Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC couldn’t stop thinking about Richard Harper. It definitely didn’t seem like coincidence and it certainly sounded like the man he’d fed on the earlier night. Had he made a mistake and killed the young man? He’d checked for breathing. Right? There was some slight doubt there. His training was in the psychological, not the physical, but he also knew that sometimes people didn’t die immediately when mortally wounded.

Then there was the niggling idea that this was the work of someone else. An enemy from another domain he had fled. An enemy of this domain. Maybe even his Sire. Seeing if his resolve could handle this news.

And he had to admit. He wasn’t exactly handling it well. He’d skipped court. Withdrawn. Stewed in his thoughts like his predisposition led him to so often before. Going over every scenario. Future casting within his own mind. He knew it didn’t help but it was insidious.

Finally though, he forced himself to act. Just take a small step. Confirm if there had been a breach.

So, he’d returned to the Wrangler Bar tonight. Not so bold as to go inside immediately, he stood on the other side of the street for now. Taking note if the police were still there and looking for patrons coming out to question. Or perhaps feed upon. The Beast didn’t care a wit about his anxiety. All it knew was that he hadn’t hunted recently due to his isolation and it was hungry.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

As JC looks over the Wrangler Bar, he doesn't see any sign of police presence. There is a chance that there is subtle presence, perhaps observation form plain clothes investigators. Would the death warrant such manpower and scrutiny? JC did note two people nearly immediately exit the Wrangler Bar.

The first was a human woman, curly blonde hair pulled into a half ponytail and fair skin. She wore a blush pink top and had the black apron tied about her waist, signalling that she was wait staff. An order pad, pens and some rolls of silverwear peeked from various pockets. She exits a side door and leans against the wall, her slight chest moving quickly. She inhales, holds for a few beats of her mortals' heart, and then exhales. She appears emotionally disturbed.
    The second person he glances to immediately alerts his Beast that this is not a person at all. Her Beast rolls across the parking lot to meet yours. It packs a powerful punch. BP 3 Just as your Beast is reacting to it, it is slyly Cloaked. When you look up, she is lookng in your direction. She looks to be an unassuming Latino woman, but her stocky body is well-muscled. Her short, straight black hair is brushed back and loose. She wears a loose brown nylon jacket, jeans and sneakers, and carries a small backpack.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Before he could think too much about questioning the bar's staff, JC felt the familiar irrational fear rise unexpectedly. The Gangrel instinctively pushed back against instinct. Hard. While also reaching for the hateful change he'd wrought into his mind. Hate strong enough to turn the fear into rage.

However, even as he did so, the Beast settled as the Latina's taint vanished from his senses.

Not that that stopped the anger. He still felt the change in attitude deep inside. The protectiveness and territoriality. The need to challenge. To fight. To kill.

JC took a breath, to steady himself, then (with a quick check on the street) began to hurry over to the woman with the small backpack. He didn't recognize her from court. Could be she was just a newcomer. Could be she was poaching. Could be she had killed the young man in the bathroom. Could be some part of him wanted to confront her on why she was here.

"Excuse me," he called out, both trying to get her attention and keep her in public view. Though, if she was the one who had killed, maybe the Masquerade wouldn't stop her from attacking anyway.

JC activates Aspect of the Predator

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yeah?" The woman glances around the parking lot, apparently scoping out who's there. Besides the blonde woman, it's very quiet. She stops walking and waits for JC.
    Satisfied, the woman gives JC a once over. JC can see a scar peeking out of her shirt, possibly an old claw mark, right on her collar bone. There's another small line, possibly a healed knife knick, along her right thumb as she hitches her back pack up.
    "Haven't seen you around. You new? I'm Simone. Just ran into some folks - Dirt something, pretty one named Mable - who were working for the Law. You don't look like you run with the one with all the pretty words." A smirk.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Fairly new, I'm JC," he greeted her. However, several facts were already spinning into shape within his mind. New he may be, but not so new that he hadn't attended a formal court and he was pretty sure he hadn't seen her there. Granted, not everyone stood out but JC considered himself to have a keen eye. And if she hadn't been there... "Don't think I've seen you around either. You come here often?" he asked indicating the bar. He might have a poacher on his hands.

He left the topic of Dirt Nap and Mable aside for now. He wondered if he should text them. Confirm this woman's story.

Jennifer Hazelton

" Well, often enough. I've been in this area for several months. I go to the right function when it's mandatory, but I don't hang out. Fancy dress isn't my thing.". She glances over to the bar.
    " I was just following up on something weird. I had caught a rumour that came out of the ... " She drops her voice, even though they seem to be out of earshot of anyone. "Club at Nox. I have been inside the bar, and confirmed that there was an unfortunate death. I don't have the Haunt's contact with the police, though. Trying to decide if I should call him.. he creeps me out. Is that not PC?"

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC wasn't entirely convinced. Again, court could be busy. He hadn't committed everyone to memory. Still... something about her story stank. A Nos with police contacts? Alex was the only male Haunt JC knew and police contacts had never come up, however briefly.

JC gave a cheeky smile to hide his inhibitions "Not exactly PC but not exactly wrong either," he said jovially. He had to keep her talking. "But I think I heard the same rumors. Would you be up for a pow wow?" he asked, getting out his phone and starting to text. "If there's something going on, it'd be good for everyone to be on the same page."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Sophia or Quinn your Club Leader? I'm always up for a talk with someone who doesn't have a stick up their butt. Is Edward one of those? He had a freaking cane, which makes me wonder... But he wasn't offensive. Not the way Kowalsic is. Burns me up he has a kid, too. Going to turn that nice girl into a snob on the Estate, too.
    I don't want to talk too much here.. did you need to go in for a drink?
    If you're good, I have a quiet sort of have we can have real talk. About a ten minute walk.
    I'm okay if you need to text a buddy the address. It's 212 Sycamore.I'm always telling my fam where I go somewhere new with someone in just met. You mind."

She makes no attempt to hide texting " Melanie" you dead yet. Best tell twist all that shit you did, and if you come near my guy again, I'mma going to beat your ass. You know anyone named JC"

A second text goes out, again, the phone is held in her hand if JC wanted to read over her shoulder. This text is a group text to "Preston, Dirt Nap, Mable' Although she would notice.
    " you know someone named JC? Possible taking him to 212 sycamore"

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

A couple texts came in on JC's phone, seeming to confirm the woman's story. While it did help assuage some fears and wrath, Dirt Naps warning still kept him a bit on edge.

"Sophia," he replied looking up from the screen to respond "and I'm good without a drink for now." A hungry part of him disagreed but this was more important.

He gave a small smile at her suggestion "I think that's a good idea," he said, to multiple parts of her suggestions. Though she didn't wait for his reply before sending out the texts. He sent out one of his own.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Okay. Its just over there." Simone indicates with a jerk of her chin. She walks at a leisurely pace, leading the way to where they can speak privately. She does turn her head and scan behind her occasionally, or tilt her head and seem to listen intently. She eventually leads to a boarded up shop that looks to have been partially demolished. The shop appears to be well secured and boarded up, yet she lifts a section of board far enough to sling herself in through the window. She will wait for JC to enter the same way, and leads him away from the boaded up, dusty store front. She stops in a small room in the back of the store through a reinforced door, and this room is kept clean and well swept. A glance at the door that attaches to the store reveals it is a reinforced door - no hollow core here. It features two formidible and top of the line locks.
    A low light lamp sits on a counter, as well as a navy blue duffel bag. A walkie talkie is set beside the duffel bag, looking to be remarkably new. Two cell phones are attached to a portable charger, beeping green. Two straight backed chairs are in the corner. The place is spartan, not having the feel of haven proper.

As they were alone, she evaluates JC. She openly looks him up and down.
    "Priscus Quinn is my Priscus." She informs him. "I stay out of politics and most of the meetings, if I can help it. I am aiming to become a Hound. Why were you in the parking lot?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread