Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Starbucks Mingle the Return

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 28, 2019 : Starbucks Mingle
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze asks Vulture and Corn and anyone else around who wants to hang out or just get a free cup of sugar and cream with some coffee for flavor to head over to a Starbucks on the corner.

"Hey, who wants to head to Starbucks? I'm buying the first round!" Kaze says, grinning!

Inside, he makes a beeline for a larger table near the back and then asks people if they know what they want, and what name they want called out in public, and then heads up to order.

He comes back smiling. "So, talk now or wait until you get some coffee in you?" He asks.

NOTE: The timing of this scene is not necessarily immediately after Sanctuary as any other scenes that started during Sanctuary that have closed are also 'before' this one; vagueness on timeline references are your friend!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

"I could do with some coffee. That's a good idea." Corn said to Kaze . When Kaze returned, he found a jar of homemade peach jam waiting for him. "I had the time to head North and as promised, I swiped that from my mother's cabinet. My aunt's recipe. I dare say that's a good batch she made. Enjoy. I certainly did."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nah, I can talk while I wait. Just black coffee for Dee. Or some variation there of, obviously. It is a starbucks tradition." She reached down to tighten her boot laces, almost an absently fidgety movement. "Got a lot of respect for people who can make stuff like jams and bread and stuff. I know there was a boom in sourdough while I was away, but I entirely missed it. Maybe I can catch up."

She found a chair, and settled in opposite Corn. "So this is where we grill the new girl I guess?" It was in good humor, and she pulled up her legs, crossing them. "Is this a gauntlet style question thing, or something more casual?"

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow, thanks!" Kaze says, enthusiastically grateful to Corn for sharing his aunt's home made preserves!

"Yeah, I do some calligraphy and that's about it for making things, unless you count acting performances, and that's...something I'm working on." Kaze says with a grin. "I admire people who make food. Okay, honestly I just like food, I guess, and the home made stuff is usually amazing!" He laughs. "Our company has some people, a guy who is always baking, and another person who makes her own beer. Pretty cool."

He shakes his head, "Only whatever you want us to know about you." Kaze says seriously. "Like, do you have any questions?" He asks. "Sounds like you got a job and a place to stay already. Is there anything I can help out with? I have a pickup truck I can help move or pick up stuff?" He offers.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To the question about the gauntlet, Corn chuckled and waved off Vulture's question. " Nothing like it. For me, the 'gauntlet' was a drinking game and then a movie." After Kaze offered to help, Corn nodded his agreement. "I don't have a pick-up truck, but I would help if possible. So... do you have any relatives that you keep in touch with?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and turns to Corn. "Hey, you know, that offer is good for you too, since you don't have a truck."

He says, "We should probably go first anyway. My life is pretty unexciting. I mean, I have a small-ish trust fund, so I don't have to work. I'm still kind of figuring out what I want to do. I got a place near the university, and have taken some classes...and I just took a flyer and signed up for a play, auditioned, got the role and kinda got bit by the acting bug!" He grins.

"So yeah, I've been doing some auditions, and looks like I'm going to be in a pilot episode of a tv series they're trying to sell on Amazon. I mean, it's a really lucky break, even though there's no guarantees, I mean lots of pilots don't get bought for a series, and a lot of the time they recast a bunch of the characters from the pilot even if they do pick it up."

He looks at Corn. "I think he's got something way more exciting going on than I do though; he's engaged!" Kaze says, grinning unabashedly!

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I don't think being engaged is so exciting, but Case seems to think so." he said to Vulture in reply to Kaze 's enthusiastic report.
    "But if indeed the offer is there, I may take you up on it, if and when you're available, as I may need to move a few bulky things to the Company's headquarters, you know, the one with the clock. I do some renovation there and some used equipment that I can easily fix would be useful.
    "

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Sure, anytime!" Kaze says when Corn talks about taking him up on the truck thing. "Just text me when you're ready."

He smiles, "I basically got a truck as a nice little ice breaker anyway, it's handy for me, but it's cool to be able to help out."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Looking over to where Vulture has disappeared, waiting for her order, Corn asks Kaze, "do you have any old electronic equipment that is broken that I could take off your hands? There are minutae of precious metals there that I will use the lab I am making to extract. Not enough to make a serious profit, mind you. So I hope if you have a broken cellphone somewhere that you won't ask me to buy it. Just the electricity and heat to power the furnaces would be more or less how much the metal is worth. "

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Corn's request and concern that it doesn't sound like he's going to get rich using Matter on broken electronics.

"Nope. But, I know how to get to some good junk yards, and I have a truck." He says, grinning. "Sounds like fun. We should check it out sometime."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread