Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Guilty of Dreaming) Coffee Corner

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

That night, that dream, the Nightmare echoed behind the Lost that were called by a klaxon's yell.

The Foreign Demoness mauled by a lion. The Morning Star, stole her own life away, so no other could take it from her.

It was no wonder they decided to meet in the waking hours where the sun seared away what screeched in the night. Coffee brewing, arms and armour both, the aroma filling every corner of Edna's in these early hours before the Park staff would even arrive.

It was no wonder they called upon another Autumn, one who might know more of the Dreaming then they. For they knew poor little Quill with her klaxon's call was still trapped. Bound in awareness, caged in Poison, as a Nightmare raged on around her.

Remember folks, Willpower Recovery is slower then Glamour's!

2. Likes Cayce, Xadun liked this post
    P
    Penance

Time had passed since they last were stolen away in their sleep to another person's dreams, but it still felt like it hadn't been long enough. The next few days after she'd woken up screaming in frustration in her bed had been rough, like every bit of vigor she had was robbed of her in that last cry. Even now, she felt like she was only partially there and a part of her still lay lazing about at her apartment.

She walked into Edna's in a bright tank top and black yoga pants, the wrinkles in the former suggesting she had slept in them. As was habit, she had already drawn up her Mask, because she really didn't feel like dealing with herself today. She hadn't quite latched on to coffee yet, instead opting for a thermos of black tea for her caffeine boost. She found herself a chair, slumped down in it, and promptly kicked off her sandals like she lived here.

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The note Freya had found at a presumed hotspot for local Changeling activity had called for cousins gifted in the Contracts of the Dream. Freya was one such cousin and, although she knew no one really in her new home, she was smart enough to understand that the request was both a means to showcase herself before her brethren and also allow her face down threats to her new home. On one hand it was a useful as means of helping to establish herself and, on the other, her instincts to protect wouldn't allow her to ignore the call for aid even though she tried. Briefly.

Thus, a large white passenger van pulled into Edna's Funderland's parking lot and out came Freya. Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail and she dressed in a white tank top, a pair of running shorts, and some sneakers. THats what those who could only see her Mask would see anyway. Her brethen would see her Mien in all of its savage beauty as her well groomed feathers glistened in the rising sun. She wanted to make her presence clear.

Absent minded, the Hunterheart went to the counter, ordering an iced Bee Sting with just a touch extra honey. into the Haunted House. It was only after she got her drink and had seated herself at a table that she noticed Penance, whom she tried to offer a friendly smile before her eyes landed on the door to the cafe. Clearly she was waiting and she held the crumpled note in her hand.

Invited to the scene! Not just budding in fyi!

ST Edited, crossed out the errors, and my additions are in bold.
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The floor above Penance and Freya, footfalls step firmly and slowly.

step.... step.... step....

The move from immediately above to the landing, and down the stairs.

step.... step.... step....

With a groan the door opens, reveling the would-be Dread Lord of Autumn. Rhodes also looks like he hasn't slept. Wearing a faded red shirt, black pants, and that trademark thundercloud coat, he enters the room, watching the Orge. "Penance? Good morning. No offense, but you look like I feel." The Fairest strolls across the room, noting the hawk-like other changeling. "And good morning to you, as well. I don't believe I've had the pleasure. Rhodes, of the Autumn Court."

Stray, fyi - this is Edna's:
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Ednas_Boarding_House
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

7. Likes Cayce, Stray, liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The door to Edna's opened beneath Lucifer's touch, though she had not been the one to unlock it, the key that she had fought so hard for was not within her grasp. Her movements were slow and graceless, the perfection of her form half smothered by Ponte Knit pants and a fuzzy turtleneck, large O-frame sunglasses hiding most of her too-pale feathers.

It was clear that she was unwell as she slowly moved into the room and half-collapsed into a hair, a hint of gauze peeking out around her left wrist.

"Would someone kindly fetch me a drink. I feel...in need of assistance."

It pained her to ask for help, and to show such weakness, almost as much as the blade of the knife had when it cut her open, but she was not superhuman. It had taken everything she had to simply arrive.
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

9. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Another sound of the door turns the Fairest's head. That... looks like Lucifer. But... something's wrong here.

Rhodes moves with haste over to the other Fairest as she collapses into the chair. As he nears, he can see the sickly pale nature of her skin, the trembling hands. Even through his icy demeanor, concern filters through. "Lucifer...?" A hard edge bites as he catches sight of the gauze, though he does not touch her. "What happened to you? Are you hurt?"

He turns to the ogre. "Penance. Get her some water. Quickly, if you would."

Apologies for the double post but this it something that would spur Rhodes quickly! I'll wait until order resumes properly.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

11. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    P
    Penance

Penance offered a brief wave to Beast, but no words were exchanged so she didn't bother speaking up. She wasn't familiar with the girl and perhaps she should be concerned with that, but she hadn't made any untoward moves yet, so she wasn't going to get worked up at the moment.

Rhodes comment gave her reason to inspect herself and... yeah, she probably could've made herself look better. Fair point.

"Then I do not envy how you-" her comment was cut short as Lucifer walked in the door. With far less pizazz than she would've expected, wasn't this the woman who used to introduce herself as if she was already queen? She didn't see the gauze, but seeing how she moved without her usual grace was ringing to her that something wasn't right. Her own weariness forgotten, she got to her feet and rushed off to the kitchen on Rhodes' command.

Edna's, though an attraction in the park, was still a functioning house, albeit with decor made to match the dilapidated interior. After all, people still actually lived here. She fetched a porcelain mug that only looked old and filled it with water from the sink before getting it back to the trio. Hopefully Rhodes wouldn't mind the small spills of not handling it to carefully.

"Please tell me this is all because of that dream."

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya looked to Rhodes as he spoke directly to her, returning his greeting with a small smile.

"Freya, Spring Court. Nice to meet you, Rhodes."

At the conclusion of the greeting, Lucifer had arrived and, upon seeing her percieved frailty, Freya rose with an expression best described as shock. The Hunterheart's instinctcried out for her to offer some small comfort to the ailing Shadowed Fairest, but her hesitation prevented her from acting as Rhodes and Penance sprang into action. Briefly, she held her head in a brief moment of shame.

Then she spotted the gauze and shame became superseded by concern, prompting her gaze squarely on Lucifer. The Beast's maternal heart, forged through savage trials in her Durance, called for Freya to make contact, providing support through a touch, but Freya thought better of it. Luci was the only one out of the three that Freya knew, but she did not know her well. Thus, painful as it was, Freya abstained, pressing her lips in a thin line as she waited for the wounded Fairest to address Penance's question.
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

14. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"If I had wanted to be fretted over, I would have gone to the hospital, or the police," Lucifer replied tartly, though she did gratefully accepting the mug of water from Penance. She offered the demonic woman a nod of thanks as she sipped at the liquid, her mouth having felt as if it had been coated in loose cotton.

Finally, having drunk her fill, Lucifer set the mug heavily upon the table and reached up to remove her glasses, revealing the dark circles beneath her eyes.

"I was mugged. If you wish to embarrass me further, by all means, please ask more questions. Or, we could simply get down to business. The Gentry are far worse than a thug with a knife."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-27 22:54:04 Lucifer rolls 7 to lies (manip3+subter2+SL2) (9 Again) 4, 2, 1, 4, 9, 8, 2, 5 2 successes
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

16. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Always just enough, Luci....
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-28 08:27:20 Rhodes rolls 7 to Spot Luci's lies Wits3+Empathy4 (10 Again) 5, 7, 9, 5, 10, 1, 4, 1 2 successes

"I sincerely doubt you would. Those are places we are safer avoiding and you know that. I cannot help you if I do not know you need help."
    Rhodes' voice is hard. He rises from his fellow Fairest's side and turns to the others. "Lucifer.... is right. If she is willing to continue, as she has made clear, then we have a far more pressing issue. The Gentry advancing in the dreams."

He moves to the head of the table and drops casually into the grand chair. "Freya. My apologies for ignoring you - the wellbeing of my Court are my responsibility, in part. The pleasure is all mine." He sips his coffee, letting the warmth seep through his body. "Lady Lucifer, Penance, and the Sovreign of your Court, Queen Ingrid, were all drawn into a dream by means unknown, presumably Fae-work. Lucifer felt the poisoning of the dream. I offered my assistance, as I have an interest in dreams, and some experience in their manipulation. We are here to plan a next move."

The Fairest gestures to the masked ogre. "Penance. If, while Lady Lucifer rests a while, you would recound the dream you saw. Perhaps we may find insight."

18. Likes Cayce, liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread