she wasn’t too worried he was a danger.

“Shall we begin then?” She asked before she would, unless stopped, feed the Gate with just a pinch of magic to have it open up for them.

B
    Blink

"I'm Blink - the self proclaimed Crimson Knight." She offered to Typhon. "Good to meet you."

"Glad to hear it and sure." Blink said as she knelt down, slinging her backpack around. She unzipped it and pulled out two knives, one at a time. Zipping back up her pack she slung it back around, getting the strap on the other arm once more.

"Hmm.." Blink said with a glance to the blades. Should I just tuck them into my waisteband?

Blink took one of the blades and tucked it into the waisteband near the small of her back and kept the other one handy.

"So dumb question..." Blink said to the other two. "But does anyone have a light or something? I can't see in the dark or anything..." and I didn't think to bring shit...

T
    Tiphon

"Self-proclaimed...?"

Typhon's red eyes blinked, and he smiled, amused. He shook her hand.

"Earn it from a Knight's Oath to our Queen before you claim it to me again."

The Elemental didn't sound like he was chastising her hard - more like he simply did not compute the concept of a self-proclaimed Knight. He reached into his backpack and touched something, the red twinkling set deep in the sand as he called on a Contract once, twice... and the sand seemed to harden as stronger, firmer stuff flew threw it - concrete, spiking and gristling his skin even as it reinforced.

"No light. No money. I wander, for now. Someone can run to a store if needed, if they have money. Nana? Do you have what she seeks?"

Cloak of the Elements and Armor of Element's Fury active.

2 sux AoEF
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-24 17:33:06 Typhon rolls 5 to Armor of Element's Fury (Dex + Wyrd -1 for Retry, catch met) (10 Again) 7, 8, 7, 3, 9 2 successes
    2018-08-24 17:32:51 Typhon rolls 6 to Armor of Element's Fury (Dex + Wyrd, catch met) (10 Again) 2, 4, 2, 7, 6, 2 failure

0 Scenes

The Wizened's bone spurred fingers graze the silent gate, magic feeds into it. Crisscrossed on the stonework, silver spider silk quivers, as if a fly was trying valiantly to wrest itself free of the trap and the awaiting maw of the spider that spun it, but as the glamour burns, the silvery spider silk is engulfed in flame that burns the same.

There is silence, then there is sound.

The stonework the webs had clung to snaps, shattering in on itself, crumpling and folding until it is nought but foetid air.

Grey light spills into the corridor.

The Hedge Gate is opened.

Passed the Gate, lays the realm beside. The Hedge in dreary grey glory, presents itself to the trio. Overcast and mournful, there are dead vines, seared at the ends. Trees in the ever far distance, though curiously there are stones akin to those that had cracked with the opening of the Gate along the path trailing off like immortal breadcrumbs, leading off and away, through oppressive omnipresent Thorns.

Please remember to activate Powers please use the Power Icons, the empty circle with a green outline is for Changeling abilities that do not/have not cost Glamour to activate.

N
    Nana

Nana sighed. So much for bright Summer. It wasn’t just to the pair though. She hadn’t brought any lighters of her own either. “No, even simple technology as flashlights can fail in the Hedge and I didn’t think to bring anything else. It isn’t such a terrible note however. I’ll stock up on torches of some kind in the future.” It wasn’t that she had night vision herself, but creeping about in darkness was something she relied on more often than not. She was grateful to see as the gate gave way in impressive flame and crumbling stone, grey light followed.

She stepped through the gate and looked back. “Unless you fear the dark overly much, I would like to press on as far as we are able.” Turning her attention back to the Hedge, she was both thrilled by its gloomy atmosphere and somewhat afraid of what it meant for her to feel at home in it. That was something to consider later. Her eyes instead set to the moment as she started examining the thorns and path at the gate’s entrance – particularly for tracks or other signs of recent passage nearby.

Wyrd Tracking 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-25 00:30:39 Nana rolls 5 to Wyrd Tracks (Int 3 + Survival 2) (10 Again) 4, 9, 2, 9, 3 2 successes

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread