Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Sound of Displaced Air

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Something was going to happen.

There was a sense of...something. Anticipation...? Curling and coiling through the unicorn.

She was keyed up, her blood was thrumming, or maybe her internal clock was just tick-tick-ticking away. Counting down to....something.

It wasn't a bad something. She knew that.

No spiders seen and no doom felt. So not bad.

But something, definitely. Important too. Like she was coming to a fork in the road, a Big Decision....but she wasn't the one deciding. She didn't have too. Like she was just continuing on, but she was...gnawing her lip. This was just weird. And trying to figure it out was giving her a headache.

Sucking in a breath just to - everything was suddenly electric.

Behind her there was a familiar noise...a rush. A pop.

The sound of air being displaced.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Tuesday was right to be worried, for a terrifying sight awaited her eyes when she turned around. It was a monstrous thing that had appeared from thin air, a grotesque mockery made of bulging flesh and unnaturally stained fur. It's head was a massive thing, nearly as large as Tuesday's torso, with massive, limpid eyes, a disturbing growth sprouting from its forehead, and a mouth full of gnarled teeth. It began to jerk spasmodically, clumsy, warped limbs flying through the air without coordination, a spastic kick knocking a chair to the side as it cavorted towards the Acanthus.

What was perhaps most terrifying, however, were the distorted nasal sounds it made as it moved, each noise a parody of language that seemed to be muffled by its own throat.

"Why HElLoOooO, THURRR!"
    the ridiculous monstrosity warbled, lumbering closer to Tuesday with its arms outstretched.

Of course, by the time it came closer, it dawned on Tuesday what had summoned this grotesque apparition into the middle of the Foxes' Den Sanctum: it was Avis. Avis, the mage who, for whatever reason, was dressed in a giant, fluffy unicorn costume.

And, for whatever reason, this fluffy unicorn parody was trying to give Tuesday a hug.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes roadnottaken, West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday turns around and...

...goggles.

(Well it's more like a horrified fascination)

Because her brain goes ping and the warbled voice is one that she knows in junction with the rush of displaced air.

And like. Seriously?

Seri-us-ly?!

The Unicorn is composed for the time it takes her to stare in a quite horrified fascinationgoggle.

Then a surprised, delighted barking laugh escapes one Unicorn as she meets the other one fluffier Unicorn half way for that hug.

Because. Avis. Hug. Unicorn costume. Seriously.

Tuesday's still giggling when she manages to get out a rasping "Ha-hi! Avis! Oh em gee." She pulls away, hands still grasping the costume's fluff. "Look at you. Wow. I just. I can't. I-fuck. Hi."

When Star said Avis might pop by Tuesday hadn't been expecting this!

6. Likes Cayce, roadnottaken, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The fuzzy monstrosity that had apparently swallowed Avis started to shudder as the Warlock fought to contain her laughter within its smothering depths.

"Why, nuuuu, I'm not Ah--Ahvee--hee," she tried to croon, her words strangled by aborted laughter and the irrepressible bulk of the fuzz suit she'd stuffed herself into. Fighting for breath, she gamely tried to keep the prank going, but it was hard to breathe, let alone croon like one of those coked up actors hiding inside ridiculous costumes on kids' shows.

"I'm--ah, I'm---ah, fuck it," she swore, reaching up to rip the oversized unicorn mask off her head, revealing a flushed and sweat dripping face beneath. Avis tossed the mask off to the side, where it bounced and rolled into a corner, it's limpid, plastic eyes staring forlornly up at them as Avis pulled the real Unicorn back into another hug.

"I've missed you,"
    the warlock confessed, a sweaty lump of hair rubbing against Tuesday's cheek.

"How have you been?"
    Avis pressed, finally releasing her old cabalmate and stepping back so she could get a good look at the other woman.

"This city's not getting you down, is it?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Biting her lips to stifle the laughter that still wanted to was still bubbling up, Tuesday nods oh-so-seriously as the warbling voice denies it's identity.

Since, Avis-prank. Playing along~

All too soon the head's and the joke's discarded, free to roll into nowhere (the corner. nowhere is the corner) and Tuesday finds herself with an armfull of funfur and Avis.

"I missed you too." Tuesday breathed against the lank sweat soaked hair. Hoping for ear, but accepting that this Avis-hug-thang was new and strange and she totally didn't have enough practice at it. "Like. A lot. A lot-a lot." Nod. Serious.

See this. Unicorn Serious face.

"Welp. I've been...okay. Got a new cabal. Since. Uh-yeah. And also duh." it was still Sacramento, going around with a Cabal was just, uh. Worse then meh. "They don't Rit and I've been pew, pewing them with my swanky ass watergun." smirk, then, "Also. Hearthmaster. Me. I'm trying to cook. But Star, is Star and totally gave me delusions of Hearthmastering equaling culinary awesomeness. So it's mainly been take out and KD....."

Rocking on her heels, "And Sacramento's....still you know. Sacramento. So. Kinda yay, and also nay all at once. But, I'm used it it. Kinda." shrug. "More important. How...are you?" what have you been up to? where have you been? what have you seen? questions unsaid, but dance within hazels, even as the weekday tried not to spook the warlock off. Since. Two hugs? omg wow, and you know, the popping by thing. That too. Didn't want Avis to pop away. Well, not too soon anyway. She'd be popping away eventually, but eventually wasn't soon. She's an Acanthus, she totally knows this stuff.

10. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Ah...

And there it was: the hurt. Avis knew she'd find it, though she'd almost forgotten what it looked like on a Tuesday. The rocking on heels, the hesitation, the attempt at mirth, she knew what story they told, and for a moment Avis felt like an ass for popping in, acting like everything was hunky dory. Though, to be fair, if Tuesday had a cabal to spray with a swanky-ass water gun, she wasn't doing too badly. Still...

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you more,"
    Avis confessed, reaching out to grab one of Tuesday's hands and giving it a squeeze before letting go again.

"I didn't want to abandon you, you know. I just...I had to get out of town. But, uh, I'm glad that you ended up finding another cabal. I'm not surprised you did, since, ya know, swanky ass water guns and all,"
    Avis explained with a small laugh. "Still, Sacramento's broken more than one triple master...It's not a place that you can survive alone. And I don't mean 'cause of street safety, ya know? I mean 'cause of companionship. And, even though I've been a real shitty companion to you, you've always been a great one to me. And, well, that's why I wanna throw an idea out there for you. Why don't you come with Star and I?"

Avis paused for a moment, raising a pink, fur covered paw up to wipe a piece of sweat slick hair off her brow, though her eyes were fixed on Tuesday the whole time. Searching, no doubt, for another story hidden in the Unicorn's expression.

"I know you know that Sacramento's not the world. There's so much more out there, so much more to see, so many other battles to fight. That's one of the things the Clock in the Circle taught me, after visiting France, and Florida. Space and Time...they're not as simple as we make them out to be. That's why I want you to come. At least for a little bit. I'm not asking you to abandon your cabal,"
    she hastened to add. "Aside from Star, I couldn't imagine a more exemplary Hearthmaster than you, and I know you wouldn't them out to dry."

Whoever they were...

"But, ya know, taking a weekend off for yourself isn't really abandoning them, now, is it? Especially not if it teaches you how to stop burning water.

"Though,"
    Avis added with a small smile, "I guess if you stopped burning so much water in the kitchen, you wouldn't have anything to fill up your water gun."

12. Likes roadnottaken, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"It's-ah-it's okay." Tuesday says slowly, nodding to prove the okayness of it all. Because. Hoof. Hand. Holding it. Well, a moment to squeeze is still a moment that was held. "I could have poked at you more too." it takes two to friend.

"I know." Tuesday, "I get it. I was a'wanderer before I plopped my ass down here. Sometimes I get the itch to, you know. Go. But the Clock. It's tick-tock-tick is like, it's in my blood, and it's the rhythm of my heart. I can't not do Clock stuff, so I'm staying. Even if Faye, Campy. Me. Oldest peeps in the Consilium now." which was fucking weird to think about. "Everyone else. Newbs." shrug. "Faye, plus Newbs, plus me. Foxes Den. The our Cabal name now. We give zero foxes." smirk.

And so what if she was babbling? It didn't mean anything.

(it totally did)

"It takes two to friend." Tuesday says a little numbly. Because there it was. Invite. Avis and Star and Tuesday. Vee Tee. And Awesome. Tuesday bites down on her lip, hard. She wants to. She really fucking wants too. "I wanna." she says because Truth. "Really I do. And not just for visits. But...The Clock. Eff Dee. I can't walk away. I have shit to do here. You get that. So visits. Yes. I can take a master class in cooking for cabals and maybe I can learn to bake enough that the rest of my cabal Rits." blink. "'Cause bribing. Them with baked goods. S'why I started Ritting." lopsided smile, "And you know, pew, pewing lessons." making a fist. "I can punch, and curse and all that fun stuff, but to get some range that's not in a gun. Yes. Please."

A laugh, "So, you gonna kidnap me for the weekend when you pop out?" hey, it was a very important question to ask. She needed to know if she needed to write a note and set out some bills for take out for the rest of the Foxes.

14. Likes Cayce, roadnottaken liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Yes, I am going to kidnap you," the Warlock's head replied from the neck stump of the unicorn she'd crawled inside of. "But, you know, only after you've been able to give notice. I mean, sure, Faye might pretend to give zero fox, but she's gonna be super jealous if you don't tell her you're hanging out with your old cabal beforehand."

The words were wry, though not entirely mirthful. It cut a little too close...

"But, I get what you mean about the clock,"
    Avis digressed, eager to cut the ill-timed joke short. "I don't want to drag you away from your Destiny, but I think you could use a little break from it, don't you?. Besides, you'll never be able to guess where I'm taking you. All I'll say is that it will come with a complimentary cooking class, Star will be there, and that you should bring a really good coat. And some gloves. You know, just general cold weather gear.

All I need to know is: do you think 24 hours is enough notice, or do you want me to wait until the weekend? Either one is fine, but I'll have to take this monstrosity back if you need more time,"
    Avis explained, gesturing with one of the ridiculous, pink unicorn paws back towards the lolling head in the corner.

"No pressure, I'm just saying, if you want to go skipping through the streets with another unicorn, there is a timeline,"
    she finished with a grin.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Something loosens with the mater of fact reply.

"Notice. Yes." since Chariot vanished, and with the worry that followed she didn't want to cause the others to do the same over her. Wouldn't do anyone any good. Plus Heathmaster. Making her peeps worry not a thing she should do.

Eyes get a little shadowy because Clock Talk. Always does it. Only soul that's been on all the trips. She'd keep doing it until the Reality War was won, or she died. But big dee Destiny....was is? "Twenty four hours. Also. Yes." Nodding. Bobble-Tuesday away! "This gal does need a vaycay. Plus. It's not every day I get to go prancing around with another unicorn." smiles~

Heels, she's rocking on her's.

"Might need most of that to get some cold weather gear. Since. Uh. Yeah. I live here. You remember here. Cold and here.....well. Actual cold, not just chilly cold. But yeah okay. You know what I mean." thinking, "You, madame! Have this unicorn curious. Because. Cold weather. Anticipating some. Or knowing it's gonna be 'round...." tongue clicks. "Don't tell me. I wants the surp-rise~"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Ok, it's a deal. Twenty four hours, I'll be back here. Just let me know how long you wanna be gone for and we'll make it happen," Avis agreed, a bright smile breaking out across the warlock's flushed face.

"And, ya know what, I'll take care of the coat and that stuff. Just bring a go-bag, and your bow, and we'll have fun. Oh, and don't worry about a camera. Star's got the camera,"
    Avis assured the Acanthus, another laugh building insider her as she imagined what their first photo would look like.

She could just picture it now: Tuesday laughing, arm in arm with a giant pink unicorn, standing in front of a breathtaking vista...

The Destination

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread