Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Due Dates

THREADID
    K
    Khysmet

The tome had been vexing Khysmet since the day he got it. Not only did it not make any sense, in any logical way, but it was also what drew far too much attention from the Seers. He would be glad when he was able to find a place to store it away. And Campanella did say that there was an Atheneum in the place, the Circle. Wouldn't hurt to see about finding it, as a Mystagogue anyway.

The Circle wasn't too far from his place and so he walked through the streets and up the steps, admiring the classic old world feel of the building. Stepping into the Nave he looked around, hoping that he might be able to find Campanella or a sign that said "Mysterium this way." There was no sign however, and a quick glance showed him the large empty room was just that, empty.

Khysmet stepped through a door and found a courtyard, protected from the elements by the walls of the Circle and lush with growing things. He smiled at the green and took a deep breathe. 'Maybe I should have called ahead. Maybe my luck hasn't been there since I got a hold of the tome.'

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella stirred when a voice roused him from his silent meditations.

The Moros was sitting in a shadowed corner of the cloister, where the darkness was most comforting and the contrast with the well lit courtyard most exquisite. The light was almost white, rendering the greenery outside so much more vivid and full of life; he was of course in shadow and surrounded by tooled stone. An apt reminder of Stygia and a perfect lesson upon which to focus his attentions.

"What tome would that be?" Campanella spoke quietly but with a firmness that carried around the cloister.

Emitting a small sigh, he rose from his seat and brushed off his trousers and dress jacket. He moved, shoes clicking on the stone floor, hands held gently to the front and in a restful position.

"Something for the Athenaeum? I made space available over in the Chapter House at the northern end of these cloisters."

He gestured like airline hostess, though from their position they could not see it for the turn of the cloister alone the north wall.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

K
    Khysmet

Khysmet looks around frantically left and right before his eyes settle on Campanella as he stands up.

"Just a tome I was able to rescue from one of the old DC Athenaeums, something we probably should research and learn from." He steps over to the other Mystagogue and looks in the direction pointed to before stepping that way.

"You said you were from DC as well, didn't you? Things are still pretty bad back there, though things seem a lot worse here, the Seers there didn't try to rewrite the Pattern, at least they hadn't before I made my escape."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Yes. I am from D.C." Campanella confirmed as he slowly approached. He raised an eyebrow.

"You say you have a tome? Rescued from an old Athenaeum? What type of tome are you talking of? A proper Grimoire or a book of lore?" The Moros moved quickly to the point, bracketing his interest in Khysmet to one side for the moment, interest evident in his voice.

"Is it something you prefer to care for yourself or would you wish to put it in our Athenaeum?" The Athenaeum would finally be worth the the name if the Acanthus agreed.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.