Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2208) Eternal Seasons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

0 Scenes

Funderland Amusement Park has been dishing up kid-sized thrills since 1946! It is the only place to take the kids in Sacramento that has nine exciting amusement rides, a concession stand, birthday parties, and more. We are conveniently located in William Land Park next to the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town.

Funderland is a public location, but also the heart of Sacramento's Changeling Freehold.

Some Freeholds hide in plain sight, while others hide so well that new arrivals need an invitation and direction to even catch a hint of just where the Lost's stronghold resides. The Freehold of Sacramento is of the former, and has always been, but with the death of the dragon Fairweather, the Lost of Sacramento have taken control of, and are operating an amusement park. A self contained space, a fortress for the Lost, but one where mortals come spend their money, and offer up something more precious; Glamour. The park is divided along the lines of the Seasonal Courts, each having their own ride or featured building, so the Glamour is spiced in the layers of the four cardinal emotions.

Much like the world - the Hedge - beside the mundane one, there is a private world beneath the park -- prohibition era tunnels, passages and even rooms.

For now, the the Park is closed and admittance is only for the Lost. For those moments before Equinox and Solstice, The Eternal Seasons reign....

This is a great place to gain your Acknowledgement!

2. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole strolls the park in a dull grey slacks and a cream coloured shirt. His hedgespun coat, all charcoal and black, swirls heavily around his stumpy legs. If you look carefully, you'll see the dark shadowy pool of his mantle hanging off his coat tails.

Today the burned dwarf is eating fruit. Just an apple - not a Goblin Fruit - for the Paladin of Shadows is suspicious even on home ground. He holds the fruit lightly in one hand while in the other he carries a small knife. As he walks, he slices another thin sliver from the apple and slides it into his mouth.

Paladin of Shadows - on active duty.

4. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Summer Queen isprofessionally dressed, though the coat has been eschewed to hang over her shoulder. Mundy business was done for what she'd need it for, there was no need to keep up the appearance. Even if the shoulder holster meant she'd have to put it on again when she left.

Though that might be the second most interesting sight to new Lost, after what was upon her head. Her jagged iron crown with stones glowing the golden light of a Summer's sun is only visible to other Lost.

Right now? The Summer Queen is looking for a place to chill for a little while. Included in this is a rolling cooler of San Palagrino sparkling juices being dragged by its wheels behind her. And whom should she find? Anatole, the Paladin of Shadows whom she respected for his victory over her hated foe.

The Queen doesn't hesitate to head up to and greet him, going into full monarch mode, "Well met Paladin, most noble and respected," without sarcasm no less. "How're ya doing tonight Anatole? Ya thirsty?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

The all too familiar clunk of Talia's boots were once again heard before she was seen. As she entered she could be seen carrying a case of Bud on her shoulder. "Hey everybody! Look what I found" She jiggled the case of beer "Fell of the back of a lorry on my way here."
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sera was on her way to the Tavern; it was time to take an inventory of what they had and what was needed. Sure, Spring was over, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to make sure the Tavern was stocked for anything that might happen! From a party to an injury.

The Treasured was casual in fitted, but torn jeans, a black tank top and a loose, oversized flannel. It wasn’t like, a warm flannel, hell no, too warm for summer. This was more for style and to have something over the tank.

Sapphires soon spot Anatole, and a translucent hand was raised, “Hey! How you doing?” as usual, her tone was upbeat and warm.

The dry heat of the Summer Queen was then felt, the wave offered to her next, “Not interrupting anything am I?” spotting the cooler.

Looks it was going to be a party! Spotting the other Summer, “Hi Talia!” hearing about the beer, “Seems luck is with Summer.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole eyes the other Lost as they draw near. His hand works, slicing away another portion of fruit that he eases into his mouth. He is still chewing slowly - savouring - when the Sovereign of the Crimson Court closes on him first. He inclines his head deeply by way of welcome.

"Well hello summer Queen. No. Not thirsty. This apple is juicy sweet. But don't worry about me. If you seek refreshment, drink."

Talia joins them. The burned dwarf coughs a laugh, hiding it behind the back of his hand. He chews more hurriedly.

"Ha! Between you and Queen Circe, I suspect we will be having a right proper party!"

Seraphina draws his reluctant eye. Both enthralling and magnetic, the Treasured simply becomes the centre of gravity of their group. With a final gulp, the Wizened finishes his mouthful.

"Queen Seraphina. No. Not causing an interruption. Rather, I get the feeling the party has only gotten started. Beer and spiced juices. Take your pick. Anything to take the edge off this heat. For myself I shall finish this apple. Any business? Or are you all like me, simply enjoying the weather."

His mouth vanished in the effusive curls of his beard, which for a moment lent him a mischievous feline air. His eyes snapped between the three other Lost.

9. Likes , liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The Monkey Beast of the Spring Court strolled in, wearing denim cutoffs, flip-flops and a black tank top. Her hair was loose, her smile easy. In one hand she held a to-go cup of bubble tea, which she slurped through a straw. In the other paw, Sonnie held the leash to her dog.

For those who had never seen Fugly before... he lived up to his name. The animal was so mongrelized it was impossible to identify most of the breeds in him. The Claviger's pet was definitely in the 'so ugly he's cute' category. It may be hard to believe that he's a normal dog and not some fae creature, but there was nothing of Glamour in the canine.

"Howdy doo! How's tricks, gang?" Sonnie grinned. Fugly strained at his leash, clearly wanting loose. The Steepscrambler obliged, unhooking his collar. The mutt made a happy beeline towards Seraphina.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

11. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That I shall Anatole," Circe nods her approval to the burnt dwarf's words. And takes action to match. "How are ya doing though my friend?"

"Tally!" Circe cheers at her fellow Summer's arrival. Without spitting anything out in surprise even. Really she didn't, "So fortunate my friend. Ya caught it before it spilt over the road? Very civic minded of ya," she waggles her carbonated juice, "Got my own option here if ya want ta try mixing fer anarchy reasons, oh ho ho ho!"

Circe didn't like the taste of beer. Or most alcohols. She could tolerate it when she wanted to get hammered, but this wasn't such a moment. She also knew exactly what could happen if beer was mixed with certain sodas. Way too much fizz, funny for Circe. Hopefully Talia didn't pay for the beer because Circe finds the mess amusing.

Seraphina's arrival is most surprising for her choice to wear flannel in summer. "Of course, we're lucky Sera, and are ya cheating ta wear the flannel right now?"

What heat? Oh, right, they weren't Summers and didn't benefit from that cheat. "This is why I like being a Summer, what heat is a valid response, oh ho ho ho! But nope," she pops the P, "Like Anny said Sera, party begins so pick yer poison," and Sonja Wu arrives, "Sonnie! Grand, now it is a collection of bad ass fighters fer a party!" Circe looks to Seraphina, "You are cazzo di madre tosta" with a knife my friend."

Then turnig to Sonja, Circe sings, "And those are still fer kids."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

13. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia giggled "It's either luck or I am going to end up on some sort of wanted list. The man tends to frown upon discounts of the 5 fingered variety. Talia turned to Anatole "Maybe we should consider getting a pool but If I get in it its more than likely going to turn into a Hot Tub. Nice in Winter, not what you all need in Summer."

"Although if this one gets in" She casually gestures to Sonnie Wu "It will be hot for other reasons. That bathing suit outfit at the coronation looked great on you"
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

15. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Now that’s a hard pick, so I think I might have to try both.” Though beer was never something she liked, but she was willing to try it again. “How’ve you been?” she asks, “No business for me, was just going to do an inventory of the Tavern, and also, enjoying the weather.” The warm evenings were nice.

“Hey Sonnie!” happy to see her friend. And was that a Fugly?! Laughing, the Nix drops to her knees to better be able to give Fugly all the pets. “Sir Fugly! Good to see you!” you couldn’t help but feel happiness when the mutt was around. “Anything exciting going on Sonnie?” she asks, still petting the pup.

Looking to Circe, “Technically, it’s not a flannel, just looks like it. I might have my crazy moments, but wearing actual flannel in the summer is not one of them.” She says with a smirk and wink. “I’ll give the spiced juice a try, I don’t think I’ve ever had it.”

“If it’s a pool you seek, the Spring Tavern just might happen to have one.” A smirk touching her lips.

Sapphires then sparkle with mischief at what Talia says. Was the new Summer crushing on Sonnie?! Not that the Nix could blame her, Sonnie did look hot AF in her bikini! "Been settling in ok Talia?"
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

17. Likes , , liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread