Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thank goodness for a change in seasons. Fall offers just enough shelter from the exhausting heat of Summer, while still being warm enough to enjoy a brisk run. The day is still young enough for some warm rays of sunshine to shine down through the color-changing leaves. Quick smiles. He switches on the camera app to his phone and takes a selfie. His face - James' face - is no worse for the wear. A little like that one marathon runner who became a meme just by looking great for an impromptu photo at the finish line. Sure, Quick is cheating; he made sure to get a good angle to compliment his features. But who would be able to tell?

He switches off the camera app and checks the time on his home screen. 3:15. He's early. He'd asked Sasha to meet him in a quiet stretch of park that intertwines with what could pass as a hiking trail. For the more faint of heart, anyway. Not really much in the way of hills, but far enough through some well-worn paths through the trees that it feels like a hike. He hopes she won't be far behind. A cold breeze blows by, and Quick pulls the sleeves of his black sweatshirt down past his knuckles. Opting for a spot on a bench at the apex of this particular curved strip of trail, he sits. Going back to his phone, he looks through some earlier photos.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

-1 Glamour to Harden Mask

S
    Sasha

The Dancer enjoyed going outside and changing up her normal routine. Sasha arrived at the location that Quick had picked out previously. She was in running gear with a skirt that covered to her thighs. Sure, she could flaunt it, but that was more attention that she didn't want and besides, stalkers seemed to be at an all time high lately.

"Hello. Thanks for getting together with me." She said with a large smile in black tennis shoes and no coat over her long-sleeve temperature regulating shirt. If there was anything watching her other than humans, they'd have to try really hard to figure her out as her Mask was up.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Levinquick look up from his phone. There she is. An absolute vision, worthy of representing his their Season. Even in modest clothing, she out-shined him. And that's just the Fairest's Mask. He'd be jealous under different circumstances.

"Oh, uh... thank you. For showing." He gestures for the spot next to him on the bench.

"It's almost our turn. For, you know, hosting. I know I made kind of a scene at Mhairi's thing..."
    He shrugs apologetically. "Maybe not our style? But it was for them - and me. I guess. So what now? How do we pull off our thing? 'Boss'?" He's still relatively new at being a Winter. And while he' sure she's not about to banish him from the Freehold for his inexperience, this would be the first time he's represented a Season. He wants to do it right.

S
    Sasha

Not denying the gesture, Sasha took the seat on the bench next to the Levinquick. "Oh of course. I'd do anything for our Group." Not that there had ever been a dire need for her to be involved in anything that Katrin had needed, but, she would have been ready and willing if that happened.

Just like his Changeling namesake, he was straight to the matter at hand. "Yes, it's my favorite time of year, James. Not just because of the Season, but, because it seems like our Club usually gets along with each other." They also didn't get into squabbles with other Seasons either. The Silent Arrows, and peacemakers so it seemed.

"Generally, there's the quarterly hand-off. I like to keep that brief if at all possible. But, I also like to have a ball. Everyone seems to want everything so casual, but I like to see creativity and dressing up. The past quarter, there wasn't even a Halloween party hosted by that Group. It is the Group president's choice to do so of course. I'm not complaining at all, but, at least it will give more uniqueness to ours."
    She left it a little vague to see if Quick would add his own thoughts or ideas to what was coming.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sasha is offered a brief, satisfied smile as she joins him on the bench.

"Do they?"
    He asks in honest curiosity. Makes sense, maybe. Something about misery loving company?

Her admission gets his gears turning. He frowns, thoughtful. "You know... the thing that drew me most to the group? The secrecy. The Masks. Yeah, for me, it used to just be about privacy. But it means more for our Club, right? Why not... a masquerade?" He blinks a few times, chewing over his thought. "Masks. It would be fun. And, you know, meaningful." Quick's not the deepest well on the hill, but it just feels right. A worthy homage. And it'd be nice to see the Freehold showing some respect for his chosen Season.

"Maybe... twofold?" He screws his mouth up, one side of his face crinkling up. "We know each other pretty well. In the Group. Why not ask people to wear Masks. Both kinds?" He has no idea if this would seem too bold. Not that he cares at this point. The more he digs into the idea the more he seems to like it. But it's not all up to him. Sasha's been here for a lot longer. She might not approve of such an aggressive, literal approach to the secrecy of Winter. Not when it's imposed on the other Seasons.

He gives her a moment to 'yay or nay' his idea before pressing further. There's so much he's needed to ask her about. "So, um... what were the other members of our Club like. The ones that used to live here?"

S
    Sasha

Sasha could understand the need for secrecy for some people. She didn't wear her heart on her sleeve either and wasn't fond of sharing her emotions with the masses. "I understand, I really do. " It seemed right as she opened up to friends, they would vanish. Particularly men as of late for it seemed she was forbidden to fall in love again. It was that time of year she really wanted to strike it up with someone again, just to let her hair down.

"The meaning behind it is a left to interpretation. You know that Code I mentioned before?" Tilting her head sideways a few moments, letting him trail back in his memories. "Well, I think part of the masquerade is to show that we all wear masks from time to time. More so our Group. That Code many take to heart so deeply that they perfect it. Sometimes it reminds me of the older mom's who bring their kids to class and are pumped full of Botox and can't let their emotions show. Although, I'm certain they do it to attempt to impress the male instructors." Shaking her head with a roll of the eyes.

The Dancer's brows furrowed slightly. With a hesitant voice she added. "It takes me a very long time to get close to people." For some, they may snap quick and say the other didn't know them at all. But, she didn't want to stop Quick from trying. "But I am more comfortable with like-minded people." She winked a violet eye as to say, Winter's without any words.

Taking in a long breath to stir up memories, she looked out toward the park for a few moments. "Well, there were a couple of guys who didn't speak much. But, they were two peas in a pod. They were very like-minded, didn't go against the grain. But that was long ago." She chuckled. "And then there was Malcolm. A tall mountainous looking man and though he was mild mannered, no one dare mess with him." A soft smile came to her face. "And Daniel. So sweet and eager to do whatever was needed for the Group."

A very long pause as she thought back to her favorite ball. "One of our Group's masquerades, Harvey attempted to trick me. The details I'm sure you can ask later, or let's just say his mask was very convincing. We were close without speaking, if that makes sense. I feel like he was always looking out for me in some fashion."

"And then there was Katrin. The previous Leader of our Group. She was so beautiful it was scary. I don't ever recall her being emotional. But that woman could throw some shade if she wanted to. A couple times, her patience was tried... it was not a pretty sight." Sasha's eyes were wide as she shook her head. Some people were just so stupid.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Never understood all that." he says, imagining how many sad-sacks he'd seen growing up. All the older women not pretty enough to get attention naturally. He shakes his head. But then, women aren't really his thing. Maybe straight guys go for that 'trying-too-hard' look.

"So Masquerades have been done before?"
    The Levinquick practically pouts. So much for being original. "Now I just feel boring."

There were more of them than the Elemental had imagined. Maybe the Freehold used to be bigger in the past? Silent types, intimidating mountain men, and emotionless beauties? It's all so interesting. Quick stops himself just short of asking if this Daniel was cute. Wouldn't matter much now. He settles, instead, for "Glad this Harvey guy cared enough. Honestly don't think I could live up." He rubs the back of his neck abashedly "I mean... most of my time I spend with others. The ones who chose a different path, you know? Only people I've pent less time with than you are Thomas and Mhairi." And for good reason. Just... not one he's comfortable admitting.

"All I mean is I hope I'm not letting you down. This is your thing. I'm just a convert."
    He smiles a sad smile, self-deprecation oozing through his words.

S
    Sasha

Sasha shook her head and waved her hands in the air. "I think the only one who may have been here the last time we had a Masquerade would be Mhairi, but I don't think she was here then. So honestly, it would be something different. Not to mention, the first time it's been done in a while." She remembered a formal that the Fairest and Green threw together, but nothing like a Masked ball.

Maybe the Dancer let on that she may have missed them more than she really did. Some she did, others were just memorable. "I don't have any expectations, so I wouldn't worry too much about 'living up' to anyone. Really. Just be you. We'll figure this all out together."

"It's not just my thing, you see. People in our Groups still need others, even if you may think they're the loner types. They still need reassurance that there is someone out there that may understand them if they're needed. Even me."

Turning to him to connect with the Elemental a bit more. "Of course, I'm not forcing you, or anyone to share anything. But sometimes it's lovely to be around people with like minds and an understanding of what Things have done to them and how it got absorbed."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

He does his best to summon a smile. Maybe she's right. Though, really... nobody's ideas are original anymore. It's all in the execution. "Cool. Well, let's go for it then. Be interesting to see what masks our friends bring."

"Still figuring out what 'being me' is. Here, anyway."
    he says, frowning thoughtfully. "But thanks. Little weight off my shoulders." She's probably right about the rest, too. Maybe he's just too worked up about it. Yeah, that's probably right: he just needs to let things happen.

"I guess." he replies, taking a moment to appreciate her spin. It does have a nice ring to it. You know, the whole 'someone to rely on' thing. And, yeah, he's certainly done a lot of soul-searching and whatnot since he'd arrived in Sacramento. Some of the more profound - if you can ascribe such a thing to a guy like him - revelations of what he really wants and needs. He licks his lips, then tries to meet her suggestion with something personal. Deep. Ish. "Like how my... 'experience' brought me here. This whole wonderful accident that lands me in the middle of a group that accepts me? Actually wants to know me. And how all that's made me want to change. For the better."

He nods. More to himself than her, but his attention is still glued to the Winter Sovereign. He wants things to work. Needs them to. "Maybe that's what we can offer. At our... next get-together. The chance to unload. A time to reflect. Share our Sorrows. And even our joy." He smiles, eyes lighting up a little again. "Nothing says family like sharing real, solid feelings, right? Somewhere where you can escape the cold."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread