Ended
Watch

A Walk in the Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Cadence Behr

It was chilly out, as far as Cadence could tell. She had checked her weather app before getting dressed to make sure she wasn't too out of place with the temperature. She had on a pair of black jeans, combat boots and a thick yellow and gray flannel. She was feeling pensive as she made her way into Capitol Park. The phone call with Cynthia had been ... awkward, to say the least. Under other circumstances, she might've dropped out of the whole thing. But she was still strangely infatuated with the Haunt. The smell would probably take some getting used to but Cadence hardly needed to breathe, right?

Shaking her head to loosen her tangled thoughts, the Daeva inhaled deeply through her nose. Suppose she's not here yet. That scent is hard to miss ...

Coming across a park bench, she took a seat and waited.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

After what seemed like a minute of sitting alone on the bench, Cynthia was suddenly there. She was casually leaning against the back of the park bench. Tonight she was wearing what she typically did: Studded boots, black jeans and a leather jacket. There was also the appearance of a purple deathhawk rising from her head.

"Hi." The goth said. The air was already starting to get polluted with the pungent smell of chemicals again "How are you fitting in so far?"

C
    Cadence Behr

"Holy fuck!"

Okay, that was embarrassing. Cadence nearly fell off the bench when the Haunt appeared seemingly out of thin air. She felt her jaw tense up. God dammit sneaky bullshit did you do that on purpose to fuck with me I swear to god ...

She spends several seconds swearing profusely in her head, trying her best to keep from snapping at Cynthia. When she's finally calmed down, she realizes she had gotten up and started pacing. Her Beast wanted to tear the Goth apart. SHE wanted to. But finally, she just laughed.

"That's. A neat trick. Good to. See. You." The Anarchist says through gritted teeth. "Maybe don't, uh, do that? Again? If you don't mind."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia stared as her blankly. "Huh, I kinda assumed you were use to having The Cloak pulled in front of you." The artist said. Her blood was thick enough to tell her that. Then again it would not be the first time the strength of ones beast would have thrown her assumptions off. None the less the goth girl relented. "OK, fine. Won't do it again." She added a faux hurt looking expression at the end.

She relaxed a bit on the bench and stretched her arms. "So. Other than that. How are you? Fitting in or did my little stunt give you second thoughts?" Cynthia asked again.

C
    Cadence Behr

Cadence's anger slowly eroded and white hot embarrassment took its place. Of course she was accustomed to the sneakier tricks of their kind ... It was nerves, probably, that made her react so strongly. Or perhaps she never really got used to people materializing out of thin air. Who can say?

The Haunt gave her a faux pained look that would've made Cadence blush. She smiles warmly at the Nomad even as the acrid scent surrounds them. Well it just wouldn't be a crush if I didn't act like a moron, huh? Gesturing to herself and exaggerating shock, she finally say, "You certainly do know how to surprise a lady! You're lucky my deadly ninja instincts didn't kick! I could've killed you." She winks, praying to whatever gods there are that this was effective flirting.

Taking a seat next to Cynthia (but not too close! Trying to play it cool ...), the Anarchist let out a long, unnatural sigh. "Thanks for coming out. I'm not sure how I'm fitting in. It's a small town, as far as I can tell. I still feel kinda like the new kid looking for a lunch table to sit at. Doesn't help that I'm the lone Carthian."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I guess I'm very lucky I did not suffer your wrath." Cynthia said with a small smirk. She did not know what to make of Cadance just yet, but saw little point in antagonising her any further.

The goth listened to the animated Carthian speak. "I only just got here a few months ago and I'm still trying to get settled. Its something that's gonna take time." She replied with a shrug. "Besides, with what I've heard I would not be surprised if more Carthians show up in the city." She was not sure how well that would reassure her. Especially with the ever shifting smells around her. "I don't run around claiming membership in any of the big five so I'm kinda use to being the odd one out by this point."

C
    Cadence Behr

"More Carthians, eh? I hadn't really considered that." She doesn't sound very excited by the possibility, though she tries to hide the uncertainty in her voice. "More Carthians can often mean more trouble. I'd be wary of any newcomers causing problems and becoming guilty by association." The Anarchist seems to be speaking from experience. She shifts uncomfortably, and attempts to use the shifting to disguise scooting a little bit closer to the Nomad.

"Unaligned, huh? Am I supposed to give you the Carthian pitch now? Power to the people and all that, join the cause, make a difference, so on ..."
    The words ring hollow as Cadence smiles and stares off into the distance, lost in thought for a moment. Coming back to reality, she adds, "But I imagine you have had enough of pitches, eh? Or you wouldn't be a free agent. I suppose we have that in common, feeling like the odd one out. Perhaps we can look out for each other?" Oh god I hope I'm not being too forward. She bites her lip and avoids eye contact with the Haunt, unsure how she'll respond.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia looked more than a little puzzled by Cadences reaction. "That a... Very unique way of looking at your own covenant." She said. The artist had always assumed Carthians liked the idea of the movement gaining more members.

"I'll admit I'm a little surprised you didn't start breaking out the pamphlets about political revolution the moment I showed." It sounded almost like a joke on the haunts part. Almost. "I've been Covenant free for... Nearly 30 years now? More or less I think." She though about it for a moment before shrugging, discarding that fact as unimportant for now. She tllted her head to the side at her question. The goth hesitated. "I suppose I could watch your back. You do seem a little out of sorts"

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Cadence Behr

"I'm embarrassed to admit that I feel very aimless since I've gotten here. It'd be nice to build a relationship with someone." She paused, her hair standing up on end. Did I just say relatonship? Oh jesus christ I just said relationship.

The Anarchist adds quickly, "It's good to have folks to look out for you. That's the one Carthian pitch I'll throw you. Don't gotta be Carthian for it to apply. You need a hand, you got my number. That cool?" She waits for a reply and then stands up, stretches.

Gesturing to the park around her, the Daeva grins, "Still down for a walk in the park?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia stared right at here again. "Yeah.. That sounds great." The artist managed to get out as her eyebrow steady climbed upwards. She really had no idea how to react to her. Some part of her was wondering if the Daeva was plotting something. The sudden movement from Cadence made her slide slightly away from her.

She paused for a moment before shrugging. "I guess we could." Cynthia stood up, hands in her pockets. The cold touch of metal was against her fingers. Good thing she brought those knuckledusters just in case. ​"You could stand to burn off some of that excess energy."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.