Ended
Watch

No More Cryptic Speech

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Samael

Samael stood before "The Lodge." More appropriately, it was the Circle of Creation. "Magnificent," he marveled at the Gothic architecture. It looked like an exact replica of Westminster Abbey. Such a beautiful edifice, right here in Sacramento. He craned his neck to see the dimensions of the building. One day, one glorious day, the Sleepers shall Awaken to see the City upon the Hill.

Patiently he awaited his fellow Awakened.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(Duration)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Campanella had not been out to the Circle in some time. So he drove a little around the block before walking over to the impressive old building that shone white and pure in the wintry sun.

Just in case he had placed an armouring enchantment around himself. He did not expect to be attacked, but the failures of the last year still weighed heavily on his mind.

He found 'James' taking in the Circle's impressive architecture and joined him, a shy smile forming on his lips.

"It is indeed magnificent," he said by way of introduction. "Welcome."

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-14 03:01:33 Campanella to cast Hard Air rote rolls 10 to Intelligence + Occult + Order Spec + Matter (10 Again) 10, 8, 6, 1, 8, 4, 1, 9, 6, 4, 8 5 successes

Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

On her way to the Circle Aurora stopped to pick up some coffee. Just regular coffee. In a bag she had cream, sugar and cups.

Today she wore a leather skirt that wrapped with a stripped top and a green coat.

Walking into the building, a smile on her face,

“Hey you two,”
    she greets, “I brought coffee if you’re interested.” The coffee held up.

Looking to the new guy, “Glad you were able to find it.”

S
    Samael

"Madison, you are so kind," he reaches for the coffee with both hands. Raising the cup to his nose, he inhaled the wonderful smell. "Thank you so very much." Walking in with the Awakened, the novelty of the Consilium still continued to amaze him. "One day," he said aloud with conviction, "one day, when we break the shackles, and throw the Exarchs down from their thrones, this will be one of many cities upon the hills. Sacred places like this shall stand as testament for all that we have worked for."

To his company, their Unseen Senses were alerted to sorcery before them.

1 success

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-14 16:35:06 Samael rolls 5 to Cast Ward [Gno + Space] (10 Again) 1, 10, 1, 5, 3, 4 1 success

"Now that we a bit more privacy from prying eyes,"
    James turned to Bart and Madison. With a bow, and flourish of his hand, "I am Samael. Mastigos of the Silver Ladder. It is such a delight to speak freely."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella walked by James' - Samael's - side. Naturally, he raised an eyebrow as his senses tingled with the sensation of spell casting but the Moros held his tongue.

Instead he turned briefly to Aurora and raised a hand. "I'll have some coffee."

Back to Samael now that they were in the cool nave of the Circle.

"I am Campanella, Moros of the Mysterium. And Aurora, a Shaman who is... I believe... is still weighing her options." Campanella gestured, schooling his words with diplomacy. Apostate could mean so many things; best not damage those first favourable impressions.

"This was once the beating heart of the Consilium of Sacrament, and the River City Consilium that succeeded it. I am afraid you'll find it rather empty as there are too few of the Pentacle to support a Consilium at this time. Our Enemy has ground us down but I am not so certain their victory has been quite what they hoped."

He managed a smile. Somewhat hard and a tad mirthless. A survivor's smile.

"The Seers sought to obliterate our Consilium from ever having happened. They marshalled a great deal of... resources... to strike at us through history itself. We were not without allies, including I might add, one of the Founders of this Consilium. However we were not able to defeat our Enemy. But neither did they win. Not in the way their Master's would have wanted. I take a certain comfort in that."

The Moros gestured expansively - and indeed, the big cathedral seemed empty with only the three of them. In a final move he indicated the Clock. The Clock, a curious mechanism of magic and matter, clockwork and tessellation's, remained as he remembered it: ground together in a clearly locked pattern, inert and apparently dead. To the uninitiated, it would appear like a bizarre mosaic or Avant Gard tile-work; completely out of place in the cathedral nave.

"Let's find some seats. It will be easier than standing around."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was glad the coffee was a hit.

Smiling, “You’re welcome. I may or may not have a small caffeine problem, so I usually always have coffee.” It had been a while since she had seen someone so taken with the Circle.

Magey senses tingle as the new guy casts, but she doesn’t seem bothered by it. She hadn’t gotten a scary vibe from him.

Coffee was handed to Campy with another smile.

A free hand was raised as Campy introduced them, “Yup, Aurora, that’s me. And I was a Thearch for many years.” Looking to Campy, “My options have been weighed and a decision has been made.” She took her time with it, exploring other options.

She carefully sips her coffee as things were explained to Samuel. Quietly she hopes the new guy wouldn’t be scared off. Though, who could blame him if he was?

Nodding, “We’ve traveled back in time to fight them.” Which was crazy all in itself. “Since our last, uh, trip? The Clock has been silent, not moving.” It sucked, and she hoped they hadn’t royally fucked something up there. “So we’re not sure what’s going on with that.”

Another sip and nod, “Seats are good.”

S
    Samael

"Have no worries," he smiled in response to Aurora. "It's one of the safer addictions."

After learning their Awakened status and affiliation (or lack thereof), he nodded in silent regard. The tale of the Seers' assault - equal parts diabolical and reckless - filled him with pain. How many had been driven away from Sacramento? How many were simply erased, consigned to Oblivion by the Exarchs?

"And now this Clock stands as the reminder of it all..." he said out loud to no one in particular. "A Pyrrhic victory."

Slowly, Samael took another sip of coffee. "I agree, let's get seated." He stepped in line with Campanella and Aurora.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella made for the central part of the nave at first but then changed his mind and went straight for the northern chapel, the simulacrum of the Henry VII chapel with is beautifully intricate fan vaulting, banners and elegantly cushioned seats. Once the space had been designated for the Free Council Assembly, should one have ever come to pass. Clearly, it hadn't. Perhaps that was why the Mystogogue was smiling when he picked a spot: a subtle conquest by the Diamond over the upstart Order of Nameless who had muscled their way into the Pentacle.

"At present we are but one Cabal. Niddhog's Bane," the Moros arranged his coat and his coffee. "You have met Aurora and I. Sand, who walks the Path of the Mighty, rounds out our group. I am afraid you have missed the last of our group - Tuesday who was an Acanthus. She has left recently; I presume on the wishes of her Order. She was a Guardian of the Veil."

He paused for a sip of coffee.

"We focus our attentions on West Sacramento, well away from here. I am sure you have other questions."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

That it was. Though thankfully she had cut back on her nighttime drinking. Sleeping hadn’t been easier, but she had found other ways to focus.

And then the mention of Tuesday leaving.

Blue eyes cloud over.

It still hurt to think about. She had not grown as close to someone as she had the unicorn. It was going to be hard to open herself up again, the pain when someone left was great. And she didn’t like it.

So she seems to ignore the mention of Tuesday, afraid of the emotion she might show.

Settling down, she sips her coffee, eyes following the convo, not really having much to add yet.

“So yeah, questions! Always fun. If you’re looking for history of Sacramento, I’ve been here the longest, but my stay has holes in it as well."
    She leans forward.

S
    Samael

The Mastigos took in his surroundings. Mentally filing away the layout. He'd spend more time investigating the rest of it later.

"Tis unfortunate to lose a cabalmate," he remarks upon Tuesday's departure. "Such is the nature of the Eyes of the Dragon. The first secret service, and still by far the best."

He sipped his coffee once more, savoring the taste. "You simply must tell me where to acquire this ambrosia," he commented to Aurora.

"Speaking of the Cabal, obviously, being new to town, I would be grateful to become a member. Safety in numbers, especially with all that has happened."

"With regards to West Sacramento, what has occurred?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.