(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The desk was a dark mahogany, large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies had been moved over and placed here and there, bringing her a sense of calm.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, and a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Behind the desk sat the Prince, papers scattered around. Tonight she wore a black fitted sleeveless shirt over black leather pants. Her hair was loose around her shoulders and had blue woven into it. She wore little to no makeup save for her blood red lips.

Hanging on her chair, within easy reach, was her duel holster. Two .357's were nestled inside each side, spare clips tucked under them.

She was curious about the Haunt, and looked forward to talking with her and see what she was about.
    Takeda Katsumi Cayce
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

Takeda had been waiting for this night since she'd first arrived and found a new Prince ascending to the throne. She'd left Sacramento without a master, and though she didn't particularly mind that, she was in search of a purpose. Her Sire was gone, disappeared if not dead, and Takeda was all too happy to cut ties with the Demon that had dragged her onto this path to hell. Pledging her sword to a new master would certainly help to cement that, even if, as her nightmares promised, the ancient burakumin was not actually dead.

So it was that Takeda stepped across the threshold of the Nox, a black silk kimono draping her frame, with a long bundle held in her arms, folds of cherry blossom patterned silk obscuring what was held in inside. At least, for the Kine. The Prince would know what was contained within. It was what Takeda had offered her, after all. The question was, would the Prince be willing to accept it, and if she was, in what capacity? Despite the humble, almost groveling letter that the Killer had written, she did not intend to sell her blade cheaply.

Such thoughts faded, however, as Takeda finally stepped into the Prince's office, pausing to take in the sparse decorations, the butterflies on pins, and the memento mori sitting on the Prince's desk. Fascinating. Judging from the hardware that sat holstered near to hand, it wasn't hard to imagine how the Prince had come to earn her reign.

"Greetings, honorable Madame Prince," Takeda pronounced in formal greeting, sinking to her knees and bowing low, the bundled swords still held in her arms. Her hair swept the Prince's carpet as her hands came to rest upon the ground, her forehead only inches away, and there she waited for the Prince to acknowledge her.
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

4. Likes Orianna, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was the presence of the weak Beast that caught her attention first. Dark eyes look up from the computer to see the Haunt…kneeling?

Well, that was a first. Perhaps it was a cultural thing? Oh how stupid she felt not knowing and not taking a couple minutes and look it up.

Her Beast urged her to extend her Claws and rend the woman where she knelt. Undefended.

But not tonight. Not unless warranted would that happen.

Instead of blood and flesh, the Savage smiled,

“Please, come in, have a seat.”
    The computer screen went dark as she pushed a button.

“I’m looking forward to getting to know you.”
    And judge if that aura she gave off was going to be a problem.

“How have you been settling in?” her question genuine.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

Despite the Prince's urging, Takeda held the bow for a moment longer before she once more rose to her feet and approached the Prince. She had been prepared to offer her blades, as was customary, or perhaps rather, as she had been taught, and so the Prince's question surprised her. It seemed that the Unconquered in Sacramento were much more...subdued than what she was used to, and so she chose to accept the Prince's invitation and claimed one of the chairs before her desk, though she sat stiffly, the swords wrapped in cherry blossom silk held in her arms.

"I have been finding Sacramento to be a most impressive Domain," she replied, curious if this was merely a disguised interrogation and a true gesture of curiosity.

"Already I have begun to court alliances, though only the rise and fall of the moon will tell if they shall last. Nevertheless, I have also found myself growing eager to be of service and to once more take up my place in our ancient and storied covenant in a more direct capacity."

Takeda had been preparing to transition into the formal offering of blades, though something convinced her that now was not the time, that perhaps this was the test which would determine whether or not her offer was refused or accepted.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She watches as Takeda took a seat, stiffly.

Perhaps she was used to more formal meetings?

Smiling, “That’s good to hear. I’ve personally always found Sacramento be a more open and accepting Domain to all that reside within it.” It was good to hear that others found the Domain impressive.

Alliances…already? Seemed she move quickly.

“It’s nice to hear that you’ve found those this quickly. Though what you say is all too true, only time is the true test of those bonds.”
    Kindred either moved on or were lost in battle.

She leans back slightly, “Eager to be of service.” A nod then, “I remember you mentioning that in Court, perhaps we can discuss that. How do you see yourself being of service to the Domain? I know little about you, but would like to know more.”

10. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

Ah, so the Prince was in favor of less elaborate proceedings. Perhaps not surprising given her fondness for nail drivers sized in .357. It was fascinating to consider, particularly when the Prince had at least several decades on Takeda and yet seemed to be far more in touch with the modern world.

Clearly, their Gate's were not the same, even if the path beneath their feet was the very same road to hell. Thankfully, however, the question had finally been asked and now was the time for the offer to be made.

With deliberate motions, Takeda rose from her seat and went down on one knee before the Prince's desk, her hands unwrapping the pink and crimson silk to reveal the jet black shine of two lacquered scabbards, the intricate metalwork of two tsuba, and two expertly braided hilts. Takeda let the silk fall upon the rich grain of the Prince's desk, and then set the swords there before her. However, as the Prince gazed at the Katana and Wakizashi, she noticed that there were small braided loops of human hair that were wound around the hilts of each sword, so that the hair would have to be broken in order for the blade to be bared.

"What you see before you is the truth of my soul," the bushi declared solemnly, pausing momentarily to let her statement sink in. Were the gulf of years between them even greater, she might have simply left her explanation at that, but given their conversation up to this point, Takeda decided that she must continue to explain.

"For centuries, my family carried on my Clan's teachings in the arts of war. I was raised with a sword in my hands, and I was embraced after I finally used it. In the decade since, I have offered my blade to the Invictus. Of course, at times, the blade is simply a metaphor for my service itself. However you direct, I will follow, assuming you would deign to accept my service."

12. Likes , Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cautious eyes watch the Haunt kneel and then expose what she assumes were two swords.

The hair was what intrigued her the most at that point. Had these swords not been exposed?

She waits to ask her questions as Takeda began to speak.

The truth of her soul?

Ah. So it was a cultural thing, something she had been born into.

Fascinating!

“I must confess to knowing little of your culture, something I would like to remedy."
    She begins.
    “I cannot speak for the Invictus, as you would have to speak to Judex Twist on that matter. But speaking for the Domain, it would be an honor to have a warrior such as yourself defending it.” Something in the back of her head told her this Haunt was deadly with those swords in her hands. And she was not to be taken lightly.

“You strike me not only as a formidable foe, but someone who is also intelligent and not quick to react with violence.” Thus far, every time she had seen her in Court, and even now, each move seemed calculated carefully.

“So tell me, at what capacity do you see yourself serving the Domain?” Ale was already forming an idea. Could she serve as Reeve? Thus far she seemed more than capable of stepping up.

14. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"I am honored by your words," Takeda replied automatically, rising to bow before once more taking her seat. Nevertheless, the ingrained formality also bought her a few moments to think. She had thought that she had made her position quite clear as to how she intended to serve the Domain, though the Prince did make it quite clear that there was a cultural divide that would have to be bridged between them. And yet, they were both of the same covenant. Common ground for them both to tread.

"Your Majesty, as we are both members of the First Estate, we realize that what keeps us from falling to mindless bloodlust is the way in which we order and structure our society, remembering the august examples of our Elders and the times that have come before. Within that structure, we all have our certain place, just as these blades here have their one purpose. My place is like that of these blades, though while their purpose is to take life, mine is to remove obstacles. At times, that will require the use of these blades, and at times it will require other strategies. It is the recognition of this that has ensured that, no matter how great my anger might grow, I will not act improperly. There is a time and a place for everything, and it is this, as much as strength of arms, that makes me capable."

16. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens with obvious interest as the Haunt speaks, nodding her head when appropriate.

This was a well-spoken Kindred, Ale thinks.

“I must say, you are extremely well-spoken.”
    Begins the Italian, “The times you speak of, leads me to believe you might be well suited for the role of Reeve. As someone who has held the office, I can say that what you speak of, fits the position. Being able to resolve problems with your blades if necessary, or by simply striking an appropriate deal. I’ve seen both and experience both while in that office and have been looking for someone who could fill the position but not simply be heavy handed. It sounds like you are able to distinguish between when force is needed, or words.” Something not every Kindred could do.

“Would that be a position you could see yourself stepping into?” she asks, curious as to how she would answer. “But I want you to be aware that these are not quite times within the Domain. We have not fully eradicated the Brood, and there have recently been talk of Hunters.” Best let her know what she would be signing up for. “Also, I ‘m not going to be a Prince to sit idly behind and desk and not help. I fully intend to continue fighting the Brood face to face. I intend to see this fight to its end. Is this something you can accept?”

18. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

The position of Reeve?

Takeda couldn't hide her surprise, her dark eyes widening as if Alessandra had just confessed to sympathizing with the Carthians. Though, as the shock began to fade, she realized that, perhaps, this wasn't such a strange over. The Domain of Sacramento was severely depopulated, at least when it came to those ready and able to assist the Praxis. In essence, the Prince needed her just as badly as she needed the offer from the Prince. And, though Takeda felt unprepared to accept such an elevated appointment so soon, the protestation that she knew nothing of investigation sitting heavily upon the tip of her tongue, she came to another revelation. If she became the Reeve, the amount of political sway she would hold would be enormous. If she was required to investigate, how could the Spider turn down her request? Or perhaps even the Giant. Using the resources at her disposal was yet one more skill of the warrior, one more facet of strategy and proper action.

Finally, Takeda nodded.

"This is something that I can readily accept, your Majesty. When I was still living, the greatest hero of my clan, The Tiger of Kai, was famed not just for his just laws and his masterful strategy, but also for his willingness to duel and fight upon the field of battle. It would be indescribable to fight beside you, and to act as your Reeve: Swift as the Wind, Silent as the Forest, Fierce as Fire and Immovable as the Mountain."

20. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread