Ended
Watch

The Savage Duchess and the Zealous Haunt

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    K
    Krieg

Down within the Court, Her Grace, Alessandra Antinori requested his presence. It had become routine to duck his head where the hallway ceilings did not accommodate his size. Still dressed in what was becoming his signature attire, black overcoat, pants, shirt and boots. He'd find a tailor, or perhaps end up sewing his own.

Patiently, the tall, cold bodied Nosferatu stood in the empty lobby awaiting Her Grace.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Prince she didn’t have to dress up, did she? This was still new territory, and she figured no one was going to say either way.

So she went with comfort. It’s her right as Prince, right?

Someday she’ll have this all figured out. Maybe.

First order of business? Meet the new faces that had been showing up a Court. It was important to her to know who was residing within the Domain. Who would be problem and who would be useful.

She reached out to the giant Haunt because he had shown the most interest so far. And she much preferred easy talks to difficult ones.

Exiting her office, she walks down the hall towards the lobby. The heels of her shoes, and probably her Beast, announcing her presence. A simple white dress was worn this night.

This one didn’t have a noticeable Beast, which was a welcome change. He was just huge.

His zealous presence a unique one, not one she’d come across in a while. But, he seemed nice enough.

A disarming smile appears when she gets near,

“Good evening Krieg, thank you for meeting with me.” Greets the Savage. “I hope the nights have found you well.” Her heels might give her some height, but it wasn’t enough to match this guys.

“Did you want to sit?”
    gesturing to the couches and chairs.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

K
    Krieg

Despite his mental preparation, the instinctive response was to flee. Alessandra's Blood was stronger than his. She was Prince. The true, apex predator. His black leather gloves crinkled in audible response.

Her smile assisted returning his senses to normal. His panic subsided a moment later. "Good evening, Your Grace." he bowed at the waist. His eyes wandered, briefly. He might be dead, but, the echo of life still hung around. Rising up again, he commented. "That is a marvelous collection of artwork."

"I am well, thank you for asking. I hope that your nights continue to be prosperous."

His bald head nodded in acceptance, "Of course, thank you."

Following the Duchess to the seating area, he sat down upon the couch.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The whole bowing thing was still weird to her. Would she ever get used to it?

Grazie.”
    Replies the Savage at the compliment of her tattoos. “I remembered you mentioned wanting to ask about them, so figured a dress made it easier.” She enjoyed showing off the numerous tattoos that marked her body. Though some would probably never been seen by most Kindred.

She nods and settles on one of the couches, feet crossed at her ankles. Some habits taught by her mother would never change.

“So I don’t know much about you, and I’m naturally a curious person about those around me.” Another smile, “Would you mind telling me more about yourself?” her tone showed genuine interest.

K
    Krieg

"I am grateful to view such a privileged showcase."

The giant's feet planted before him. His eyes focused upon hers. "I would be happy to, Your Grace."

"I come across the Atlantic in the aftermath of World War II. My port of call was New Orleans. The Big Easy was enjoyable for many, many years. I'd venture out to enjoy other Domains, yet I returned to "N'awlens" in the end."

"I find the allure of waterways to be so enjoyable. It's remarkably soothing to sit and enjoy the tide at night, washing over oneself."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

For a Haunt and a giant, he was quite polite.

Alice would have like him, she thinks with a heavy heart.

Eyes widen with pleasant surprise, “Across the Atlantic you say. It’s quite the trek, where you visiting, or are you from somewhere over there?” she didn’t detect an accent, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have one. It could have been a slight one.

“Ah, New Orleans! I stopped by there in my travels. The history in the city was amazing, so rich and fascinating.” Despite being a Savage, she enjoyed history. Though not a buff by any stretch, it was still interesting to her.

Rivers. Not something you usually hear about.

“Well, Sacramento has a few, but I’m sure they don’t compare with those around the world. Have you visited them yet?” she asked, “I went on an evening cruise on the Sacramento River last New Years that was quite remarkable. It’s interesting to see the city from the river, lights aglow.” Plus there was that guy, he was fun.

“I always found the lulling sound of a fountain calming. We have quite a few back home, and I often found myself there in the evenings.”

K
    Krieg

Krieg smiles once more. "Bukovina, is where my Embrace occurred. I have learned to suppress the accent." He paused in remembrance of the time. Speaking with a very different accent, "The Hapsburg Monarchy was in power...I believe that was Austria-Hungarian Empire....Romania hadn't yet seized control...Bukovina was some political no-man's land quagmire. Just a pawn on the grand chessboard."

He shrugged. The accent faded. "Central Europe will forever be trapped re-drawing their maps."

The Haunt nodded in agreement on New Orleans. "Very rich and diverse culture. The people are friendly, welcoming, and pleasant. I made a novice mistake of feeding during Fat Tuesday. Not that it was a Breach, far from it. "

He chuckled. "The Kine I had selected...well...if I were alive, and had consumed as much as he did, I assure you, I would have died of alcohol poisoning. This man's liver was made of cast iron. I was a giggling drunk. Oh, such a silly, fabulous night it was. It's almost a rite of passage within the Circle down there."

"The reason I enjoy the rivers, is because in Bukovina, my Grove was settled outside the city of Sadagura. It is along the Ceremuș River. Many nights were spent by the waterside. We could dance, pray, and celebrate under the stars. All without being bothered." His eyes sparkled with the memory of home.

"Of course, the occasional nosy-body would wander along trying tell us "damn kids to get away from here! You'll scare away the fish!" Krieg shook his fist in mock anger. "Fishermen are such proud folk."

His brows raised up, "A cruise?" A delighted tone, "Oh, I have not been on a cruise since the early 2000's. I'd very much like to go on one again. The city lights are always beautiful to see when not walking amongst them."

Finally, the fountains, "Lovely experience aren't they? We didn't have many in New Orleans, where one could sit down for long. Save for the Temple's own construction. That was quite a work of art."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The addition of the accent brought a brief look of surprise, “It’s a lovely accent.” She enjoyed accents, always had. And being from Italy, she’d heard quite a few during her time there.

Eyes widen as she laughs, “It seems to bring back memories of a different time, when we’re able to do that.” She tried to avoid it, but only because she liked to have her wits about her. “It always amazed me how much alcohol some Kine can ingest and still be walking.” A gentle shake of her head, “I’ve always enjoyed seeing the effects of it, how some giggle a lot, how some seem to become depressed and cry, some fight. Quite amazing how it effects people differently.” Though no one liked a depressed drunk.

“That’s right, you mentioned being of the Circle. And I mentioned I would fill you in as much as I could about the Circle’s history in Sacramento. If you were still curious that is.” Maybe he talked with someone else and was filled in.

Smiling, “It sounds lovely. Did the river serve in any celebrations? I know some religions place great importance on water.”

She laughs at the imitation, “A superstitious lot as well. I’ve met a few in my years and travels. Woman on a boat, the color of the sky, it was quite fascinating to listen to. Some had the most wild stories I had ever heard!”

“I can keep an eye open for the next one and pass the information on to you. It wasn’t anything fancy, but it was quite relaxing. The city seems to take on another life when you watch it in passing.”

Nodding, “They are. My family had some on our property, but I enjoyed the ones in the city more. Aside from the enjoyment of people watching, the history of them intrigued me. The sheer age of some, and how well they are preserved makes the mind wander what they’ve seen. Like us, seen humanity and times change as the years keep coming.” She missed those fountains of home.

K
    Krieg

He nodded in gratitude, "Thank you. I find it easier to adopt the local accent. Kindred and Kine alike can comprehend my speech much better."

"Alcohol is both a gift and a curse. Fat Tuesday demonstrated both."

Upon hearing more of the Circle's local history, he gave an enthusiastic response, "I'd like to know more of Sacramento's past. Thank you ever so much."

"The river was most frequently involved with folk dancing under a new moon. We would occasionally dig tributaries to fill earthen pools for meditation and ceremonial burial given for the Embrace."

He grinned, "Superstitions were part and parcel of how we managed to stay hidden. It was necessary for our sacred rites and revelry."

His eyes shined when the Duchess stated her intent to keep him informed about the cruise. "You are sincerely very kind. Thank you very much."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Chucking, “I find myself in that boat many times. I haven’t been able to shed my accent, it’s still as strong as it was when I first arrived here. Thankfully, Kine and Kindred have been understanding when I butcher some words.” A shrug, “But it has been a great convo starter with Kine.” Also helped her feed easier when she first arrived.

Nodding, “That it is. There are times I find myself in local bars and find my entertainment watching Kine’s personality seeming to change the more they drink. It’s always amazed me how it can seem to make one more open and honest.” Lowered inhibitions she has been told.

Leaning back slightly, “I didn’t have much to do with the Circle until a Haunt, Alice Hart, joined. I’m sure her name will come up many times, she was a remarkable Kindred, and was the Seneschal.” Was that a hint of sadness in the Savages voice? “The Circle’s numbers have always fluctuated in the years I’ve been here. One or two will come, and then it seems they always move on. Not sure why, this Domain has always been welcoming of all the Covenants, and that will not change.” Some Domains ran off other Covenants, this one did not.

“Anyways, my last visit to the Farm, the Circle had, and maybe still has, I’m not completely sure, a Farm on the outskirts of town. That night, a Summer Solstice, there were a few members, opening the ritual to the Domain. It was quite a remarkable ritual, I wish there had been more. The nights celebrations were cut short by an attack, someone lit the Farm on fire, using gasoline. It was later learned it was a Kindred who had gone out on her own, joined with the Brood as it is, and felt it was her right to burn it to the ground. Unfortunately, the Farm is a husk of what it once was. I believe Alice was working on rebuilding it, and I’m not sure how far she got. I had at one point offered to help with the repairs or finding her a new property. But as life goes, we had more pressing matters to attend to. But those offers still stand, should you decide you wish to rebuild the Farm, I’m willing to offer aid. I can provide you the address and you can see it for yourself and make the call on it.” It wasn’t her place to tell him what to do with the Farm. Well, she probably could, being Prince, but there was no need. The Circle had never been a threat and suppressing them would only be counter intuitive. “Archron Twist has been in the Domain the longest at this point, and could provide you with more information going back more years.” She only knew what she observed and what she was told.

Dancing. She liked dancing. Never knew she liked it until a few years ago. But, that was another time.

“I’m sorry, ceremonial burial given for the Embrace? Was this a cultural practice, or something the Circle does?”
    she was truly interested.

Smirking, “Kine do love their superstitions.” Some just blew her mind.

Was she kind? She figured she was simply being friendly, sharing an experience she greatly enjoyed.

“Well, it’s always nice to find shared interests.”

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.