(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The Giant had truly peaked Taft's interests. And opened doors. While a jab about 'my place or yours' might have been amusing, Taft doesn't really have a safe space of his own. A motel room would serve their needs well enough. While it may be completely outside the Shadow's agenda, no one is going to interrupt a giant of a man meeting another man in a motel room. The imaginations of anyone who would see them enter would be enough to keep them away. Terribly amusing, that.

The real reason for meeting Kreig is much more interesting. In the Shadow's eyes, at any rate. A veritable pandora's box had been opened at that religious gathering, and Taft has as many questions as he does answers.

As such, Taft waits at the small round table the rooms come equipped with. The television is on and playing a show about police chases at moderate volume. He patiently - or impatiently - drums his fingers on the table and stares at the nothing occupying the other empty chair. The stage is set and the web has been spun. All that remains is for the massive man to crash into it - and stimulate Taft's endless curiosity.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

2. Likes liked this post
    K
    Krieg

Kine were creatures of pattern. Krieg had learned to see idiots eager to point out how tall he was. He cast a glare at the fool trying to come up to him.

Arriving at Taft's room, he entered. "Good evening," he greeted the Mekhet. With the door closed behind him, "How have you been, Lawrence?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Good evening to you, Krieg. Come, sit." He gestures towards the empty chair across from him. "You remember our talks at that... religious gathering? About the ways in which truths are preserved?" Taft shows no reservations for his enthusiasm. A muted grin appears on his face.

"And, of course, you mentioned your gods. Perhaps we can exchange ideas. Truths. I will expound on the depths of things that no paper - or tablet - is worthy to contain. And you?"
    He steeples his fingers, bringing them close to his lips. ​"Can tell me more about your Circle."

K
    Krieg

"Of course I do," the large man took a seat upon the chair. The furniture creaked under his immense weight. "I would be happy to speak of the Circle. As the saying goes, "I am an open book." He chuckled at his own pun. "Would you like to speak first, or do you have questions you would like answered?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The Spider smiles wryly. "All the better, then. I can learn of the Circle from you and apply what I..." he trails slightly, with a head tilt. "...wish to share accordingly. My curiosity for your practices and mentions of gods serves a purpose, you see. I don't know any legends or tales that ring true with what I have seen. Or experienced." He brings his hands together with a singular clap. "So please. Begin."

K
    Krieg

"You are asking the right Acolyte," Krieg smiled in return. "I am what is known as Skald - a traveling storyteller and scholar. In more modern nights, the role is referred to as a bard. Although, do not expect me to sing and dance for entertainment."

"The Goddess has countless incarnations and avatars across countless cultures and mythologies. As such, there are countless different beliefs."
    The Haunt raised a black leather glove, "Except there are common themes. A Goddess is central to the story. Across her youth, motherhood and old age, she is there," three fingers counted off each incarnation, "The Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone."

"As a matriarchal structure, women are peers and leaders. This may surprise you, men are still equals. Both have roles to fulfill. Although, you and I both know that men have enjoyed millennia of being in control at women's expense."

Krieg set his hand back to his lap. "Our most widely known aspect is that of Crúac. Blood sorcery is a potent tool, and the Goddess always takes her tithe, whether or not one is successful with the ritual."

Dark eyes shifted in memory, "Each grouping has its own terminology for its organization. I came from a "Grove" in Eastern Europe. I have met others who refer to their congregation: Circles, Cults, Gatherings, Churches, Sanctuaries. The list goes on and on. She does not care about the wording. As long as one's actions are for Her greater glory."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft nods appreciatively. Now is not the time for modesty, and he enjoys the enthusiasm the Acolyte displays. Of course, he can't help but quip at the bardic reference. "Pity." he smiles wryly, but remains otherwise silent as Krieg spills the proverbial beans.

2 successes to know basic stuff about the Circle
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-18 11:20:09 Lawrence Taft rolls 7 to Int + Occult to recognize information (10 Again) 3, 4, 5, 4, 5, 9, 10, 4 2 successes

Several points are committed to memory - the most obvious of which being the reason for the Covenant's name. Not a big secret to him, but what Krieg chooses to emphasize speaks volumes on what he places value in. To mention the Goddess with some reverence implies that she's more than just a vehicle for blood ritual.

Which leads to the next, obvious tibit: Crúac. Taft hasn't lived as long as he has without hearing its mention. But the applications for it are what interest him. Less so the consequences. Dark tithes be damned.

Seeing a pause, the Spider pounces on it. "Your powers, then... this Crúac. They require a level of devotion to the Goddess to utilize? There are no would-be freeloaders practicing the art without paying their respects?" He somehow doubts that. But better to hear it from Krieg's own lips.

"I practice a blood sorcery of my own, you see. And while I ascribe to a certain philosophy regarding it's purpose, I make no sacrifices in the name of any deity. How do you imagine your Goddess views the other powers in the world? Threats? Blasphemies? Or does she simply not care?"

K
    Krieg

"Consider this a free lesson in wisdom," he forewarned the Mekhet, "Do not take a bite of the apple then offer it to the Goddess." The Haunt regarded the Shadow in silence for a few passing moments.

"Are there free-loaders? Yes. They exist. They exist as a Covenant. You may know them as the Lancea Sanctum." He casually bashed the Spears without an ounce of concern. "They stole the knowledge of Crúac and perverted it into their Theban Sorcery. Just because their so-called God blessed them, does not make them any less of being sanctimonious charlatans." Krieg laughed, mockingly. "Then they stamp out any evidence of this legendary crime. You can thank the Abrahamic religions for eliminating choice of one's belief."

Lawrence's question does not appear to unease Krieg. "I would say it depends entirely on to what Higher Power you are calling to. It may be Him or Her or something else entirely. I know with my Goddess, I am in safe hands." It was a statement so matter-of-fact in tone, the Acolyte could be declaring that water is wet, and Kine are food.

"Do you know who your benefactor is?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft lets out a single huff which could pass for a laugh, but he nods. "I'll keep that in mind."

The fact that there is no love lost between Krieg and the Lance is an interesting tidbit. A potential angle to exploit, for certain. He can only wonder if others in the Circle share the same disdain.

"I would claim none. The closest thing to a deity I've known is my own sire. She was greatness, power, wisdom. But the kinship we shared would hardly constitute worship. This is not to say that I don't have a certain drive. Important decisions and events shape the world around us every day. In the shadows as much as the public. I simply wish to witness these changes. Influence them, if I can. It gives me satisfaction."

K
    Krieg

The Giant stroked his beard, listening to Taft's motivations. "Are you so certain of this?" He continued rubbing his chin. "Have you considered the possibility that your Sire has a connection you are unaware of?" A large hand pressed upon his chest, "I say this only as one practitioner of an art, to another, you may want to dig deeper to understand how that information arrives."

"I know from my experiences, the Mekhet among the Crone have been among the best augurs."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread