Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Something Stirs Patrol

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The Kindred of the Domain have been aware that there have been unusual happenings in the Domain. The disgraced Kowalsic shared in open Court about bodies dying after being fed on by Kindred. He advised discretion in feeding. Have you complied with the advice? In recent weeks, you hear the Kine whisper about people who are right there in front of them. Then that person blinks and that same person appears forty feet away! Others could hear young ladies complain that a lady was following an attractive person to pursue a date, only to have the potential beau simply vanish through a doorway.

What could this be? Potential poachers not minding the Masquerade? Some other thing from the shadows of the occult? Would this provoke the Kine to become more wary? That would certainly complicate feeding!

A young lady by the name Cristy Valencia is complaining right now in the night club Rapture in the red light district.
    "He was a really good looking guy. He was dressed nice. Not that that matters to me." She hastily assures a copper skinned woman in a fetching gold dress on the bar stool beside Cristy. "I followed him out that door-"
    A gesture to the main door.
    "- and he was just gone. It kinda freaked me out."

New plot restricted to the first 5 Kindred to post in. This is a short and sweet plot, akin to Hedge Patrols.

2. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Blush; Consume Drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

The rumors first tickled Conner's sensitive ears while he was roaming around the back of one of the local libraries. It was getting warmer, and back alleys were becoming more and more popular for people to hide from the sun and seek out privacy. The initial shock of a Kindred blatantly challenging the Masquerade has Conner less worried than the possibility that something else could be afoot. Arrogance went hand-in-hand with vampires, but there were other fish in this sea. And some of them are no friends to Kindred...

And so Conners finds himself approaching the Rapture looking for answers, but not before securing some extra protection...
    1 success

Conner weaves an occultic perception filter around his sheathed blade before approaching the club entrance. Then he hangs it on the hook alongside his coat, with the piece of clothing providing an additional layer of seclusion. He's dressed casually in a blue button-up and navy slacks. Light, mobile, yet just formal enough to catch an eye if needed.

As he walks into Rapture he hears Cristy talking to her companion. A good place to start. He walks over to the bar just adjacent to Cristy and waves the bartender down. ​"Bourbon on the rocks please." His skin looks more alive than usual, and he begins to feel just a hint of thirst as the drink is slid over to him. "Sorry, I couldn't help but hear you mentioned somebody vanishing. Is a friend of yours missing?" Conner looks over to Cristy and gives both ladies a nod. ​"I'm Conner."

equipment

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

(Two WP for ritual.)Willpower 2 Spent
    PRE

If the Reeve is absent, the domain suffers, the Soldier thought to himself as he set out for the night. The City had fought him tonight, and fought him hard. His first ritual had failed completely earning more than a little ire and a solid set of minutes where Xan had decided to be anywhere but there while the soldier wrestled with his beast. The second ritual, however, had gone much more according to plan.

failure

3 successes

His premise was, he thought, relatively simple. If there was an issue with someone out feeding on people carelessly, then directing the ritual to find the best places to hunt meant, logically, that he was more likely to come across some clue, some hint, that would further lead to discovering the truth behind the situation. The letter from Hazelton had laid out some of it, and he was more than a little intrigued at the idea of encountering a witch given his own magickal practices. Still, there was a challenge afoot and he would be certain to reach it if he could. Making sure that he'd spent some vitae for the blush of health, he let the ritual guide his feet to the beating heart of the city. It made no sense to waste the night out, so he made sure to replenish a touch of vitae used for the blush while he wandered the herds of the Domain.

1 success

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Bookkeeping - one vitae for blush

Jennifer Hazelton

Quartermain found himself outside of a night club in the red light district by the name of Rapture. He finds a woman, intoxicated, looking at her phone outside.
    Conner and Quartermain
    Rapture looked like an ideal place to hunt for the night. A few moments to study the club revealed a woman sitting by herself, a drink in front of her. Her body language suggested that she had put away a few. A few feet away at another table, a man was alone. He was wearing expensive jeans and a cerulean blue shirt tailored to his lean, muscular form. The watch on his wrist looked expensive, as did the gold ring on his right hand. Looking around the club reveals a back area accessed by climbing a short flight of stairs. This back area has several expensive looking booths that look over the club. A blonde woman wearing sapphire earrings stands by the stairs, looking over the club. Her expression looks pensive.

"Yeah," The other woman replied. "Conner? Hey Conner." She took a breath, steeling herself.
    "He was right there and then he wasn't. Hasn't been on social media or anything. Like he dropped off the planet."
    The woman looked Conner for a few moments. Taking him in and making decisions, most likely.

"My name is Heather. This is Christy." She indicates her friend. "I don't think that it's just this bar. A friend of mine, Rodney, says he saw his date wave at him from across the bar at Priceless. Then he was gone."

The bartender brings Conner his drink.

7. Likes liked this post
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"Mr. Wells, I presume," the soldier noted, moving to him as he walked into the Rapture. This was clearly Conner's area of expertise, and he positioned himself just close enough - and yet out of the way enough, to be clear that he would back whatever direction Conner took in this conversation.

9. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The two women look over to R. Quartermain. After a few minutes of waiting quietly for Conner, the two women focus on R. Quartermain.

"Hi. Are you looking for someone? Or have you been seeing weird stuff, too?"

R Quartermain can post

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

He gave a small smile, banking on the ritual's properties to soften his normally severe expression - the warmth in his cheeks helped as well, he was sure. He didn't bother with the lie, he knew he was bad at them to begin with - and these girls seemed on edge.

"Forgive me, but I... overheard, I guess," the soldier replied with a wry chuckle. "Did you say someone vanished? What happened?"

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4

PRE

Another...

Conner turns to acknowledge Quartermain as he feels the ire rise in his soul-gut. Any other time he'd be a bit frustrated, as predators are when something steps on their turf. But perhaps having another Kindred in the vicinity wouldn't hurt.
    "Quartermain! Long time no see." The Ventrue looks like he wants to keep his distance and observe. A Ventrue taking cues from a Mekhet? Oh this is rich. But the young ladies at Conner's immediate side call his attention with their stories of distress. And Conner had enough of a savior complex to indulge them beyond curiosity. "Heather. Cristy. Nice to meet you both." As the bartender hands him his drink, Conner looks up at the second floor. "Is that VIP access only?"

Conner ponders for a few precious moments before sidling in a bit closer to Heather and Cristy.
    "Priceless? Is that close to here? I don't think I've been to that place before." Were they looking at someone's hunting grounds. And are we looking at connected or isolated incidents. ​"I've heard of being blown off, but that just sounds ridiculous. Do you know anybody else whose seen things like this." He shrugs semi-apologetically. "I've got an interest in spooky things."

3 successes

Conner directs a furtive look towards Quartermain and taps his finger on his glass in the direction of the well-dressed man in the corner. Nothing certain yet, but wealth tended to be a smokescreen for some predators. The drunk woman doesn't strike him as a threat or a suspect, but he's more interested in whether the rich man follows the drunk woman out.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Jennifer Hazelton

"That area? Yeah, I have only seen a really well dressed guy, his body guard and a woman... maybe another woman... go up there. Cannot get access at all." She shook her head.
    "Yes. We were right here. He was right over there,"
    Christy gestured to a nearby doorway that led to the foyer of the club. From there one could walk to a bar where the four were now or to further seating beyond.
    "- and then he was just gone. We waited a minute. Then we walked over to the doorway. He wasn't outside. Or on the street. Or anywhere! He was just gone. There was a man standing at the doorway, the bouncer. He told us no one had walked past him out of the club.
    He was watching people going in, of course. And no one had right then."

As Conner asked about her friend, Christy was quiet for a minute. In thought. "I think its pretty close. A cab ride away, at least. I wouldn't walk."

The man checks his watch and glances to the VIP area. The drunk woman is sitting alone.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread