Ended
Watch

Ring the Bell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Strix

PRE

Entering the Circle always made Strix momentarily remember that he should perhaps check out the part assigned to the Free Council one of these days, but since he was the only one around he didn't see it as necessary. Yet.

It was on his to-do-list.

Whatever the case, this wasn't why he was here. Walking through the Circle, making his way past the Free Council part and intending to make his way to the Mysterium's, since Campanella mentioned he used it as Sanctum, Strix spotted the other mage, making his way over to him instead. It was probably for the best before Strix reached the part assigned to the Mysterium within the Circle and went to call out loudly for the other man. It would probably get quite loud in the building, empty as it was.

Hello," he said in greeting when close enough, lifting a box he had brought along which contained drink and doughnuts. "Figured I'd bring along something unhealthy and sugary for our talk. Also, coffee." It was just black coffee, the basest of all coffees that could be molded to one's liking with the cream and sugar that came as extra.

He reached up with he free hand to rub at his neck thoughtfully. "Maybe I should have asked if you drink coffee?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella had arrived at about the same time as Strix but had come through another entrance. He smiles and nods his head in greeting as the other Moros approaches.

"Hello. Coffee will do perfectly. It is wet and warm. You said you had some things to talk about. So do I, I suppose. I take it that Truce has moved on?"

He gestured at one of the vacant pews.

Strix had been in a Cabal with their old Councillor. Surely he would know if the city's leading Moros and potential Hierarch had moved on.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

3. Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

Strix nodded and handed one of the coffees over to Campanella before making to sit down in one of the pews.

"Well, moved on or left. I'm not particularly sure where he went to, to be honest." He shrugged, it didn't really look all to well for their Hierarch. "Maybe he had to take care of something outside the city in haste. It was what I came to talk to you about, though."

Strix took a sip from his coffee, the box set down onto the pew so that Campanella would be able to reach it if he was wanting for a doughnut to his coffee as well. "Well, we Moros currently have no Councilor, what with that role having been Truce's as well, "but since you were Truce's provost, the role would now fall to you."

Another sip. "We did agree on this, when the Moros were more numerous in the last meeting. Are you alright with that?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella stared at his coffee.

"Yes. Yes, I did. And... Yes. That is the way it must be. With only two of us it seems... honorary more than anything. But I shall do my best to represent the interests of our Path should it ever come to it."

He absent picked up a doughnut.

"We need to talk of other matters, of course. On reflection, I think the automata should be placed to the side for the moment. I doubt either of us have the understanding for such a project, let alone the skill. When we first spoke of it, there were four of us. Between us, the best we could do is organise a couple of nights where we come in together to give the Circle a clean."

The doughnut vanished into his mouth while he watched Strix.

6. Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

"You never know, our numbers might grow again. Then it might appear far less honorary to you." He gave a light shrug. "The mage population of Sacramento seems to change quite regularly. When I came to Sacramento, the Arrows were the largest Order — now, only Avis remains." Calling an Order with four members might be generous, but given that mages weren't all that numerous it was in comparison to the others.

Strix took a sip, humming to himself. "In any case, it'll be good to know one of us to be among the Council again."

Since he was taking a sip from his coffee, Strix initially only made an agreeing noise at Campanella's words. "Yeah, I meant to bring that up as well," he said once swallowing down the coffee. "And I agree, it's best to leave the project on the shelf." Maybe even longer. "I don't mind if we go and come here to clean the Circle every now and then, so we might as well do that instead of building an automata to do it instead of us."

A light snort left him. "It didn't sound like the others were all that impressed by the idea, anyway."

Putting the coffee down next to him, Strix picked up a doughnut as well, taking a bite. "Well," he looked around the Circle, thoughtfully, "do you actually live here? You mentioned you use the Circle as your Sanctum."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Now Campanella had to choke back a laugh.

"Live here? Oh no! I have a suite downtown. I use the Athenaeum as my Sanctum. I thought I might as well - otherwise it would be empty space otherwise. If there comes a time when my Order needs a place to care for objects of power or a space for teaching I'd have to vacate and find another Sanctum. But for now it serves perfectly." His head bobbed from side to side as he spoke.

The Moros provost councillor let silence descend while he eyed another doughnut.

Strix

PRE

"Well, that makes more sense." He looked around the Circle, shrugging. "Doubt it would be all too cozy to be living here." It was a church. Cathedral. Chapel?

Whatever the building used to be, anyway — they weren't exactly build for comfort, even if the Circle was literal magical. Hidden away from Sleeper eyes, as it was.

"At least you won't have to worry about anyone disturbing you. Unless they come banging at the Mysterium's door." He took a bite from his doughnut as if needing to worry Campanella could read his mind about him having considered when dropping by without announcement. It would, of course, only work if the new Councilor actually was there to answer the door, which was less likely now that he knew the man didn't actually live here.

Probably for the best, anyway. "Go on," he nodded at the box, "can take more, if you want. That's why I brought them along. It's a sensible thing to do, really. At least, this place finds some use then. The Free Council area is collecting dust which I should probably go take care of eventually."

He finished off his doughnut, humming as he glanced into the direction of his own order's quarters, then where it would lead to the Mysterium's. "Athenaeums are sort of like Lorehouses, aren't they? Collections of information and the like."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella reached out and claimed a doughnut.

"In many respects, yes. An Athenaeum is a location that guards and preserved knowledge. Sometimes they also become places of study. The relationship to the stored knowledge is... quite different... Assuming what I've been told about Lorehouses is accurate. Access to an Athenaeum is a privilege to be earned; its not an automatic right."

He munched on the delicious confection.

"On a related note: where does your focus lie? Matter or Death?"

He might as well take the opportunity to learn more about his fellow Moros.

Strix

PRE

Strix picked up his coffee up as he listened. "They're generally open to all Free Council mages," he nodded, at least that was how it was explained to him when he joined, "though some may even be open to any friendly mage, regardless of Order. It greatly depends on the Free Council presence in a city, to set the rules." A thoughtful hum. "How do you earn this privilege, if you don't mind me asking?"

He took a sip, leaning back and putting one arm up onto the back of the pew he was sitting on.

"I'm a Disciple in Matter and Death, though I gained the necessary understanding for latter only recently." Strix replied easily, not really minding people knowing this. Anyone present during the last ceremony where everyone was handed out a ring for their understanding of the Tapestry knew about it already, anyway. At least, in regards to Matter.

After a moment, Strix shrugged. "So my focus is balanced now. I just figured it might not do to neglect one over the other." He tilted his head. "What about you? Is it Matter?" A slight frown furrowed his brows as he recalled something. "I think you mentioned to have picked your Shadow name after someone who was into Alchemy..."

Matter would make sense.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded along. When he came to answer, he cracked a sly smile.

"How is the privilege earned? Now that is a question. To be fair it would largely depend on the Athenaeum in question and the officers of the Order who run it. As you can image, that leaves a... quite broad range... of possibilities. An Athenaeum modelled as a place of learning would be much more open with its secrets; an Athenaeum built to guard cursed artefacts or dangerous lore might never open itself up to outsiders - or perhaps only with certain Orders. Another might only give access to local Cabals who have assisted the Athenaeum in some way... You know, barter favours and such."

He sipped at his coffee.

"As you can see, much like your Order in that respect. Point is, access must be earned. And be seen to be earned. Its not a free gift or a right."

He was nodding again.

"I am a Disciple of Matter and an Initiate of Death. I am an Apprentice of Prime." For now he kept silent on his other learnings. "And yes, I am more more interested in the application of Matter than Death." The smile broke into a grin briefly. "Tommaso Campanella was a 17th century theologian, revolutionary, and Alchemist. He was one of the last great defenders of the Hermetic tradition. So yes, very much an Alchemist."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread