Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Astral Dive II) The Staircase

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Like the great Westminster Abbey it is modelled upon, the Circle of Creation has a number of side 'chapels'. For the most part they are empty spaces imbued with little more than a gothic romance. They do come in handy for meetings outside the choir - the common area - both open and clandestine; and they have served as the backdrop for both kinds over the years.

The Moros Campanella has organised a more open meeting in one of these side chambers.

Futons, mattresses and assorted blankets cover the floor; and now the Mystogogue is going around dropping positioning cushions and pillows as well. In the middle of the space is a small table of carved dark wood. The piece alone would command the space but on this occasion it is outclassed. Sitting on the table is an austerely ornate pyramidal sculpture in what appears to be a bronze metal. The object commands the room and even the former Hierarch moves around it giving off a sense of respect.

In one corner, far from the table, is a rocking chair positioned so that the sitter has a good view of the entire space.

The pyramidal sculpture represents one of the few spoils of war from the contest with the Seers of the Throne. Aurora, Phoenyx and others liberated the sculpture from a Seer haven at great cost. Campanella watched over his Cabal-mates as they delved into the object's mysteries and he is preparing to do the same again for his peers.

Phoenyx Xadun Puck Xander Crystal Aeolus Skye LadySin your adventure starts here

Please enjoy.

2. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal arrived wearing something he deemed comfortable enough for the occasion. That's not to say that any of the pieces he wore was cheaper than 50 bucks - just because its sweatpants doesn't mean it has to be trash, after all. He carried a lose bag over his shoulders, containing two bottles of water, a soft blanket and a can of peanuts. Basically he prepared for a Supernal trip.

At least, that's what he told himself to calm the anxiousness he tried to keep in check ever since he agreed to Campanella's suggestion. It was his mentor that ultimately talked him into it. You can't be afraid of the Truth, you have to delve into your sould and find your true potential. Ugh, to think that his mentor was the straight one.
    He was kind of right though: Sacramento was meant to be the Warlock's rehabilitation, and there had been times where he was more careless. Too careless, but that was beside the point.

Entering the designated space, Crystal's eyes were immediately drawn to the pyramid. "Whoa." Why has this piece not been included in the Athenaeum's index? This certainly beat a paper on Sleeper Alchemy. Only after he admired the centrepiece fully did he notice Campanella. "Hi there Campanella, how are you?. That's pretty nifty, what is it?" This was no official Order meeting, so he figured there was no urgent need for formalities.

Active Spells: -/-
    Equipment: -/-
    Willpower 3/6
    Mana 6/10
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Next to arrive was Puck. Like Crystal, the Enchanter was dressed down for the occasion. Sweatpants, a T'shirt, and a hoodie all in bland amalgamation of greys and whites. Boots and a thick ski jacket finished the ensemble as he pranced into the side chapel.

"Sup?" Chin ups to the crew for the day. His attention swiftly travels and settles on the pyramid, circling it as he gives the object the once over. ​"We scrying Egyptians or something?"

Seriously, who builds pyramids these days? Except that one in east Sacramento. Or Las Vegas. Shoot, people still built pyramids didn't they? This is why small town folk need to travel more.

6. Likes Aeolus, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The First Talon makes her way out of the Tower of the Circle and across the central quad. She is dressed in her usual practical attire - her red top and training pants, knives at her hips, but seems to be walking barefoot across the fashioned stone of the corridor. Noticing the other mages enter she lightly picks up the pace, entering the room just in time to catch the last of Puck's sentence.

"No, this is not an artifact of theirs," she replies, not noticing his casual tone. Pheonyx offers a nod to Campenella and makes her way slowly around the others and towards the pyramid. "I had wondered what happened to this. I suspected Alastor and Aurora passed it over to the Mysterium, though I am glad to see you have taken care of it." she says to the former Hierarch with a small smile, before looking towards the newer mages. "This artifact was recovered from a stronghold of the Seers of the Throne almost two years ago by myself, Councillor Aurora and my predecessor as First Talon, a Magus called Alastor. It was attuned to the spheres of... Space and Prime?" she glances towards Campenella for confirmation. Her tone is simple, not trying to overrule Campenella, more relay simple and direct facts. "I take it the Mysterium has uncovered something about the object?"

Equipment: 2 knives (one as focus), cellphone

Active spells: Supernal Sight, Life shield (In minisheet)
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

8. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella placed down the last cushion as Crystal and Puck arrive.

"What is it? I believe it to be an Artefact. Quite possibly an Obelisk." To Crystal.

"No. Nothing to do with Egyptians." He gave the Libertine a chuckle.

He falls silent when Phoenyx makes her appearance and responds to her nod with one of his own.

"Yes. It found its way into the hands of my Cabal, rather than the Mysterium. As it was a spoil of war I would like to return it to the Consilium as a whole - once suitable arrangements can be made, of course. This Obelisk is attuned to Space and Prime. There is some... aspect... of Time as well - from what my own research has indicated. However the main purpose of this Artefact is to ease passage into the Astral Sea: the Artefact is keyed to a point in Astral Space and those who sleep near it are projected to that point directly, rather than having to swim down through the Oneiros first."

"It bears mentioning that the 'point' in Astral Space appears to be some kind of infinitely looped staircase. I conjecture the Seers were using it to explore some select dream realms - but as to what purpose they did this, I cannot say for sure."

He paused and moved, somewhat dramatically, behind the table and the sculpture.

"My Cabal has dived the staircase already and I can say that it is reasonably safe to use. I offer the chance to explore the Temenos - the Astral Sea - to you now."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

10. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck's arrival was met by a reasonably friendly nod. The collective subconscious dreamscape of the sleepers might be big enough for two handsome blonde guys, but Crystal wasn't really sure on that, "Heya, I think I might have seen you at the Sanctum once - Puck, right? I'm Crystal." His ego screamed at him not to introduce him a second time, but who knew what kind of tests or random encounters were to met them over there. He was doubly sure of any teaching shenanigans since his mentor was pushing for this so distinctively.

The first Talon was greeted less enthusiastically. Partly because she reminded the Warlock of another stick in the mud, partly because she entered with a whole lot of questions already. Plus, Kaze's stories about her filled his mind. Yuck.

Campanella answered those less private questions, but he left plenty up for their imagination. Self-centered people might have read into the fact that the Obelisk was attuned to Space, Prime and Time - all the Arcana of interest to Crystal - , and the Mastigos might have been a willing buyer into that narrative. He had all the information needed to delve into whatever Campanella was trying to get them into.

As long as he was not thinking about what he was getting himself into he was game.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes continue looking at the pyramid, but Phoenyx and Campanella get a tilted head to indicate his attention. So the artifact had a history. Were the Seers still looking for it? What did Campanella's cabal find on their drive? Was there a particular mission objective? Should he be saying this out loud?

"Are the Seers looking for this?"
    His attention finally deviates from the pyramid, looking instead for a comfortable place to lay down. "And what was found during the last Astral dig?"

Was it a dig? Were they Indiana Jones-ing this? Puck sure as hell was. He gathers a small forts worth of pillows before settling down by one of the mattresses. The Enchanter kicks his boots off to one side without a care for where they end up and he begins building his mound of pillows at the head of the mattress.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx nods as Campenella describes it, frowning slightly. "I have not ventured much into Astral Space. What sort of dangers are we likely to encounter?" Always business.

Despite the difference in Crystal's greeting she seems not to notice, completely indifferent to the levels of enthusiasm.

The Obrimos turns to Puck. "All the Seers we encountered in our attack were neutralised - none we saw escaped. If there were others in the building that made their way out, they would have to do break through the wards of the Circle to find it, unless it has left he building since then. It is not impossible." She shrugs one shoulder. "It has been two years and in that time we have not seen nor been attacked at the Circle by any such recognisable form. This does not guarentee that there were not individuals looking for it, but if they are this is one of the safest places I know of for the Artifact to be."

The Arrow takes a seat in front of the Artifact, folding herself into a Lotus postition. "Do you have any final advice?" she asks Campenella.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

16. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella smiled faintly and ran a finger under his nose when the Libertine Puck Xander moved to build his pillow fort.

"I doubt the Seers will be hunting for this in the short to medium term. With any luck, they won't even know it is gone. As I understand it, the Seer Pylons... the Ministry ... that held sway here has been - ah! - dismantled. I suspect our trophy will be lost in the general chaos of that. At least, that is my hope."

"The last excursion was simply to scout. They explored the staircase and took a walk in one of the attached Dream Realms. They did have to fight a monster of mythology, however, so it is safe to say that you will need to be on your guard. The Astral Space is no dream and what happens there can affect you... here. Its why I'm going to keep watch and if I see any changes to your persons, I'm waking you all up."

He turned away. He was not going to reveal everything that Star and Briar Rose had been up to on their trip. He focussed his attention, conveniently, on the Arrow in their party.

"Briar Rose described movement in the Astral as being a mix of imagination and raw power. From that I conjecture that you could, theoretically, move great distances with but a thought. Individual Dream Realms appear to be like bubbles, but thier surface - if that is the correct term - have a habit of pulling you into the dream space; I would be mindful of that. My Allies completed the narrative of the Dream they wandered into and they were able to pass back out again; I don't know if you need to fulfil the narrative of the Dream to escape it once you enter. Nor do I know how far you can travel from the Staircase if you so chose."

"When Star and Briar Rose ventured to the Stairs, the place was empty. Again, I have no idea if that is the site's normal state, or if you will meet any thing there on this journey."

"I trust you will keep that in mind."

He moved from behind the table to one of the windows.

"Do you need me to get some incense to help settle you in, or are you prepared enough?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

18. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

All right, Supernal artifacts were way more impressive than ridiculously good looking people, Crystal got it. That, or Puck was making a point - whatever that may be. Crystal shrugged and listened to the exchange of information while taking off his shoes, choosing a comfy looking place and putting down his bag.

"Waking us up will instantly get us out of any danger?" That sounded too good to be true. "And is this thing keeping us together or can we get lost somehow?" That was of some concern - he neither knew nor really trusted those two and couldn't blame them if they felt the same. The last Awakened scouting the Astral Realm have been a cabal while the people present were anything but. He didn't ask about dream-narratives and how to know when they were finished - those were probably questions Campanella couldn't fully answer. He just memorized everything the former Hierarch said, took out his blanket and got fully settled.

"I won't say no to incense." One Supernal trip, coming up!

Active Spells: -/-
    Equipment: -/-
    Willpower 3/6
    Mana 6/10

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread