Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole is waiting under the I Street Bridge again. This time, it is daylight and the scene could not be more different. The sky is a crystal blue, reflecting on the calm waters of the river, which slurps and gloops quietly in the neglected, craggy space under the bridge's span. The sense of distance to the ziggurat across the river feels less in the lighted hours. The park, green and manicured to some degree, stretches north and south of the Wizend's location; the path snakes and veers under the bridge, hurrying to escape the shadows.

Under the bridge, the shadows reign. The air is cooler. The cold retains some bite.

The burned dwarf doesn't care: he is dressed in a cheap looking suit with a messenger bag by his side. Perched on a particularly large rock with his back to the river, he appears to be taking a short rest and a bite to eat. Lid out on the bag are some bottles of water, some health bars, and some tubs of more summery provender - nuts and berries. There is a fancy book of fairy tails, too - just enough to stop anyone questioning his presence.

To mortal eyes, the Harvest King is simply a bearded man resting and reading in a favoured spot in the park.

He is waiting on his fellow Courtier, Kray

2. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

Unyielding voice (Troll blessing), seal pledge

Ogre blessing (+2 str) + wp for smash

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

The giant strides down the path towards the bridge once more, in the day his shadow looms larger then even the giant across the trail. The long coat hangs from broad shoulders and cleaned and polished shoes adorn his his feet but this time the hedgespun hat he always wears is pulled forward to deepen the shadows it casts over his eyes, his shirt is not ironed, his nails unevenly cut and his posture more defensive, all in all more unkept then he has been previously. His stride is purposeful if a little erratic and remains so until he is under the bridge proper.

Once under the bridge he seems to calm or focus a little as he puts his back to the under side of the bridge and he turns his attention to the waiting sovereign. Waiting for a moment no one else is in sight, he does as he has previously doff his hat in a mark of respect. ''Ah. Hey Anatole.'' The hat goes back on at a more familiar angle. ''Uh. How's things you look ...'' The Ogre squints as best bulbous eyes can as if he securitising the Harvest king or making sure of something. ''Content.'' The deep voice carries colder tones, less effort is being made towards inflection or expression.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole looks up and beams a grandfatherly smile. When he speaks, his voice has a rumble to it:

"Kray. Welcome. Sit, or stand. Take some water and some food."

He gestures, raising one of the tubs filled with provender.

"Edna's Boarding House will soon be moved. Away from Funderland, to the city's edge. I'm intending that the old house become neglected. I'll spin our Hollow behind the walls. And when the riff raff come, as they inevitably will... we shall play. And they will learn. Edna's will become a true haunted house."

5. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

The giant Ogre chooses to stand and uncharacteristically does not help himself to food or drink. Instead keeping his focus as best he can on the sovereign of Autumn. Listening to the news. It does elicit a small turning at the corners of his mouth. Good. Until the exact nature of the king's intention are laid bare. But it seems we have very different plans. ''Uh. What happened to a place others feared to approach? What happened to having them trembling in their boots?'' Tones discontent clear now in the deep voice, expression more evident in his scowl. ''What happened to actual de ...'' Catching himself just. ''Hm. What happened to living up to its history?'' A great slow shake of his head. Looks like we need to have this out. ''That. That is what I've been working towards, that grandeur, that legacy.'' What you sold me on.

''Slowly, so slowly with care and caution, I've wrapped myself up in mystery and shadow. Made use of my talents and focused all I gain from each and every task since this became the plan, into spinning my own very real web of power and people to do what needs to be done.'' His eyes have unfocused entirely he is not seeing the scene under the bridge, be it a hallucination or a strongly envisioned plan for the future he sees something else. ''I have worked towards those grander plans, this needs to be done right, step by step to great effect, not quickly. Not easily.'' A pause as he works his way back into the moment. ''Not some festering pile people avoid rather then fear.'' He knew how that story went you don't fear the drug addled, the homeless or the gangs, not for long, you cross the street and then put them out of mind a minor inconvenience at most, if they hurt you they linger yes but they are not a monuments to lasting fear.

He is unapologetic in stance and demeanour. ''Ah. Besides you see how things are around here.'' What he might be referring to is a little vague. ''It all shows just how much. We.'' Emphasis is put on the word trying to indicate something. Parks are public do have care with that tongue of yours. ''Need to make a clear and defining statement.'' Not skulk around. ''If you want a haunted house, then you don't want a reputation for being a place frequented by vandals and druggies. Makes it to easy to explain away.'' The only real point of logic provided.

7. Likes liked this post

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

The Harvest King smiled. Smiled. He even twirled one of his moustaches between a finger and thumb.

"I thought my plan was fine. Fear dashed with sadness. Followed by a creeping dread as time goes on. Something we could build on later."

He looked the Ogre up and down.

"What exactly is your plan then? Believe me, I am quite open."

The Wizened Sovereign was - quite unlike the reputation of his paranoid and vicious kith - not phased by Kray's approach or argument. He was curious.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

The Ogre grunts. ''Hmpf. Fine is a matter of perspective.'' Clearly disagreeing. ''Ah. Neither you nor what you represent are held in the same regard as those who favour green or red.'' That his Monarch received in general less respect around the freehold then Circe or Sarah had not been lost on the giant and was something that did not sit to well. ''Hm. And small, half measures won't change that.'' Druggies and the destitute don't cause creeping dread, more like creeping disgust and judgement. It's not the same as don't go into the forest or the monsters will eat you. They aren't a reason to huddle silently sobbing in terror by your door as things prowl just outside.

''Ha. My plan.'' And he stands tall moving from his defensive posture looking more like himself looming once more, an air of excitement even exudes from him. ''I. I plan to raise the dead.'' Sort of. ''Uh. You spoke of Edna's itself being discontent well I plan to put back where it should be.'' Two great grey fingers come up. ''Hm. There are two steps.'' One finger goes down. ''First. The move, this needs to be with all the care and proper procedure, be unassuming that's important for step two.'' See I can value subtlety. ''For this we need to get the right spot We need to move a building and of course have everything set up in working order.'' And none of that comes free. ''My deals help with that sure but money does to so I've been and will keep working for those who pay for my skill set I'm not there yet mind but I'm gaining trust, doing what they need of me. But I'm no fool boss so the money I make goes into an account paid by hand then some new friends who are good with investments are managing that for me. It is slower, but the few friends I already have are doing me right so far and as I make more the money should follow suit. And once the funds are high enough it gets easier to open doors.'' It's a lot I know.

The second finger goes back up. ''Now. Step two. This is a matter of timing.'' And might need a little help to fall into place. ''Once moved. I wait for for one of my co workers to make a screw up big enough he needs to leave the scene entirely. Then having started to work both sides I identify someone who needs a crime to pin on a bigger player. Me and this upstanding public servant fake the death of the guy who fucked up. Cashing in whatever deals I can the mortician fakes the autopsy and death certificate to make it look just like what happened at Edna's before.'' The Ogre is animated now, pacing and fist in hand, despite the hair brain nature of this scheme he seems to think he is onto something here. ''Ha. Then all I need is a Judge willing to convict on what could or could not be shaky evidence and some significant funds going to The local reporters To have the story spun how I want and bring the old reputation right back into living memory.'' He stops and takes several deep breath.

Attention refocusing, swinging back to the burnt dwarf waiting to see if he is in fact quite open to such a convoluted and drawn out plan.

11. Likes , liked this post

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

And Anatole, the Harvest King of Sacramento, is hooked.

"Now that is Fear."

A pause while the Wizened has physically wipe the leering grin off his face with a hand.

"See... I was going for the slow, slow, quiet burn. A mystery - whether or not there is something there... or not. I wanted a question hanging out there for those who notice - and for a story to grow once more. But my plan was always going to be small and low key. Now you... You got the gift for the grand and the bold. I like your plan. Far better than mine."

Anatole, the Harvest King of Sacramento, can't stop the malicious grin seeping back across his face.

"So what can your Harvest King do to assist you in this grand work?"

13. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

If he seems taken aback its because he is. That was easier then expected. ''Huh. Well okay then.'' The sovereigns need to physically wipe his smile clear gives the ashen dwarfs face almost clay like properties to the less then lucid ogre's mind. In a twisted way it fits the way he can move between grandfatherly and his current malevolent looking state. He watches quite fascinated by what his eyes told him was happening. ''I. I appreciate that view but give people half the chance these days and they'll ignore anything that makes them uncomfortable.'' They would sooner pretend it just is not there. ''I'm aiming for something that haunts the back of the mind, that can't be ignored. Something that is the first thought when you hear a bump in the middle of the night and don't know what it was.'' Something that makes others fear for their lives not just that the rent is due.

And it looks like we are in business. His own jaw widens in that monstrous smile, malevolent by nature with his teeth on full display. ''Oh. There's plenty to do while I put things in place.'' A great grey hand rises to scratch the lower back of his head. ''Uh. You can make sure whatever you need is in place to sign the paperwork.'' Edna's would be in the sovereigns name after all. ''There is a period after step one where it will need to function as a business while I move step two into position.'' Knowing someone else had that part covered would make things just that much easier. ''And of course with this being my focus I haven't been able to give our hollow the attention it needs beyond the fruit patch, door to it and some small amenities.'' So we could split the work down the mundane and hedge side line.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"I can deal with the Hollow. I can incorporate my original idea into your's on that point. The Hollow has been neglected since the last Sovereign left us and is in need of... much repair. A seed of it remains but it will take time to tame and grow it back in a new direction."

Anatole nods, returning to sobriety.

"The work on the Hollow has already begun, but I don't anticipate the work being completed quickly. Wrapping it behind Edna's wall's is going to take some... doing. I think I'm up for the challenge."

Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

A nod. ''Hm. Sounds good to me.'' I for one you for the other. ''Ah. A chance to start over is not always a bad thing, what do you have in mind for it?'' Since we are talking plans and futures.

A dark chuckle. ''Rome was not built in a day.'' Had he meant to say that, maybe not. ''Uh. Don't worry about time boss, my plans are far from ripe themselves. But all things worth doing are worth taking the time to do well.'' And these are things that should be done well. ''And as you offered me help its right to do the same, is there anything in particular you need that I can offer?'' Unable to think what but if he could he would.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread