(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

This wasn't a meeting held in one of their offices, but it wasn't something that, if they were kine they'd grab a beer, share some Chinese and bitch. No, this was a meeting that needed to be held, and that needed privacy...and distance from the Nox.

So for the first time since every single one of her family left, disappearing like smoke in the wind. Alice opened the Necropolis for her Coterie mate. The Caldarium wasn't as spectacular as the last time Alessandra had seen it, those many months ago when Clan Nosferatu held Court, but it hadn't fallen to ruin as the Aboveground Haven had, or sadly, like the rest of the Necropolis.

Alice, sitting at the edge of one of the pools, her skirt pulled up to let her bare feet slip into the cool, crystal clear waters.

Lyssa was busy lighting the candles the dotted the space, illuminating the once pinnacle of dark beauty.

"Ale...thanks for coming." Alice said, after the Wraith finished it's hissing and spitting, tugging and twisting. It's insistent need for Alice to flee her Coterie Mate. "I had a talk with the Prince." best not to dance around the issue. The Italian Savage would have already picked up that something was different about this meeting.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn’t often you received a letter from the Seneshcal for a meeting and it was a good thing. So she figured she screwed something up to get the summons. Though to be summoned to the Necropolis was odd to say the least. But, that’s where Alice wanted to meet, so that’s where Ale drove.

The sound of her heels sounded as she followed the path she took during the Court that was held there, and entered Caldarium. And while it wasn’t as spectacular as it had once been, Ale still found it pleasant and soothing in a way. This evening she had a simple fitted black dress, knee length and a fitted leather coat over it.

Now the candles? Well, lets just say her Beast was not happy. While the flames were small, they were still fire and still struck fear into it, and her. Pausing to gather herself, and calm her Beast, she walks up to Alice, sitting on the edge of the pool.

The lack of formal titles and address was also unsettling.

“Alice, good evening.” Greets the Savage, bending to remove her heels. “Mind if I join you?” referring to dangling her feet in the water. She wasn’t sure if it was only a Haunt thing or not, and didn’t want to assume. If invited, she will sit near Alice, but not intruding on personal space, and place her legs into the water.

There was a slow nod of her head, “You did? How was that?” she asks absently, “And how much trouble am I in?” the last question asked casually. She didn’t want to be in trouble, but figured something was up.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A jerking hand wave, making it clear that Alessandra could join her. It wasn't like there was anyone else to share in the serenity of the Caldarium, though because the women wasn't a Haunt, she wouldn't know just how deep that serenity traveled.

"It...was certainly something." Alice said in her hollow voice. "Better then that time in Court when he asked me to dance." but anything really would have been better. And this time she'd hadn't been in a bathing suit.

Alice takes a moment as the Savage joins her to order her thoughts and decide upon how she'd answer the other women's question. "...not a lot." Which was saying that Ale was in some trouble. "It's about Strax, and the neonate." the Haunt says. "Whatever happened...shouldn't have happened in Elysium. I know Emma made the call to bring everyone to the Nox, and you were called in after the fact, but...it still shouldn't have happened in Elysium, and it shouldn't happen again." Alice's hollow voice is firm. Alice hopes that despite the informality of this gathering that Ale will take the Blind Doll seriously.

A moment to allow her previous words to sink in, "His Grace spoke of his time as a Deputy, and that when something like this occurred. Empty warehouses were used. I know that with your resources and contacts you could secure one for Domain use...that might also be used for training, sparing and the like. I know we've been talking about that for ages now."

5. Likes West, Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

While she couldn’t actually enjoy the water as she once could when she was alive, it was still symbolic to her in a way. It reminded her of a time when she was alive, when things had been simpler. She moves her tattooed feet around in the water, tempted to push the blood through her body to feel the water as a breathing human would.

Chuckling, “That was a sight, but you looked stunning in that bathing suit.” She complimented, but could not imagine how it felt. She would have been scared shitless, and while she comfortable with her body, dancing with the Prince was not on the top of any lists.

Oh, well not a lot was a good thing. Kinda.

And then she learns why, and it made sense.

“I understand, and as such, I'll make sure it does not happen again. I will also speak with Emma and we will work out a way to handle such situations correctly.” Her tone was a little more serious now, she was listening to what Alice said, and taking it heart, well, as much as a Vampire could. And as Reeve this fell on her shoulders and she would deal with it.

“I’ve actually looked into that, and would like to purchase one. Not only for official business, but other uses. I just haven’t come into the means yet. But hearing what you have said, and what His Grace said, I will step up my searches. And until one can be secured, Emma and I will find something more, uh, lets say suitable for problems.” There were some good spots, but it was all a matter of funding it.

“Thank you for bringing these issues to attention.” Her tone was thankful.

The tone then became somewhat hesitant, “To be quite honest, I’m still learning and figuring this whole Reeve thing out. That coupled with other issues have my head a mess lately.”

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thanks." Alice says, her hollow voice undercut with something like melancholy. "Robert said he'd tell me what everyone was wearing that night, but...well." a jerking, strings-pulled shrug. He was gone, just like all the others.

Silence, cut by the motion of their feet in the water, and by the breathing of the ghoul off to the side.

"Good." Alice nods, it's still jerking and strings pulled. "I know you'll get everything sorted, and Elysium wont be violated again."

Tilting her head so feel her hair brush against her shoulders. "No problem. Since we're coterie mates I didn't want to make a show of it. That's why we're here, and not in my office. But, I still needed to bring it up."

Alice hums, nodding, "When Lady Stamford passed the position of Seneschal to me she told me exactly what I was supposed to do, and what I should expect. I'm sorry that you didn't get the same." her voice still hollow, and her expression still fake and plastic, but Alice meant what she was saying. "Maybe we can figure it out together."

Then, hesitantly, "What else has your head all messed up?"

9. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She looks to Alice, curious about her answer. “Did he tell you what everyone was wearing? If not, I can try and remember if you want.” She offered. “We should have another themed Court, those are always fun and seem to put people in good moods.” But she had no ideas about themes, that wasn’t really her thing.

Of course she’d get it sorted, there was no other choice.

“Ah, I had wondered why here and not Nox. But it really isn’t my place to question your location for meetings.” A smile in her voice. “And I appreciate you bringing it up.” She’d much rather hear it from Alice than Asa.

Shrugging, “Well, it is what it is. Though I do wish Lady Stamford was still here, I still had a lot I wanted to learn from her. And it’s certainly not like running the Mafia back home.” There was some dry humor in her voice. “So it’s become trying to take some of my background with running that and applying that knowledge to being Reeve. But I’d like that, figuring it out together.” The only other one to really talk to about it was Ishani.

There was a silence, broken up by her feet moving in the water. She wasn’t used to opening up about herself, it was just something that was never done. But she did open her mouth, so maybe there was part of her that wanted to share.

Sighing, “Guess I’m still guilty over ashing my Cousin. It should never have gotten to that point, and I keep wondering and replaying the night to figure if things could have been done differently.” Surely she could have done something differently. Maybe yelled at Konrad to get off his as for starters.

“Plus my blood, so to speak, is still boiling over Court. That incident with Brittany has me not wanting to respond with violence so quickly. But then again, maybe there are times, like at Court, where I should have.” It wasn’t a position she’d ever found herself in. “Back home, had one of my soilders had spoken like that to me or my underboss, he would have ceased to exist. No questions asked, no warnings giving. It simply was not tolerated. But those were different times and different expectations and laws. So trying to balance that mindset with Domain Laws isn’t easy.”

11. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"He never did, and if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to. If there's another themed court in the future...that might be another matter entirely!" Alice says, trying to humor.

"Again. No problem. We made that no BS, or beating around the bush part of our Coterie talks didn't we? I just figured that I'd just include Domain business between the two of us a part of that." Says, the Blind Doll, as she tried to give the Italian Savage something other then her too-wide-too-fake smile. Alice doesn't know how well that worked.

"True enough...but I hope she comes back from whatever's taken her away soon. That way we could pick her brain for answers to the questions I'm sure we've both been asking. 'Cause yeah...sometimes I feel like I'm in over my head too."
    Alice admits, kicking her feet back and forth. "I think everyone feels that way. Or they do until they figure it out. Or they've been doing it so long that no one around them remembers a time where they weren't doing what they are now." Which was easily something that could happen with vampires.

After Ale's sigh Alice waits for the rest to come tumbling out.

"At least you're not a monster."
    if the first thing Alice says, "At least you feel guilty. I've known some Kindred who wouldn't have batted an eye at killing a beloved cousin." A jerking strings pulled nod. "I'd been wondering about that...when I first met you, you were a little rasher. Maybe now that you have cause to think, and that you've realized you can't just think you'll find that happy medium....maybe you just need to start treating the Domain like you would your mafia stuff...I mean, with that analogy aren't you the Prince's underboss or something?" a frustrated huff exits her mouth, "You need to find a balance, sure. But maybe it isn't as hard as you're making it out to be."

13. Likes West, Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She frowned, “Well that just sucks. Sorry, I know you guys were close, but he should have kept his word. Lets see, I came dressed as a Geisha, Vivian had a costume that had a Thai feel to it, complete with a tall headdress and long finger nail type decorations on her fingers. I’m sure she could more accurately describe it and even name it better than I can, so might want to check with her. Lady Stamford had an Indian theme, very ornate and stunning.” She frowned again, “I’m not doing the costumes justice, I’m sorry. Jacob looked like an old fashioned mail man or was it a train conductor, not sure, and Emma was a pilot. Vivian is much better at giving clothing and costume detail than me.” But she tried. “Yes! More themed Courts!” she enjoyed them, it broke up the monotony.

Ale used to find Alice’s fake smile and jerky movements unsettling. But since getting to know the Haunt, she became more comfortable with them, taking them as they were, her curse, and nothing personal. Least she hoped not, cause that’d be another matter entirely.

“Yup, no BS is the best. I hate it when people try and sugar coat things, trying to make bad news sound better.” Urgh, hated it.

When Alice admitted to feeling in over her had as well, Ale was surprised. “Have to admit, hearing that surprises me. You feeling like you’re in over your head sometimes. Cause looking at you and watching you in action, you seem to have your shit in together.” When Alice had laid it out for Bea at Court, Ale got a little nervous, cause she had never seen or heard Alice take charge that way. “But yeah, I’d love for her to come back. I’m also hoping to talk some with Her Grace, see if she has any advice or any knowledge to share.” Cause the delicate Daeva was a force to be reckoned with.

Not a monster? That was a first. “Where I come from Family is the most important thing you have. It’s someone you can trust and someone you defend with your life. She was Family, as are you and Vivian. A little rasher?” she asks with amusement. “I probably was, life on the road, moving from Domain to Domain. But once I knew I wanted to settle here and actually do something, I think my attitude changed. Being rash sometimes isn’t the best answer.” Maybe she’d grown a bit? “I suppose in a way I am, good analogy there.” She compliments. “And I think you’re right, maybe I’m overthinking everything and so concerned with doing what I think everyone wants it’s clouding my judgment.” She thinks on that a moment.

“I’m glad we can talk like this. It’s so hard for our kind to be open with others, that fear of what you say being used against you in some way.” That wasn’t to say she would expose a lot of herself, but she felt a certain level of trust with Alice. But of course she was still careful, they were both predators after all, and the time might come when any amount of trust would be tested.

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yeah...we were close." But maybe Alice made a mistake about that. Maybe they were never as close as the Haunt thought. "Don't sell yourself short. Any detail, is more detail then I have currently. And. Robert's the one who brought up the bathing suits. I wanted to wear a sari. Or do what you did. Go as a geisha. That could have been fun. It would have been funny if we both showed up as geishas." Alice smiles, "Maybe I can talk to the Prince about it. Probably not this upcoming Court....but maybe sometime soon, we'll have another themed one."

"Sometimes softening to blow's nice. But...dancing around the issue and never actually getting to the meat to the matter..."
    Alice shakes her head then, abrupt and still strings pulled. "That's what annoys me."

"I look like I have my shit together?!"
    Alice's face turns to the savage. A mockery of incredulity etched upon her porcelain features. A hollow mocking laugh escapes the haunt next. "Oh...wow. I guess I am a good actor. Hell, Ale, I was Embraced four years ago. I literally have no clue what I'm doing." a shake of her head. The hollow laughter dying off. "Me too. I already asked the Prince if it would be okay to ask her for pointers to deal with Bea. He said he'd make sure Her Grace would be attendance at the next Formal Court."

"I'm family?"
    a small voice. The the Clan it was a given, cousin was a word thrown about when it was needed. Especially when the Masquerade needed to be upheld. But with each and ever Nosferatu leaving the Domain Alice had the realization that she claimed them as family, but they obviously hadn't claimed her. Shaking her head. "I get it. I was always running. I never stayed in one place for to long. Then I cam here. There's just something about Sacramento." falling silent. "Thanks I guess. I just wanna help. You're Reeve for a reason. The only person you need to worried about is Prince Clarke....and maybe Her Grace too. You don't have to care about what the Domain's thinking. Act with your best judgment. I know you can do it, obviously the Prince does too, since he hasn't taken away your title."

Quite for another long moment, "That, I completely understand. It's one of the reasons I hadn't stayed in one place for long. I was just a scare little girl.....some night, I think I still am."

17. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “You would have made a stunning geisha. I actually used makeup that night to cover my face and neck tattoos, cause they kinda didn’t go with the costume.” She says with a chuckle. “I think they break up the monotony of Courts, give us a night of dressing up and having fun. Well, I have fun at least. Plus, it’s more fun to discuss who has the best costume than who has the longest fangs.” There was humor in her tone.

“Yup, I’m with you on that one. I’ve never been good at softening the blow of anything. It’s probably cause no one ever did it for me, even growing up. My dad always told me exactly how it was. I grew to appreciate it, cause there was never any question of what was being said and no misunderstandings.” Made for an interesting childhood. “Though I would like to learn to speak with more, what’s the right word,” there was a pause, she had the Italian word, but the English was more difficult. “Uh, tact I think. Lady Stamford spoke of being able to issue an insult to someone, but in such a way that they enjoyed it. Or something like that. Sorry, while my English is good, I sometimes get phrases mixed up.” It sucked, but she was getting better.

She had to grin and tried not to laugh, but she failed, at how Alice reacted. “I meant no disrespect, but it’s the impression I’ve gotten. And if it’s an act, than yeah, you’re one hell of an actor.” And seemed they both had the same idea of talking with Twist. “And sometimes age has nothing to do with anything. You might be young, but you have a good head on your shoulders and are mature. Something the younger ones seem to be greatly lacking. Now, I won’t tell you my age, cause a girl needs her secrets, but it’s taking me a long time to get my head in order and mature. So don’t sell yourself short cause of your age.” Hell, she’d seen Elders who behaved liked fucking kids.

“Of course you are. Family, to me, is more than sharing a Clan. And while Clan ties run deep, they mean nothing if you’ve destroyed a possible friendship or trust. Thus far, you’ve given me no reason not to start trusting you. And as Coterie Mates, you’re safety is a top priority for me.” Cause she didn’t take joining the group lightly. Her voice grew softer, “Well thank you. I guess sometimes I just need to be reminded that I wasn’t handed the position for nothing.” And yeah, if he hadn’t taking the title by now, she was doing something right. However small, it was something.

Feet move in the water as she thinks about what Alice said. “To be honest, I think we’re all scared at some point. Our existence isn’t an easy one, if you showed me a Kindred who wasn’t scared at some point, I’d tell you they were lying. I was scared shitless when my Sire perished before my eyes, and making it out of that still intact still amazes me. But it’s what we do with that fear that really defines us I think. I turned mine into an angry vengeance, seeking revenge and not resting until I had it. And yeah, it had consequences, I wasn’t allowed in a lot of Domains in Italy, it was so worth it.” She adds with an evil laugh. “But I think you got this, more than you know.”

19. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread