Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's apartment was in the heart of Downtown, close to the park at the city's heart. His lodging had an extensive balcony primed to take in the view. Unfortunately the weather was still against spending time out doors, especially once darkness had fallen. Instead, the Moros has laid a welcoming table for his guest with food and table wine. The lighting was warm an friendly, dialled down to a tasteful level.

The meeting was informal - that much was clear when Campanella opened the door; tonight he was dressed in mismatched trousers, shirt and tie. He did not wait long before ushering his guest inside.

"Welcome. Welcome. May I take your coat? Welcome to my home. Please, take a seat. I have not heard from Silent but I still entertain hope she may join us. I've been hoping to talk to you since you first joined us, and I have a proposition for you, if you are interested."

The Moros Councillor welcomed an Obrimos to his home and steered him to the table. His eye strayed to the door.
    Archangel Michael wilsonns
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

Opening the door would reveal to Campanella a Casual Archangel dressed in a pair of jeans, black military-like boots, a leather jacket and a blue sweater underneath (the only possible way to endure the cold wind while riding his bike. ). His hair is arranged in a ponytail made of dread-locks, a few stray bangs loose from the hair tie. His thin glasses reflected the low light from inside the apartment.

"Good evening, Campanella." A handshake and friendly smile. "I parked right in front of the building, is there a problem?"

As they talk, Michael walks in and hands his jacket over to the host. His eyes quickly drift around the ambient and are finally drawn toward the balcony entrance. "The cityscape look amazing from here. You've got an excellent apartment. "

The Obrimos took a seat as the Host wished. "I hope she shows up too." he lifts a brow when Campanella mentions a proposition "What kind of proposition we're talking about?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"I was wondering if you'd be interested in forming a Cabal," Campanella gestured to the table. "It was why I had also invited Silent. That way, we would have had three. Three being the magic number required to form a Cabal. But for the moment, it appears Silent is not joining us..." He made a face. "And it is true that while the Temoins du Sud remain they are strictly speaking, not a Cabal, as they have only two members; but they at least share a Sanctum."

The Moros paused.

"I for one would rather do more than simply... share a Sanctum. I'd like to have a goal or some direction, at least."

He smiled at his guest.

"But first! We should eat. Drink. Talk. Without a third we may not be able to make a full Cabal. But we can certainly make a start on one... Assuming I can interest you."

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:

Spells:
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]

PRE

For a second, Michael's eyes widens in surprise. A cabal? It all went much easier than expected.

"A fascinating idea, I must admit. The reason I joined the consilium in first place was to form bonds with my fellow Awakened, as I told you before. I'd be honoured to form a Cabal with you and Silent, if she answers yes too."

He joined the tips of his fingers of both hands over the table. "We could discuss the terms later, as you said and wait for an opportunity for Silent to join us, but you have my yes whether she does join us or not." A warm smile. "But for now, we should do as you suggest and feast on this banquet. May this meeting mark the birth of our alleignance." He lifts his glass of wine. "Let us drink a toast to comemorate."

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella grinned.

"Yes. Indeed."

He lifted his own glass and settled down to eat.

After a while, once the eating had slowed to a respectable and introspective pace, the Moros took up the conversation.

"It does not appear that our third will be joining us. If I may ask... You are an Apostate, yes? Have you never felt the need to reach out to the Pentacle Orders? I am a member of the Mysterium myself - I suppose they were recruiting quite desperately when I Awakened; the consilium of the city where I Awakened was in a bad way."

The Moros felt it was as a decent way to start the conversation.

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:

Spells:
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]

PRE

"That's right. Apostate." He wipes his lips with a napkin and takes a sip of wine.

"To be honest, the idea of joining the pentacle has been haunting me ever since I joined the Consilium. As I may have commented to you... I guess it was you I commented to... Yeah, those whose the tenets align closer to my worldview are the Silver Ladder and the Free Council... Y'know, I'm into natural rights, freedom and stuff. I also like the approach of the Mysterium. Even the Arrow has its appeals to someone like me." His speech is interrupted by a second sip at the glass. "The only ones that doesn't attract me even a bit are those from the Guardians of the Veil. You could always tell me about your adventures within the order and how it helped you, though."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Yes. The Guardians... Well. One can never really trust them. I suppose one can never trust any of the Orders to some degree - but only the Guardian's of the Veil have the ability to hold judgement over anyone else. Exactly how someone like Star became one completely escapes me."

Campanella's nose wrinkled slightly.

"Well. My first Consilium was Washington D.C. It was a Consilium on the verge of collapse, having been riddled with Seer spies and agents for years. I was taken in by the Mysterium but if it hadn't been them, then no doubt one of the other Order's would have grabbed me - if only to keep me from being strong armed into swearing an oath of allegiance to the Seers. Yes, it was quite that bad."

He paused and drank.

"I did find a home in the Mysterium of course. I find their precepts on the nature and value of knowledge most enticing: that knowledge is its own power; power has a price; and that power - thus knowledge - must be earned. It helped me a lot. As for adventures... I would not say adventures as such... Yes, I was involved in the attempt to take back D.C. I attempted to play the spy but got caught in my own webs. I chose to leave before our enemies could use me against my own Order."

He played with his napkin, hiding the sudden bout of nerves jangling his fingers behind the table.

"I made my way west as a Solitary loner and expanded my understanding of traditional Western Alchemy through the Arcanum. Not that I made many inroads - such study requires a stable home and solid connections within Awakened community; connections I am only now beginning to build. Still, I have a grounding in Mind and Prime. Nothing particularly grand but enough."

He spoke with quiet satisfaction.

"And I have been able to establish an Athenaeum - a store house of magic for my Order. Even though there is nothing in it." The confession was an afterthought. For some reason it bought a chuckle to his lips.

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:

Spells:
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]

PRE

"I can't see a Guardian in Star, either... Maybe because disguise is a important part of them. It wouldn't surprise me if all this eccentricitty is nothing but a mask - a persona to stray observers away from his true self."

The Archangel arranges the fork and knife over the plate, a sign that the food was delicious and he is satisfied. He wipes his lips a last time before folding the napking beside the tableware.

"Thanks the Lord the Seers couldn't have you side with them when they had the chance. I had one of them trying to tempt me into their ranks once. Fortunately I could drive the bastard away and was never bothered again since then."

He drinks the last glass of wine, summing up three half-full glasses of wine now. Enough for now, still gotta ride back home later.

"I may not have even the slightiest proficience with Matter, but could always help with the Prime Arcanum, if you ever need it, my friend. I can pull a few strings when it comes to Mind, but nothing really impressive."

He contains a impolite giggle when the Moros mentions his empty Athanaeum. May be the alcohol starting to mess with him.

"I'm pretty sure it will be filled up to the brim with wonderous items eventually. Magical stuff doesn't come that easily, you may know it better than I do."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Indeed. True magic is a rare thing. Sometimes... I think we forget that."

Campanella pulled himself together and saluted the Obrimos with his wine glass.

"Perhaps you are right about Star - that his appearance is an affectation. Most certainly it hides his true motivations."

Moving back to the discussion of Arcana, he nods deeply.

"I may take you up on your insights into Prime. Once I have something suitable to offer in exchange. Perhaps we could work on the application of Mind together? In that Arcanum I am barely an Initiate."

On the Seers: "You were lucky. I was thrown against them as soon as I could cast a few counter magic spells. With hindsight I don't think there was much of a choice: the city was over run and what was left of the Pentacle was running... stalling... operations to give the remaining elder's time to organise a new Consilium. It was all very ad hoc."

He paused while he cleaned up his plate.

"I must say I am glad we have come to an accord so quickly. I had hoped to form a Cabal as soon as I arrived but the other mages simply... left." They had an agreement. Everything else was just talk and compromise - the art of the deal.

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:

Spells:
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]

PRE

"I really seems our third ranger isn't showing up. That's unfortunate." He sighs. "However, it is good that we're close to a consensus. We may find others interested in such endeavour."

The Obrimos' eyes stray to the balcony. He could never have enough of the nocturnal cityscape of Sacramento. An amazing vista, indeed.

"When it comes to the Ars, help is never enough. As soon as we form our Cabal and choose our safe haven, I'd be glad to study those facets of the willworking with you... And he others, too, if they'd join our studies."

Campanella's experience with Seers is something they could really use.

"Carefulness is indispensable. They're deceptive. If we ever distract ourselves with trivial matters, Seers will savor the chance to destroy he Consilium from within. Just like you said they did back in D C."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread