Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

((Paper Chase) Mission, Improbable?)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

With spring in the air and the weather slowly turning, Campanella the Moros has returned to the Sanctuary to do a spot of cleaning. He has laid claim to the old Chapter House in the name of the Mysterium long since, but increasingly he find himself drawn to the adjoining cloister. The spot has been close to his heart for some time, with its contemplative shadows and quiet spaces. Now, dressed down in jeans and checkered shirt, he sweeps.

Of course, there is more to his duty than simply cleaning. The Moros has got the word out that he has a problem; a problem that only the Awakened can resolve. Cleaning is simply the excuse: he is waiting for Aurora Lacuna and Samael

Carefully placed, nearby, is a briefcase with an assortment of materials Campanella needs to prosecute his case.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-20 03:55:35 Campanella to cast Unseen Aegis rote rolls 10 to Intelligence + Occult + Order Spec + Matter (10 Again) 6, 5, 7, 3, 5, 8, 8, 7, 7, 10, 1 3 successes

For arguments sake, this occurs after the events in Sanctuary 14. Saber Sloth Orianna ErlangShen
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna was surprised when she was contacted by the Alchemist to aid him with...a problem.

Her. Newly arrived.

...and an Apostate.

Hell, Sacramento certainly functioned differently then New York.

Casting, pulling on both Subtle and Gross, golden glyphs of imperfect lines shape. One wraps around her, forging her Armour, the other's shape tightens until its a minutcure echo of itself floating above the center of her forehead before it shimmers, sinking into her flesh, and opening her Eye.

"Campanella." nodding a greeting, as she spies the Moros...and his briefcase.

Third Eye 2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-20 23:54:23 Lacuna rolls 5 to Third Eye (Mind 2 + Gnosus 3) (10 Again) 5, 8, 9, 3, 1 2 successes
      2E Space Amour 2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-20 23:42:10 Lacuna rolls 6 to 2E Space Armor (Space 3 + Gnosis 3) (10 Again) 8, 1, 5, 10, 3, 7, 3 2 successes
    -2 Mana for 24 hour duration for both Third Eye and 2e Space Armour
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Campy needed help.

So of course Aurora jumped at the chance to help. As a member of the Mysterium now, she felt it was kinda her duty to help when he asked.

Plus there wasn’t anything else really going on.

Walking into the Circle, she was sorta casual in fitted pants and an oversized sweater. It wasn’t exactly spring outside, so shorts would have been a bit much. Her long hair was thrown into a quick ponytail as she hoped in her car.

Parking and walking in, she was surprised to see one of the new people, Lacuna? She thinks that’s right, but wasn’t sure.

A hand is raised in greeting as she walks over to them,

“Hey.”

Life Shield and Sight in place...monthly Rits

S
    Samael

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-22 19:07:05 Samael rolls 8 to Aura Perception [Gno + Mind + HS] (10 Again) 4, 2, 1, 7, 5, 2, 5, 9 1 success
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-22 19:08:30 Samael rolls 8 to Misperception [Gno+Mind+HS] (10 Again) 1, 1, 9, 6, 10, 1, 4, 7, 3 2 successes

Having insight into others' emotional state, and hostile minds' perceptions skewed a bit, he felt comfortable. Arriving last, "Pardon me, I apologize," he frowned at his tardiness. "Traffic was monstrous."

Looking down at the briefcase, "This reminds me of the of a movie," he attempted at humor. "If we open it, will it glow?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Lacuna."

"Aurora."

Campanella greets the first arrivals easily as he gently sweeps the cloister.

"Make yourselves comfortable. The grass is nice and soft... And I'm sure we can find some deck chairs somewhere. I believe Samael is yet to join us so lets wait a bit longer."

When the Thearch arrives, Campanella finishes his sweep and stands his broom against one of the cloister pillars.

"Samael. Welcome. I'm glad you could all make it."

He gathered up the briefcase before finding himself a spot. The Thearch can see the Moros' aura glitter and flash around him, though Samael's vision is unable to penetrate its cunning mystery; he can only say that Campanella's aura is silver and that it is like watching a placid lake whose depths can only be guessed at.

"Movie? Oh. Oh - yes!" He smiled and bobbed his head. "I'd like to thank you all for your offer of assistance. There is a thing that I want... No. Thats not the best way to describe it." He paused. "There is an object currently in the hands of Sleepers that should not be there. While I doubt the object itself is in much danger, it is an object of much use to the Awakened. More to the point, it simply does not belong in Sleeper hands. And we have an opportunity to take it."

He paused again.

"I should probably mention that the object is a Grimoire." He added carefully. Samael could see how the Moros aura surged from silver to dark blue, passed through yellow and settled into a bright green swirl.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

At each arrival Lacuna's head nods a greeting their names leaving her lips with the action.

Though with the Moros' offer the warlock remains standing.

To Samael's sight Lacuna has been submerged in grey and brown, she chokes on them, while infectious blackness chokes her. As Campanella reveals what he seeks, the overtones of her aura swirl into a vividly bright green.

"A Grimoire can't stay in-" innocent "Sleeper hands." her great arms cross over her less impressive bust, "Since you know about it, I'm assuming you know who has it. And because you've called the calvary they don't want to sell. Or he-she-they will, but you want us as backup or to intercept it so you're not implicated in its theft." Lacuna assumes and infers.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand was raised in a wave, “Hey Samael.” And then nods, “It defiantly is.” No arguing with that.

Her purse was dropped and she followed, “Sometimes the grass is nice. But I still have to look into getting some chairs finished for here.” Truth was she hadn’t started, but they didn’t need to know that. Losing Tuesday had been a huge blow and she was just starting to get back into the swing of things.

A sly smile spreads across her lips at the mention of retrieving something from a Sleeper. “Oh, now this sounds fun.” She replies, “And when you say take it, I assume you mean we’re not offering to buy it.” Didn’t matter either way to her.

“What do we know about the Sleeper? I like to know my marks.”
    Yes, she said marks. A life on the road and with various circuses had taught her a few things.

A look was given to Lacuna, “What she said too. Any ideas on what approach would work best? If not, I might have a few.” But those depended on who the mark was and what game she would have to play.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Samael

Samael withheld further comment. It was easier for him to listen to others first, and then speak up. A Grimoire would be a vital acquisition for Consilium. He was certain that the Mystagogue had planned to stash it in the library.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella smiled gently as Lacuna spoke.

"That is a very good theory. Of course I know who has it. They are also not in a position to sell; to anyone. Truthfully, I doubt they are in a position to do much. No. The owner is indisposed and in fact, may never be disposed again. Not dead, but uncomfortably close and the vultures will only circle so long before the unfortunate's estate is carved up for their... care. If that happens the Grimoire will be lost again. We can't let that happen. So... It has to be now."

He paused for effect, then opened his briefcase.

"The current owner is this man, Claus. Its a long story so I'll abbreviate: Claus came out of retirement last year - for one more job. Rumour is that he was asked to authenticate a ritual dagger. The pressure of this case was too much and resulted in him have a physical and psychotic break, from which he is not like to recover. The Grimoire is part of his estate, which looks like it may have to be sold to pay for his extended care. I have seen it catalogued so I strongly believe the book to be part of his private collection; which would be at his home not far from here."

The Moros' eyes glittered as he handed around some photographs and a trade periodical.

"The Grimoire will appear as this text. Its a 15th century codex, in Hebrew. Subject is the poetry of Judah Halevi. I've done some digging and I believe that the rotes will be contained in the micrographia in the margins. See? The fantastic beasts along the margins? Micrographia."

He paused.

"It should be at his house. Either on open display in a library or in a safe. But onsite. I have pictures to show what you are looking for. Beautiful craftsmanship..." Campanella added dreamily.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

The knowledge that Aurora is some sort of grifter is stored away. If the blond came to her with those skills back Before she'd have put her to work easily enough. Now though...now everything was different.

"In a library or safe..." breaking into a home, disabling the security and locating the Grimoire sounded easy enough for someone without access to the Supernal, "What's the catch? "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread