Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Budding Thorns) Searching for Billy

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Beneath a less-than-scenic bridge that overlooks river traffic, an even less scenic assortment of graffiti paints the cement holding the bridge in place. There's a formidable amount of trash strewn about and crammed into corners behind columns in what can only be a guilty attempt to hide the mess that frequenters have left behind. The cement slants gradually down to a 3 foot drop-off into the water of the river. It likely isn't a dangerous fall, but there are fewer signs that the drop-off is the most popular place to hang out.

Which makes the slight framed, hooded figure dangling her legs over the side seem even more out of place. There's a half-eaten fast-food sandwich placed next to her, close to the edge. She doesn't seem occupied with it. Whatever has her attention is on the wall of the drop-off she's been using for a seat. She traces her finger over something there and lets out a sigh. Turning to look towards the natural ramp that leads down from the road, the girl pulls down her hood. Her unmistakably large eyes gaze out to catch whoever might come down to join her. Katie has been waiting. Hopefully whoever shows up will prove to be a friend.

2. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid is dressed for the weather rather than an adventure. She has her favoured peaked cap on, perched precariously on the back of her head. She has her boots on, glossy with new polish. Scarf, jacket, jeans. Small leather bag - a satchel really, but not patterned as such, reminiscent of an overly large purse with straps - slung casually across her shoulder and bouncing on her opposite hip. Her jacket is snagged around her large belt.

Don't let that fool you, this Darkling is on a mission.

She walks purposefully to the abandoned and tragic seeming spot, her boots scraping on the frayed concrete. Along the way, Ingrid pauses to lay a hand on the dusty pillars and to sniff at the state of urban neglect, her face an unreadable mask until she spies young Katie perched in place.

Beaming suddenly, the Darkling heads over and drops into a sitting position, boots dangling above the cold lapping water.

"Hey!" An exclamation of quiet joy, greeting and peace. Ingrid wants to reach out and hug the girl but refrains. This is not the time. Instead she continues: "This the place, huh? Kinda nice. Quiet, you know?"

The sounds of the city seem distant, even though they are not. Lack of people - and the remains of times gone - infect the place with a certain melancholy, enhanced as they look out across the river (so close, yet so distant) and the wintry sky above.

Ingrid is carrying a Knife and has her smartphone.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

4. Likes Origins, Travisc06489 liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A blast of dry heat presaged the arrival of the Queen of Summer.

Circe is warmly dressed though she need not be in her opinion. The brown, hooded jacket has its zipper left open to show off a rock and roll T-shirt. Dirty black boots cover her feet while a brown belt secures the jeans hugging her hips. But of all accessories Circe could wear to carry stuff she had a fanny pack.

Circe walks in quietly, unfazed by the decayed landscape. She'd done business in worse. She didn't care for the mood. Sadness wasn't her thing, too mellow.

But Ingrid is there with the kid, um Katty? Kappie? Whatever. Circe leans on her right shoulder against the ramp, in plain view of both Ingrid and the younger Lost she is sitting with. Arms folded, she gave a little wave with her right hand, "Sup? Hiya kiddo. Ya know Ingrid but ya don't know me right? Right, course not. I'm Circe. How ya doin'?" her tone was chipper and friendly.

Circe is packing. Shoulder holster for the Colt, a LED flashlight, light kevlar under her shirt, and a cell phone. Extra ammo is 1 clip for the Colt plus 25 loose rounds.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

A cautious, nervous look gives way to a warm smile. Katie remembers how kind the plum-smelling Darkling had been. She sticks up a hand and waves.

"Nice? If you like trash and stuff." she responds, her nose wrinkling and eyes squinting up into a look of incredulity - made almost cartoon-like by her over-sized brown eyes. This other arrival earns an inquisitive look. She gives Circe a once over.

"Good I guess... I'm Katie." she says. Her head tilts slightly to one side as she appears to be studying something on or near Circe's face. As the girl's hair lolls down to one side, she inadvertently exposes the thin, gill-like slits behind her ears. "You look like an elf or something. But you're pretty." she finally decides, righting her own head again.

After greeting the two, the young girl - 11, 12 maybe - turns back towards the ledge. She stoops down and grabs the rest of the sandwich she'd apparently been eating. She spins back towards the two ladies so quickly that a handful of gravel and sand flies off the edge into the water. Katie almost topples backwards, but rights herself. She holds out the sandwich towards them. "Fish sandwich? They're my new favorite. But I'm kinda full. One of you can have it. Or you can share." The young girl doesn't seem at all concerned with standing to close to the edge. Granted, it wouldn't likely kill her, but she teeters on it playfully like it's nothing.

"Oh!" she says, wide eyes getting wider. "Almost forgot to tell you. This is where our secret hiding spot is." Katie gives Ingrid a wink, then turns to give Circe a stern look. "You can't tell anybody else about it, got it?"

8. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid takes a breath as Katie spins, nervous energy broiling in her gut. When the young Lost secures her footing, the Darkling lets a out a heavy sigh. Face flashing into a nervous grin. "Oh I'll try it. You don't wanna know what I had to eat... a long time ago..."

She gracefully accepts the... Fish sandwich.

"Oh really? Is this it?" Ingrid looks around with interest. "You... eh? You don't have any secret doorways or anything? No sign of your brother, then?"

Ingrid might have frowned had she not been gingerly taking a bite out of the sandwich. Hospitality offered and all that. The Darkling did not want to put off Katie.

10. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cool kid," Circe nods her head, "And," she pauses at the sight of the gills causes her left eyebrow and ear to raise up, "And while I might not do bows I am very glad I got the modern elf looks. But give yer self some time, ya never know. Puberty can be generous." Said elf would have preferred that was how she got her figure. Even a plastic surgeon would've been better then Their makeover method. Cash was better to trade then slavery and insanity for a drop dead gorgeous figure.

Not that she was going to complain about being smoking hot.

The Summer Queen had one hand in a tight fist as she listened in. At the mention of a fish sandwich she had to bite her lower lip. A mantra was going through her mind. She was telling herself to not make any puns with the word fishy. As Ingrid mentioned old food choices the Summer just laughs, "Dumpster dining? I'm pretty sure we've all been there Ingrid."

Circe then gave a little two finger salute to Katie with her right hand, "Promise made kid. I'd tell ya about my old Hollow down south but its probably a smoldering crate by now. Speaking of," she pushed off the concrete wall and walked over to the pair, "I ain't heard a thing about yer bro. Ya got a name and face we should be searchin' for?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

The young girl's face flushes at the mention of puberty, but she gives Circe a slow nod. Then, with another slight tilt of her head, she asks "Modern? I've really only seen one kind of elf. Well, two... if you count Santa's helpers." A hand - with slightly webbed fingers - pops up in front of her mouth and she corrects herself. "Not in real life or anything. Just pictures."

Katie nods approvingly as Ingrid accepts the sandwich. Though Circe's mention of 'dumpster dining' just forces the girl's nose to wrinkle up again.

Katie imitates the salute, prospectively sealing the deal. "Billy. He's 7. Looks kinda like me, but a boy. And shorter." Large brown eyes widen again. "Oh, but he's not changed like I am. He's all sooty. And his eyes are like coals. They're smoldering." She laughs a little as she uses Circe's word.

The fish sandwich tastes pretty standard for fast food. The usual, somewhat dry fish patty and a smear of tartar sauce. As Ingrid chews, Katie adds "I haven't seen him yet but... I'm standing right next to it!" She dangles the toe of one shoe backwards off the ledge. She teeters a little, but grins excitedly. "Our secret spot. Can't get in unless you know the secret."

Katie seems to shift gears very suddenly. She eyes each of the two ladies. "Knock knock." she says, the look on her face begging one of them take the bait.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid eats.

Ingrid turns a stare upon the Summer elf. An offer of food, of hospitality, from one of their kind. Not something you pass up or make light of it. Words and actions have meanings. And meanings can elicit consequences.

The Darkling turns back to Katie. Her eyes - head really, as she tilts down slightly to peer into the lapping water just beneath their feet - flick to the spot the little Lost indicated. She looks up, munching slowly.

"Whose there?"

Ingrid was assuming that this was the Key to a Gate. If it wasn't, well, she'd simply force a way through the Thorns. While she pondered this, a distant voice questioned how much of Katie's story held up: for new Changelings, turned by goblin fruit of all things, they certainly knew how to find a Hollow.

16. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe laughs, "Oh I tell ya, I'd look horrid in those little outfits. Color contrast. Bells'd get annoyin' real fast," she might as well roll with the joke if the kid was doing so. Circe's jovial attitude briefly disappeared, replaced by a look of focus as she listened to Katie's description of Billy. The boy sounded like a few Kiths that the elf knew of by the details. He certainly didn't sound like a Ogre or Fairest.

And then she was back to being the extroverted Summer. Circe giggled at Katie's antics. She was tempted to jest about somethings. The the big bad wolf, fishy puns, or even smoldering but realized the latter wasn't a go until Billy was at least 18. The Queen of Summer resisted the urge to continue her pungeon mastery.

Instead the elf laughs out a, "Yeah, who is there?" as a quick echo behind Ingrid.

It was either the key or a setup for the key to be said. Circe didn't think this kid meant for them to do the Stooges knock on the wall or something like that.

18. Likes Travisc06489, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest Queen arrives at where the ladies all were gathered. A breeze of chilly air nearly clashes with the Summer Queen. Sasha is wearing something breathable and movable in addition to shoes that were easy to freely move about with. Her concern with the children had been growing, and she really wanted to help them since the Dancer felt it her personal duty to take care of children that came across her path.

As she arrived, Sasha immediately apologized. "Hello Circe and Ingrid. Sorry for being late and interrupting. I was looking for something that I thought was necessary." She didn't want to mention what she brought along to Katie, and the Dancer thought she may have been interrupting some vital information so she made her introduction brief.

"Hello again Katie." Crouching down slightly to her eye level.

Sasha has a small backpack with a few bottles of water, rope and a pocket knife which was a little larger than average..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread