Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

True to his word, Anatole organised a meeting to discuss a plan for a shared endeavour: whether that be a large Hollow or a property the Freehold could use as a shelter for homeless Changelings; perhaps both.

He picked an 'off day' when the theme park was closed, and more importantly, they would not be disturbed in the old 'haunted house' which the Autumn Court claimed as its own. The dwarf found a suitable room - one with a decent table and chairs - and left a note on the front door to guide his guests through the rambling old house's many rooms.

Digging through the house's accoutrements, he found a caraffe and some cut crystal glasses. The carraffe he filled with an 'original style' lemonade; the glass ware he arranged on a tray. To this, he added a chocolate cake (carefully hiding away the box which indicated he had bought it from a supermarket). Cutlery, plates, glasses, and carraffe were arranged in the middle of the table.

Anatole deposited himself in a seat at the head of the table and waited.
    Vincent Titania Shane James Turner

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James knew that the haunted house over a meeting room had to have a significance but he was having trouble nailing down what it might have been. These were the thoughts that worked their way through his brain as he followed the criss-cross corridors of the, thankfully, quiet house. He eventually found the sign and slid into the room. His eyes drawn to the table and its spread, looking to Anatole and offering him a smile. He hadn’t been expecting anything but a meeting room and a discussion. He held up a thermos in his other hand though.

“I brought coffee, seems like it’ll go with the cake. You didn’t have to do all this, really.” He slowly slid into a seat to Anatole’s right setting the thermos on the table within reach of the chairs as well before bringing his hand up to stifle a yawn. “Sorry. Long days.”

Goes by the name: John

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She arrives fashionably late.
    It isn't the first time she's visited the Haunted House and it won't be her last. She comes carrying an offering of sweets from her favorite bakery.
    "Hello", she chirps. And you could almost tell her radiant smile is illuminating the room.
    In alternative, it's her wisps.
    "Oh", she stops in her track, noting Anatole's basted table. "Thank you for your hospitality. Mr. Anatole"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Nonsense! I'd be a poor host if I didn't put up something. It is my Court's Season and I did call this meeting. Besides, it wasn't like the food and drink was expensive."

To emphasise the point, Anatole rose so he could cut the cake and pour the lemonade.

He looked over the table at the Whisperwisp and the Telluric.

"Well. I wont bandy words. Eh I bought up forming a motley at the coronation feast. And at some point, Titania bought up the idea of doing something for the Freehold - a place for our kind to stay when they were passing through or in need. I don't think we had explored the idea much before the end. So... Let's work something out here
    ."

He finished and sank back down into his seat, idly toying with his glass of lemonade.

"I'd still like us to consider a motley. I feel that James and I have an understanding; and Titania healed me. Unasked. No thought of favour. So let us say I feel a little indebted. If building that motley means building some sort of safe place where our kind can crash when they pass through the Freehold, so be it. I can put some cash resources for renting our outright buying some property - if we want to go down that path. Otherwise I'm very happy to carve something out of the Hedge."

He drank the lemonade.

"To be honest I'd prefer the Hedge. Less questions. Less prying eyes. The Hedge has its own problems but curious neighbours won't be one of them."

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

Titania was the kind of girl that stopped music when she entered the room, it was hard not to notice her enter with the vacuum she created. It took him a second to get back up to speed after she arrived. He couldn't argue with Anatole's logic, he knew the dwarf was right but still didn't want to put him out.

He followed lead though and cut himself some cake but poured coffee instead of lemonade. Chewing over Anatole's words about a motley both physically and literally as he swallowed the cake, teeth biting into his bottom lip as he mulled over the decision.

"Similar temperament I'd say." His agreement added to Anatole's words on motely. "At least one of the new Onyx could be a good addition too, but I'm biased." A shrug given, knowing that naturally he'd be more in line with other Winters before most people. "I have a little cash too, and a good idea of how many doors might be around an area in the hedge. The hedge can be frightening but a useful tool to have. Same for the reel though, it gives you an anchor and another vector for escape if needed."

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"I'm not against the idea. But can we secure a suitable location, then?", she says from the edge of her seat, paying mind to not spill any of the tea she's careful pouring in her teacup.
    "Milk?", she asks pouring one to her bearded companion.
    "I'm not too keen on violence. So the Hedge poses several logistic problems to me. And I'm still looking for a mundane occupation. That's why I suggested a mortal establishment"
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Eh. Milk. Please."

Anatole looked at his empty glass.

"Making a Hollow isn't so hard. Just takes time to hack away at the Thorns till you got some space. I don't mind doing that."

He leaned on the table.

"But... OK. Something on this side of the Hedge. I guess it all depends if we simply want to invest in a residential property like a house or a flat. Now, if Titania wants a job... We could look at setting up a small business - a boarding house or motel. Both have advantages: a simple house won't cost so much of our resources, but we would have to be very careful about neighbours. Ordinary folk have a habit of noticing strangers coming and going, if you get my drift. A boarding house or a motel - well, we' need to get used to bureaucracy and get some funding. But! People coming and going won't be a problem so much. I guess it will depend on how much effort and investment we want to put in."

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“I can also Scout the hedge ahead of time, so long as nothing claims it as their turf I don’t see any issues.” A soft shrug of the shoulders as he sipped at his own cup of coffee needing much more of the caffeinated substance than not. As Anatole spoke gears turned in his head, a soft hmmm escaping his lips when the dwarf finished.

“I mean, we know a motel that burned down already. Probably wouldn’t take much convincing to have the owner collect the insurance money and walk away. We’ll have to deal with Anne’s Orchard sooner rather than later. Have the motel be fresh housing for new folk, if they feel like they need to repay us there’s a goblin fruit garden right there, can even have that garden be a community garden. Another point, outside Funderland, to bring us all together. I know that's not exactly avoiding violence Titania but the Orchard is a problem that will need addressed, it's possible we can find a less violent resolution to that conflict.”

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Here you go", she says passing the teacup to the dwarf. The last exchange made her pensive. They wanted a motley, it was an important step, a pledge sealed and blessed with the Wyrd. Was she ready?
    "Well, if funding is a problem, maybe I could start working to collect some cash", there are people that could probably use somebody with her talents. Her mind goes back to the detective and his associates, the kind of people that would kill for a doctor who doesn't ask many questions. And there's also her looks, a modeling gig, perhaps? Or work for the local drama theater? PR for one of the lavish clubs downtown? Lot of opportunities.
    She's never been hard pressed for cash before.
    "Look, I'll be forward. I don't condone violence, but I understand that sometimes it's necessary", she nods. Well... "I just don't believe our current leadership has what it takes to plan and win a war. And so I just want to avoid unnecessary tragedies. Because I won't always be able to bring somebody back from his deathbed", to put it politely. Truth be told, the real review was a lot more scathing.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

11. Likes Shane, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"We do? We do!"

The dwarf's eyebrows rose; follow on from that gesture, Anatole's hands moved violently and he had to stop himself from slamming a palm down heavily upon the table.

"We do... It's worth following up - if you feel you can safely reach out. Don't want too much exposure now. And you're right - assuming we could swing it, no one would be the wiser. We would be new management. Plus the fire will most likely have driven off any other ... annoying ... human connections that were using the place for cover of their own.."

He started running his chunky fingers through his effusive curls.

The conversation veered back to the Freehold's current predicament; the dwarf lapsed into silence and waited.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread