The Watchstanders

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    NOS
    PRE

"Not a problem, we're ready to start, then."

Helen heaves a laptop out from somewhere on the floor next to her and turns it so the others can see whats on the screen, then she plays a video.

It is a clip of a video, five seconds long. It is a voice speaking on a video being filmed of an empty, generic hotel room.
    The voice has been modulated with a voice changer.
    "My friends who opened my eyes have suggested that this is a human trafficking scheme. It is possible monsters are abducting someone from this hotel. My friend is on thier way.' The door opens and the film follows three blurry people in a physical fight outside of a hotel room. Shouts are heard. One person, a short, pale person, is clearly visible. A man shouts 'Get an official' and the woman who was in focus runs away. She leaves the shot. A brunnette blur comes into focus as the fighting behind her comes to a stop. Now the two blurry figures appear to be facing one another.

The brunnette approaches the camera and the face comes into focus as Verity Carmen. The angle of this film is of Verity speaking to the person. She makes a plea for use of the phone. The video has the recording stop here and another edit is in place. "My videos and sent messages were altered and my online presence was compromised. I had sent the video to my friend, who managed to upload a copy for me. Is this person a part of the monster's organization? I simply cannot believe it. Look at her. There is something remarkable about her. Surely, she must be a victim.
    The video has been secured. If you know anything about this person, or of abductions by monsters, meet us at the Hollybrook Hotel, Suite 330 on the 25th. We are making a plan."
    The video has a few screens come up on the screen - a map of Sacramento and the location of the hotel this took place in marked. There is a newspaper article about a teen couple who were found dead. Helen stops at the newspaper article for ewveryone to read it.

Teen couple found dead at local teen hangout – byline by Kate Singer
    At approximately 6 AM this morning, two teens – Alexander Lathe and Eliana Cooper were found dead in Ms. Cooper’s vehicle. Mr. Lathe is seventeen and attends Sacramento High. Ms. Cooper is seventeen and is homeschooled by her mother. The coroner has not released cause of death at this time. This reporter was told by Det. Kramer of the Sacramento Police Department that it is suspected foul play. The vehicle was parked at Cedar Grove park overhand parking lot, casually referred to among local teens as ‘the Lookout’. Look for the update to this story at Night Time News with Nancy at 10 PM at KWBG channel.

"The video has been on some sites before someone scrubbed it. Point is, there are people investigating into this. Now, what do we need to know... One of those people in the video is Priscus Carmen, obviously. The others are me, some Daeva from out of town, Luke Dacian, and his ghoul, Adair. So that tells you why she isn't here and that tells you why I don't want to get directly involved. If someone who was there that night is there, they might recognize me. Now,. that human trafficking stuff is bullshit and its also barely connected to the murders in the park, but we'll get to that in a bit."

She slides each of the attendees a piece of paper.

Piece of paper

"You could say the meeting didn't go as planned for any person involved. Now, what is attached to this stuff ? One, Peter is really called henry, a rogue ghouls bloodhunted in two domains. Maybe you have seen the poster I made in Elysium already. His connection to the Dacians or whether there are any Dacian holdouts still in town are unclear at this point, but we're keeping our eyes open and so should you, it's not a popular name, after all. We're pretty certain Will is the Park killer and he's still out there as far as I know. But apart from a possible personal connection, the two things are not connected. But let's get to why I brought you here.

The job for you is simple. I want you to find the guys who made that video and find out what they think they know. After that, your task is to make sure whatever their findings, they're tradition-friendly when they end their little game of detective. So human trafficking ? Okay. Monsters ? Not okay. Hence why I'm giving you the details about the Dacian operation. It's basics, there's another bunch of things I'll compile and get to you. These guys aren't welcome in town currently, so that organization could get the stuff pinned to itself, for example. As you like it. I'll leave the details to you.

As to why I have picked each of you ? Mr Schneider is a member of the Lancea, ordained and all, he should be able to talk his way around people. Also, new guys to the front. Benny isn't too bad with people either and also can do some computer stuff that might come in handy. Also, new guys to the front. Marcus and me go back a bit, so all I'm saying is, he's pretty useful in a pinch and as I don't really want to risk making an appearance, he'll be the backup should you need it as well as anything else you four decide. Also new people to the front. As for Raul... He's always good to have in an investigation, he is a solid hand and has law enforcement experience. He was pretty set for the job as soon as I got it.

Now, I'll say this again, and this is important. The Prince wants this investigated and handled quietly. No big scenes, no ruckus, no more accidental interent celebrities. I can give you logistical and other support, but I will keep my distance from proceedings to make sure I don't end up on the net as well."
    She leans back and looks at each of the four kindred at the table with her.

"Questions ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Strength
    (Ripped)
    Marcus Roman

PRE

"As long as things go smooth, my parts easy." Says Marcus getting right to business. "No questions at the moment. I can volunteer my skills if I see an in for them, certainly." He had a seriousness to him, less easy going in the moment. Clearly a sufficient masquerade breach. Not good at all...
    Aspect of the Predator

BP: 3

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Status (Lancea Sanctum)
    (Priest)
    Resources
    Otto Schneider

Otto Schneider does not look like a priest at first glance. He shares his clan's tendency to overdress and one could be forgiven for assuming he is on his way to a meeting of the board. But despite this outward appearance he speaks with a conviction that is only found in true believers. His gaze is intense and seems to refuse to soften to match the rest of his expression at any given moment, appearing as though he's staring daggers at someone even while he grins.
    Favored Scripture

"To all you who read this prophecy, you share in my curse; hear these words, and take them and make them your own, and you are Sanctified."
    -Book of Eschaton 1:8
    Otto Schneider Scenes
     Blush of Life, 

Blush of Life, Dominate - Command, Book-keeping for prior roll

PRE

"Ghouls..." The disdain is evident in the Ventrue's voice. He shakes his head with a frown for a second. "I can understand the need to be hands-off in this situation, but how much of the planning process is up to us?" Otto leaned back in his chair for a second and glanced the other assembled Kindred.

"For instance, are we being paired up? Or do we work in whatever manner fits a given task? Does it matter? I don't mind if the intent is to give us a goal and figure out the best way to do it, I'd just like to know how much... Leeway we have." Perhaps unexpectedly, there's an approving look at Marcus. The Traditions were practically religious mandates to the Sanctified, so it didn't take much to convince Otto of the importance of the job.
    Health - | Willpower - | Vitae - | BP: 2

Haunting Ch.2 - | Willpower - | Vitae -

NOS
    PRE

"Everyone in here is competent in what they're doing. So we're doing it Army style. I tell you what I want to happen, you tell me what you need to make it happen, I see to you getting what you need, you use that to get results. You stay on the job, I stay off your ass. If you aren't sure if you can cope with too much leeway, or have little experience with it, we can work it more closed. I just need to know so we can get your best possible performance.

I've given you the mission parameters as per the Prince already. As a personal favour, it'd be nice if there's as little bodies as possible. I know that sometimes that can't be helped, but we'll see if this case is one of those. You keep me updated regularly and work the job, I'll deal with domain leadership and domain members and keep any heat from those off your backs. Just don't let that bite me in the ass."

Looking over to Otto.

"Answered the question or you got anything more... specific in mind ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
+ Reply to Thread