DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Nox Populi Nightclub.
    In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

Tonight the Nox is hosting a "retro 80s" night. For the Kine. There was no mention of this in the Elysia of the Domain; and once more it serves to show how cut off the Kindred are from the normal rhythms of life.

Just don't grimace when they play Bela Lugosi's Dead. Again.

However the Kindred arrive they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, but without the pulse of the music from above, the place has the feel of a sepulchre.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees.

Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

The furniture setting is familiar now: a set of elegant chairs, all dark wood and red leather, arranged in a circle. The baroque lighting leaves the corners of the Elysium commons in deep shadow.

Eternal Court is open once more...

Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

In theory the party in the Nox the Kine were enjoying should have been the sort of thing to bring a smile to Cynthia's face. A reminder of an earlier time in her nights. But no, for her it was like other "Retro 80s" events she had seen before. Cherry picking the loudest parts and shoving it in her face. Something about that just seemed to bring misery to the Nosferatu.

At least they were playing Bauhaus. Not her favourite song from the band, but it was a small consolation.

Heavy boots hit the stairs and she went down deep into court. The artist was a bit surprised to find herself the first one here tonight. She took a seat, reclined and ignored the creaking of her jacket and pants. Nothing else to do other than wait and keep the Beast caged and buried from the Taint of other newcomers.

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva figured she may as well bask in all of summer's glory... and fashion before fall hit. Not that she didn't like the fall, but some things became questionable if you wore them in the winter. Her dress was suited for the current weather, the white just covering what it needed to, followed by a skirt that was perfectly short. Adding spiked heels and lace gloves, she was descending for another evening in Elysia.

Hopefully there would be a better turn out tonight. As she slowly walked around, she found a Haunt seated. Toxins permeated the air, but it wasn't any different than an evening at the truck stop.

"Hello Cynthia. How do you do this evening?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Court. Again.

It was weighing on her how their numbers had dwindled over the years. Courts were no longer the busy bustling social scene they were when she first arrived.

Something in the air? Or were Kindred simply not traveling as they used to? No way to knowing, but she’d make the best of it. Maybe they’d get lucky and a new face would wander in.

Tonight she entered Court after taking a few minutes in her office to write out an announcement. It was time to have a meeting and deal with the Brood once again. Having Twist on board was a huge benefit for them, and an ace in the pocket she hoped would tip the scales in their favor.

But who would answer the call and step up? She wasn’t sure, but she hoped Cross and Longstreet would want another piece of the Brood, and Dirge. Otherwise than that, she could only hope for a few more bodies. They needed numbers, but she wasn’t the type to hold it against anyone for not wanting to put their Danse on the line.

So she walks into Court, her Beast stirring and immediately angered by Vivian’s Beast. Who equaled her own. But hers wanted her to flay the stunning Daeva and show its dominance. But that wasn’t able to happen. The notice was placed before she makes her way over to her Coterie Mate and the new Haunt. The smell hits her as she gets closer, and her Beast snarls at the Daeva.

Tonight Ale didn’t dress up too much. Opting for black leather pants and black gauzy shirt. Her dark hair had hints of blue dyed into it, and some of her nasty wounds had been healed.

Smiling, “Evening Madame York,” a nod of her head, “Miss Weiss.” Head nod again, “I hope you’re both well tonight.” And it dawned on her that she had never spoken to Vivian about Alice. Seems she fails at this Coterie thing too.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

R
    Robert Longstreet

In life, Longstreet wasn't a big fan of parties that didn't involve lewd jokes and drinking oneself to stupor. But like with so many things, this too changed when he drew his last breath and awakened as a walking corpse. Now he exhibited a much more practical approach: it's better to attend these gatherings, if only to find out who plans to backstab you this season. An appearance could pay off especially on a night like this, not very long after his awakening from torpor, to remind the rest of the Damned here of his presence.

And to forget, even for a moment, about that man he tore to shreds to feed.

Rats were his only companions as he headed to the Nox, and even they dispersed after he grabbed some of them for a quick snack. It wasn't much, but it served well to start healing the last reminders of their encounter with the Brood. If what Cross said was true, there will be more skirmishes soon. Better be ready.

As if to confirm his suspicions, he passed by a note on his way in, posted there by Alessandra. A meeting, then? Good.

Finally, the man dressed in an ostentatiously unremarkable gray suit stepped into the room where the others (in their humble numbers) were gathered. Although the only thing he felt from Cynthia's direction was the familiar smell of chemicals, the Beasts of the other women were much stronger than his own, demanding an escercise of will to not simply flee their presence. It took him a moment to pull himself together.

"Cynthia, good evening!" he said in a somewhat warm tone, remembering their meeting from the other night. "Madam Reeve" A nod followed the welcome. He recalled calling the woman by name, but that was in much different circumstances "we haven't seen each other since The Thing" And there was this third woman, one he only hazily remembers from his first time here "Good evening, madam...York, is that right? Robert Longstreet, I don't believe we've spoken before" There is a nod offered as well.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-04 14:07:52 Robert Longstreet rolls 7 to Feeding (Str 3 + Subterfuge 1 + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 4, 7, 4, 10, 2, 6, 4 2 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

And there it was. The familiar thrill of terror as two predators stalked towards her. Cynthia was frozen in place as she waited for that feeling to finally end and give her back full control of her mind. She finally managed to smile. "Guten Abend Vivian, Reeve Antinori. Nice to see you two again." The Haunt said with a nod. "I'm doing well enough I suppose. Any luck finding that elusive tube of lipstick yet?" She was a bit curious what was so special about it.

And then she felting rage. A rival on approach. She managed to force it down when she noticed it was Longstreet. "Robert. Good to see you again." The smile and the tone of her voice sounded genuine. The artist was even able to ignore the uncomfortable aura of violence and disgust the priest radiated. "You're starting to look a lot better."

V
    Vivian York

It totally escaped Vivian that she was now a Madame. The Daeva needed to feel more Invictusy soon, or she'd start to slip into forgetting. Besides, focusing on some of that would stave off fighting the Best as two of them she could feel. And, that was the intention of the First Estate anyway.

"Good evening, Reeve Antinori." She tried very hard not to smile huge to her Coterie mate, as saying her formal name was strange sometimes.

"Hello Mr. Longstreet. No, I don't think we've spoken before." Which Vivian could see why, given the state his Curse left him in. Yet, he seemed like a nice chap. "But, I see that will be rendered this evening." As small as their Domain had been, it was rather odd that they'd not really had a conversation.

"No, Ms. Weiss. I've not found it. Keep in mind, that it's not really lipstick... but the container is the same."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

And there was Robert. His Beast weak and angering her own. Who wanted and whispered in her ear to extend her claws and rend the flesh from his bones. But that wasn’t appropriate, she had nothing against the guy, and needed him to help with the Brood.

So instead of claws growing, a smile grows on her face instead, “Mr Longstreet, wonderful to see you up and about. How are you feeling? Ready for a another go around with them?” she asked with an evil glint to her eyes. Though there was concern in her voice about how he was. Torpor wasn’t a nice thing and could change a Kindred.

She had never really talked to the hot goth before, so the language caught her off guard, “Is that German Ms Weiss?” there was an excitement to her voice. She hadn’t heard German since leaving Italy many, many years ago. “I haven’t heard it in years! Are you from there?” another Kindred from across the pond was very intriguing to her.

Wait, did Vivian just use her titles in Court? Ale wasn’t sure she’d ever heard her Coterie Mate use them before,

“Well, if you haven’t found it and require a shopping trip, let me know. I’d love to just go out and focus on something different.” Something other than the Brood.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

He laughed at what Cynthia had said to him like he was just told a joke "If you really think that" the words left his mouth after the laughter died down "then for the love of God don't turn on the lights"

Smiling, he turned to the Reeve. The expression was meant to hide the surprise that was her asking him about how he is - and genuinely, as far as the Bishop could tell "I'm alright, thank you - credit where it's due, mostly thanks to the Family. But I'll be even better when we're done throwing the Brood into the meat grinder" The evil glint in her eyes is met with his own "I'll be at the meeting, no doubt" Maybe he misjudged her, initially. It was becoming more and more clear that she is a wolf, with a strong pack sense, and not a mere guard dog. "Also, please do me a favor and don't 'Mr.Longstreet' me - makes me feel old. Unless, you know, there's an official occasion or brother Cross is around, in which case it might get confusing" Because why can't we be friends? We've indulged in casual violence together, that is one hell of a bonding experience.

But then come the surprises. First, that Cynthia speaks German - although given her last name that was to be expected. Second, that there was some lipstick-but-not-really about. He vaguely remembered it being mentioned when he first got here. Is this some kind of inside joke in the Domain? The third and final surprise was that the Daeva's tone didn't have that "better than thou" note in it. Promising. Or misleading.

"So, uh... what did I miss while I was away?" The question wasn't targeted at anyone in particular. Although Cross already did give him the lowdown, it'd be good to see if something wasn't omitted - for whatever reason.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The goth tilted her head to the side, curiosity and concern crossing her features. "Hope it isn't anything too important."

Cynthia nodded her head to the Reeve. "My father was. We used to visit Essen quite frequently back when I was still breathing." The artist looked a little sad for a moment. "One night I might visit again. Once I figure out the logistics of course." Driving between states was one thing, getting across the ocean was something else altogether.

There was a slight smirk on her face. "I did say better Longstreet." She leaned back and shrugged. "Other than the tournament being organised, not a lot has happened that I am aware of."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread