Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Promoting Death Positivity

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Business in Solomon's Green has been concluded for today - that is, Sleeper business. Since the Path had grown to three members, Sacramento's Moros decided to take a look around the Councilor-owned graveyard.

One thing that had piqued their interest: some of the graves are older than the city of Sacramento. Nothing special in itself, since it isn't unheard of for smaller communities or towns being swallowed up by the founding of a city, but even the chance of finding something interesting or insightful was too good to pass up for curious Mages.

And what was more worrisome? There was no ghost activity whatsoever since Eulogy had bought the lot. For the longest time he might have convinced himself that his burial services were just too clean, too good to leave unfinished business behind, but no ghost on a century old graveyard?
    Might as well kill two birds with one stone. Plus, tentative peeks into Twilight around the chapel, where the oldest graves laid, had shown a derelict area heavy with exhaustion. Maybe some in-depth scrutiny was needed.

Maybe this was the perfect opportunity for a Moros team-building exercise. Under the covers of early evening they gathered at the empty graveyard.

Eulogy Sanityawol Corn Fedup Zeromancer ragnarokxg your story starts here.
    Please add your stats, active Spells and equipment to every post (LINK).

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn arrives dressed in somber colors of decent quality - he was visiting Mordenchai after all - appropriate for the weather: Black trousers, gray shirt, jacket. Having shoot Eulogy a message earlier, he steps out of the car with a backpack on his back and looks for the councilor.

Not spells active at this time. Mages would probably realize that.

Equipment:
    Flashlight
    Cellphone
    Leaden Medallion (dedicated Tool)
    Wallet without his ID, a credit card and some cash
    His cross and his wedding ring (I usually don't mention these, but ghosts are ghosts)

In the car:
    His ID, driving license and similar papers
    A change of clothes
    Shovel
    Raincoat
    Cables & jump-start-your-car tools
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes , , Aeolus liked this post

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer arrived with duffle bag in hand. Visiting this place again seemed to pique his interests as it not common to walk onto a piece of land that has such old ties. He was wearing his hooded trench coat, with black t-shirt and dark blue jeans, as well as his black doc martins combat boots. Looking around he had yet to see Eulogy or Corn .
    No Spells Are Active At This Time
    Equipment:
    Collapsible Quarter Staff
    Energy Meter
    Kirlian Camera
    Digital Camera
    Led Headlamp
    Gloves with Runes Imprinted on them(Dedicated Tool)
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

6. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy came out of the office. He noticed the arrival of the other two mages. He approached with a wide smile, beaming with happy vibes. "Thank you both for coming." he said. He glanced around the graveyard noting the various statues and grave markers. Focusing in on the work he had left to do. But that could wait. Tonight was to address a different matter. "My friends. Something has me feeling uneasy. I can't quite put my finger on it but it is a palpable feeling. I am hoping it's all in my mind and you to can help put me at ease. Either way. Thank you.

Gnosis:2 Active Spells:None
    EQUIPMENT: Bone Wand (Magical Tool: Death), Cell Phone, Make-Up Kit, First Aid Kit, Flashlight, Pepper Spray
    • Member of the Caretakers.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Feel free to skip me until you've got your introductions done - I'll be reading along and inject myself when necessary.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Zeromancer approached, he felt relief at Eulogy stating his feelings. He had felt a spine chill when he stepped on the grounds, and though he did feel excitement for what the night laid ahead, he could not shake the feeling something was off. Zeromancer then said "Thankfully it is not just me, I do not scare easily but I have to say that there is definitely something in the air. Didn't help that I felt as though someone stepped on my grave as soon as I walked onto the grounds."

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn nods to both fellow moros.
    "Greetings to both of you gentlemen. Zero, is this... your professional ghost-hunting equipment? Why the two cameras, if I may ask? I am impressed!" he said to Zeromancer . To Eulogy , he said "Greetings councilor, we're here to help. Both of you be aware that I am dead bottom when it comes to the Death arcanum. Mordenchai, are we safe to use High Speech in the grounds at this time? Do you give us permission to use spells?"
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Greetings Corn " Zeromancer responded, "Yes this is my ghost hunting equipment, I used it before my awakening, and have since found it useful to supplement my acquired talents." Zeromancer lifted the Kirlian Camera "This is a Kirlian Camera, it is used to discover energy around objects, or as such can help us find manifested entities or ghosts. The other camera is what I used to document my hunts, it helps to have a digital recording."

@Aeolus I need some extra equipment added that I could have in my bag. Is there any way I can add a digital audio recorder, a Kevlar Vest, and a tripod for my camera? They can be in my dufflebag.

15. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Equipment can only be used once 'bought' in a character sheet and usually only before scenes start. You can have the tripod right now, the other two things I'd say are after the scene has begun and therefore not up in this scene. Sorry.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

+1
    SL
    PRE

I was unaware of how it worked, thank you for the clarification and the extra equipment.

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread