Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The hotel Jack directed Twist to was ritzy to say the least. Nice cars, valet parking and a ground-level bar packed full of businessmen and women winding down after the long day. Jacque waited near the less frequented east entrance, keycard in hand waiting for the arrival of his guest. After greeting the Succubus, he led her through the door into a nearby elevator, swiping the keycard across the sensor to activate the higher floors where their destination ultimately was.

As the doors parted, there was only a short hallway with a single door facing the elevator. He used the keycard for one last time, and held the door open for Twist to enter the suite. It wasn't penthouse quality by any stretch of the imagination, but it was private with a large living area with sectional seating, a separate bedroom and an open balcony. Small tables were placed at the center of the balcony and living area that displayed cigar boxes and crystal decanters filled with some kind of spirit. The view consisted of open fields facing Westward, interrupted briefly by a large construction effort and then to the borders of the international airport. The view was unobstructed from a seated position thanks to the glass panel gating used, but such a view was not for those who feared heights. The sky was pitch black, save the lights trailing like ants at the distant highway and the occasional overhead airplane coming in to land.

Turning to his guest he smiled and swept his hand to his surroundings, "Please, your Grace. Make yourself comfortable." After a moment, he motioned to the cigars and drink, "If you wish to indulge in any social habits I'm happy to provide."

Blood Hunt:

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bookkeeping Blush

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiled in greeting to Jacque as she approached. She was dressed casually for the evening, her pants hugging her curves even as her cream sweater wrapped her upper half in thick fuzz. Hair pulled up to leave only a few tendrils free to frame her face. If it wasn't for her walk, the shared glance with the occasional passerby, she would have looked almost demure. But she was Daeva and even with the heavy top and simple hair do she left behind her a trail of thoughts wondering if the sweater lay against skin the same way the pants clearly must.

Stepping fully into the opened room, she took it in quickly. A "Thank you," was offered easily as she moved to one of the tables with a decanter. Unstopping it, she glanced to Jacque with a raised eyebrow, a silent query of if she would be pouring one or two.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Please," the Lord affirms as his countenance softens. He moved his way to the opposite side of the table and waited for his guest to sit before he did. "I've found that not many enjoy partaking in these simple pleasures." He motioned to the decanter, "Michter's makes an outstanding bourbon." And of course it was aged 25 years.

His eyes drifted across the Succubus, carefully measuring his words, "So, you saw firsthand how effective my work was at unraveling the webs of Kindred lies. I'm eager to hear your thoughts." His tone hinted a pride in the work itself, leading into the veiled uncertainty of whether or not the Judex agreed with his actions.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pouring, she restoppered the decanter and moved to join Jacque, handing him his glass.

"A dangerous habit to fall into," Twist commented as she settled herself into a seat. "Such pleasures," the word rolled on her tongue, the Daeva in her including so many more activities than just drinking, "help us remain within the world of the Kine. If we start to abandon them, even the Blush won't help."

No doubt there were some among the Kindred who didn't balk at this thought. Who were fine with the idea of being the hunter in the shadow, never seen, only feared. But she was not one of them. And she did not feel that Jacque was either.

Lifting the glass to her lips she let the liquid touch her lips, breathing in the heady aroma before answering him.

"I must admit that I was not expecting a live demonstration so soon, but yes, it was effective." Her lips turned down slightly at the memory. She did not regret what was done, only that it had to be done. Why had Edward dragged out the event? Why had he forced her hand?

Smoothing her features, [colors="663366"]"Unraveling may be a bit of a stretch though,"[/color] she said with a small wry smile toward the Lord, the barb not meant to sting deep. "It exposed that there was something, but we still do not know what. Unless you have some knowledge I do not...?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I agree, wholeheartedly," he responded as he lifted the glass to take in all of the sensations the bourbon offered. "It is always refreshing to find another who... appreciates that fact."

"I had not expected an opportunity to present itself so quickly, but his choice in the contract language following his earlier protests," a hand flitted with indifference, "It piqued my suspicions."

Steely eyes followed the Daeva's features, "I..." he paused before conceding a nod with a chuckle, "I suppose that's fair." Lifting a shoulder, "Truth be told, I'm quite perplexed with his commitment to whatever he was hiding. Clearly it was something that he felt would cause him to break his oath as written."

Considering her question he muses, "No, it remains an enigma to me. The experience certainly revealed the resistance the victim can put up since they retain their free will. It seemed as if he was trying to find a distraction or an out, but given the circumstances and the audience," He shook his head, "He was too off-kilter to be effective."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was never one to play the shy maiden and she did not shift under his gaze. Her pose the same, a langorous one, the glass dangling from delicate fingers, occasionally swirled. A smile touched her lips briefly as he conceded her point, glad that he had not taken offense at her correction.

"I am not even sure it is that it is his commitment that confused me. More so the theatrics of the entire event. I was not lying," her eyes flickered to his for a second, knowing the implication of the statement given the topic of conversation afterall, "when I said I was willing to accept those with existing standing not swearing. Why then if he had it did he not simply say so?"

"Truly I gave little time at the meeting,
    her free hand lifted to wave that option away. "But at the ceremony? Why argue when he simply could have stated that from the begining?"

She herself had grown in the past years. Learned a better appreciation of talk and subtlety, but still she prefered the direct and clear paths. She could not see what gain Edward's actions had.

And it seemed that neither could Jacque. Reassuring in a way but also frustrating that she would leave tonight still unknowing.

"Yes- that is likely an aspect pulled from the Daeva gift's contribution to the skill." Many struggled to understand the appeal of Majesty given that, especially compared to the direct abilities of Dominate. A view that she did not share.

"But with this we now at least know that there is something. Something that ties him and pulls his loyalty potentially elsewhere. Without us having to ask a single question." And that was why she did not share the view. Oh, to have a direct answer to a question was all fine and good. But what room did it leave the victim to offer more? To show options that would not have even been known if the victim had not willingly, of their own free will, offered up their own words?

8. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque considered her perspective, "It is hard to say to any degree of certainty, but since theatrics are often a tool to aide lies and deception..." His words carefully toned as a personal, educated guess as opposed to trying to teach his guest anything on the matter, "Maybe he felt he could successfully manipulate the Oath to something he could both uphold and remain loyal to his...'something'" He shrugged a shoulder as he lifted the glass to wet his lips, "I imagine after the demonstration in the meeting he might have felt the need to have a physical commitment to Sacramento, even if it was an empty one. It is hard to think it could happen, but some of his revisions were accepted initially by the Lady Notary. He might have had a reasonable sounding lie to explain away the other revisions had I not intervened."

"It is certainly something to consider," he muses about the Daeva's contribution to the power. "It is and was potent as something unexpected; a secret." He tilts his glass into a swirl as his hands gesture with his words, "But, it has a dependency for others to be aware of what is happening too, so they know how to react." He grins, "Considering his phrasing, I would bet that if you had revealed it was me who sealed his tongue I might have received my second challenge to Monomacy. It is the only reason I could think of where he'd specifically accept it from you but possibly not from another."

He glances to his guest, "At least there won't be a next time for that particular circumstance. After tonight, I'll defer to your wisdom in leveraging the power." It was one thing when only he could, but to do so when the Judex may have chosen not to was a far more dangerous game.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Maybe so," Twist said with a small frown, her voice distant as her thoughts lingered on the topic.

Twist tilted her glass toward him in agreement. She was fully aware that Edwards acceptance of the use of a power against him had hinged greatly on the belief that she had been responsible, if not the one to fully enact it.

A sharp smile flickered briefly toward the Lord, dark eyes acknowledging what was between the lines in his promise. "I appreciate that," she said, a touch of wryness in her words.

Lifting the glass to her lips she took an actual sip of the amber liquid, letting it roll over tongue and down throat before continuing, her tone easier. "Shall we move on to more new topics though?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque returned the wry smile. Still careful, still cautious with his words and actions but far more confident than he was in their first encounters.

"Of course," he agreed. The topic had run its course. "Did you have a preference? I could bore you with an outline of my ambitions within the covenant," he offered ruefully, "We could dive into the work you came here for," His lips curl into mischief, "Or you could share just how often Myah Torsione goes out on the dance floor and puts everyone else to shame."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread