Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

On The Same Path

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    O
    Oculus

It is a well-known fact that the members of the Foxes Den are busy people. Take Tuesday, for example - it's still morning and she's off on some business outside the theatre (or so it might appear from the fact that the quicksilver mage is nowhere to be found). It is no different with Faye - it took some time for Oculus to make an appointment scheduled for today, but alas, he's succeeded!

The only thing to do now is wait in the dining area, guarding the two cups of strong coffee he's made - one for himself and one for the other Shaman, whose appreciation for caffeinated drinks was well-known. The young mystagogue eyes his surroundings nervously What if she was just being polite and forgot about it?

No point in dwelling on it now. Worst-case scenario: he'll make a fool of himself. Wouldn't be the first time.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Oculus wanted to meet up, Faye was on board with that. Truth be told, she didn’t really know the guy. And it’d would be nice to sit and talk with him.

So she came bouncing out of her room heading for the dining area. Her nose picking up on the familiar smell of coffee. Which moved her along a little quicker. She’d been working on a new routine with her new fans, not with fire of course. Cause inside. So she was dressed in yoga pants with a loose fitting white t-shirt, her hair up and sneakers on her feet.

“Is that coffee I smell?” she asks with a grin as she walks in. “Cause if so, then I have a feeling this is going to be a great talk!” coffee, or caffeine in general, was the path to the Shamans good side. Not that Oculus was on her bad side or anything.

“How’ve you been?” she asks.

O
    Oculus

"It is" 'Coffee' he means "And I hope so" Her grin is returned "I didn't know what you like, so I left it black, but if you want cream or sugar I brought them out, too" He points to the two ingredients left at the side of the table.

So far, so good.

"Me? I, uh..." He looks a bit confused, as if he didn't expect that casual question to be asked "...I've been thinking. About what Tuesday had said the other evening. At this fancy restaurant Campanella took us all to?" It was some time ago and it was hardly the focal point of their talks, so a bit of context might help "You know, about me contributing? I think she had a point. So I put aside some resources, enough to either renovate some of the rooms or make us sleep a little more soundly and change the locks, maybe put some spycams outside... Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is I can't decide. I'll do whatever you think'll be more useful"

Finally, the floodates close and Oculus stops talking. He gives Faye all the time she wants to respond.

"What about you? Are you working on a new act?" He quickly decides to add something in the face of how obvious the answer is "Must leave very little time for other things"

It never occured to him how lame it sounded.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The grin widened, “Perfect!” she exclaims picking up the cup and gently blowing on it. “And sometimes I add cream, one of those things where it depends on how I’m feeling. So thank you, needed this.” A sip was carefully taken as she sits.

Blue eyes study him over the cup as she listens. And she had to admit, she wasn’t expecting to hear what she heard. “That’s great! We could defiantly use the help.” Head nod. “And, uh,” she wasn’t completely sure to be honest. “I don’t think security has ever really been an issue, at least not that Tuesday has mentioned to me. I mean, not in issue that would require security cameras. So in my opinion,” her opinion, “I think renovating some of the rooms would be a huge help. That way we can open more of the theater, you know, in case we get more Foxes.” Smile. “But that’s what I think. Also, helping with the Hollow would be good as well, if you can. We have to keep ourselves full and ready to go.” Never know what would pop up. “But I’m glad you’re able to contribute.” Her tone grateful.

“Me?” another sip was taken, “Actually I am.” Big smile. “Got some new fire fans so I’m working on a routine to use them.” There was a soft laugh then, “Yeah, there really isn’t as much free time as I would like. Take a couple days off and my body feels it when I train again. Getting old is a bitch.” She didn’t bounce back like she used to. “Tuesday mentioned I could use some Life to help with my routine, but, eh, not sure about it.” Still seemed weird to her, having never relied on magic before.

“Found any interesting things to investigate?”

O
    Oculus

An exclamation. Mental note: black most of the time. This was going well indeed.

Oculus listens to the other Shaman's answer at least as closely as she was listening to him a moment ago "So, room-renovating it is then" He nods, but then his expression torns doubtful "What do you mean 'security's not been an issue?' That you always had someone on site to dispatch unwelcome visitors? Or that no one's tried to break in?" he could see the latter being true. Not a lot of things to steal from an abandoned movie theatre. For Sleepers, anyway "I think I'll have enough work with the rooms, but the issue might be worth mentioning to Tuesday when she gets back..." Whenever that happens. You never know with the Enchanters.

"Fire fans?" lack of familiarity with those clearly showed on his face "And I think you mentioned sword-swallowing earlier? You sure do like your acts exciting, don't you?" He says with a smile. "How did this even start with you? Did you woke up one morning and said to yourself: I want to make people squeal 'oh my god!' for a living?" An ordinary-looking woman exhibiting impossible feats of dexterity and fortitude? Guaranteed to make hearts stop. Just as he suspected, though, this was as time-consuming as it was awe-inspiring "So you don't have those 'screw this' moments? When you ditch the routines and do something purely for fun?" A beat "And what do you mean: old? You mean you're not eighteen? Because you certainly look the part"

He ponders on Tuesday's advice as he sips the black liquid "I think she's right. Magic is a tool you've earned. In some way no different from coffee. It gets stale if you don't drink it"

Oculus is, again, taken by surprise "Oh yes, my detective business is booming. I'd never have thought there are this many unfaithful spouses and lost family heirlooms in this city. Most of it are your run-of-the-mill mysteries, but it's like with detective novels: the real fun is uncovering the clues and piecing them together, not the resolution itself"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a slight shrug, “Meaning I’ve never heard of it being an issue.” Just what she said. “Tuesday hasn’t said anything to me about break in’s being a problem or anything like that. And this is the longest I’ve stayed here cause I also still have my loft, so if it was an issue when VT was here, I don’t know.” Maybe it had been a problem and no one said anything to her. Nod, “That’s a good idea, ask her about it. I just figured if it had been a problem she would have said something when we all moved in. But maybe she didn’t cause she has it taken care of, no clue.” Another shrug.

Nodding as she took another sip, “I hold them in hands and the prongs on the end have a material on them that holds fire. I usually have my hula hoop, but I wanted to try and change it up a bit.” Keep things fresh. Grinning, “I did, and I do. Exciting keeps peoples attention and brings in money.” People didn’t pay to watch dull. “It’s a family business actually. I grew up in it and have been performing since I could walk pretty much. Even went to school up in Canada, college actually. And yes, there is college for circus performers. So you are looking at a woman who has a degree from Circus College.” That always seemed to surprise people. “And I kind of grew into the whole making people squeal. Adding things to my act as I grew up and learned that shock pays. I even do conventions with my suspensions. And everyone loves the tall blonde folded into a tiny box.” It usually drew a good crowd.

Laughing, absently twirling the cup, “I do. But it’s mostly because I’ve been at it for so long that I kind of long for something more. The business isn't what is used to be and it doesn't pay as well anymore. And I wonder what else there is out there to do, something different. But most mornings I’m stretching and bending, making sure things still bend like they should.” Wink. Well, bend like they should for her anyways.

Smirking, “Aw, aren’t you sweet. But I haven’t been 18 in a few years. I’m pushing 25 actually.” She wasn’t bashful about her age. “But your body can only do what I do for so long.” He wasn’t turning out to be half bad to talk to. "And changing Path's made my body feel my age more." sucked, but it was true.

There was a small nod, “That’s true. It just feels like cheating to me. I’ve worked and trained for years and to add magic to it just feels wrong. I might play around with it, see how it works and feels.” She told Tuesday she’d try it.

A genuine smile, “That’s great!” she was happy for him. “So I have to ask, is it like that cheaters show? You get all the evidence and then confront the cheater with the spouse? Cause I hate to admit it, but sometimes that’s funny as hell.” When it was late at night and you couldn’t sleep, you watched some dumb stuff. Another sip was taken, “So, how’d you get into that field of work?”

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Going to say this scene is done as the character and player are gone

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.