Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Sanctum The Bush Beyond the Curtain
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Bush Beyond the Curtain

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Natural fibers and clothing is always best when messing with the shadow realms, anything artificial feels itchy and wrong. For todays summoning Anima has chosen a set of cotton scrubs with a galactic design. The swirling galaxy displayed a mimc to the swirling thoughts in the shamans mind.

Materials gathered around in his garden he awaits the arrival of one Master Aurora . Skin tingles with the excitement and prospect of the future. Part of him hopes to convince the wise woman to step across the curtain, while part of him hopes she'll convince him that is a foolish idea. The spiritual doctor stress eats while he waits. Several orange peels already deposited on the table next to him, he sits back in a wooden lawn recliner and peels another.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sometimes it was about comfort, and sometimes it was about wearing whatever looked good. The Shaman was usually somewhere in the middle. So today it was jeans, a black loose-fitting tank and her leather coat.

Parking her car, she walks towards the garden area of the house, an energy drink can in her hand. Caffeine was a necessity to life after all.

But she wasn’t expecting to see her fellow Shaman in galactic themed pajamas….or scrubs? She wasn’t sure which, but goes with it.

“What’s up?”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima brightens as Aurora approaches.

"Hey, it's so good to see you Aurora. I'm happy you took me up on my offer." He rises wiping the sweet citrus from his mouth with the back of his hand. "I've gotten word of a spirit in my neighborhood that's been... campaigning might the word. I thought I'd give it a summon and see what's up. It seems to be of a natural origin, a bush spirit, perhaps a hedge fence, that gained influence on the area."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a sip from her drink, “I took you up on the offer because you shouldn’t summon spirits alone.” She still didn’t like messing with spirits. “And I suppose leaving it alone is not on the table?” what was it with people and spirits? She never got the draw or attraction to them. “Spirit is not my thing; I’ve used it a handful of times and try to avoid it. But I’m willing to help you.” Against her better judgement.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

He chuckles at her reticence, "Aw, yes leaving it alone is not off the table. Especially if it's coming around my home. You don't ignore a stranger when they come calling, you find out their intentions." He throws the old peels into a compost bin and grabs a wet wrap to wipe off his sticky hands.

Are you Adept in the study of Spirit or would you like my assistance to perceive the Shadow? "
    Con Spells Cloaked

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging, “Well, ignoring a stranger depends on quite a few factors for me. I’m not as open and friendly as I used to be.” There were reasons.

“Spirit has never been my main focus, but I’m a Disciple in it.”
    She wasn’t really looking forward to this. Last time she messed with Spirits, she almost got herself and some friends in serious trouble. “What is the plan if this Spirit is not friendly and means harm?" always know the plan before going in.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The doctor pauses. What gave him pause is not immediately apparent. Aurora's strength in Spirit or the idea the spirit might be unfriendly.

"If the spirit wishes harm, that would be important to know, it keeps coming around. If it's capable of reaching across the gauntlet, then it will be commanded and cast out. If it cannot, then I'll know that I have time to take precautions and protect my sanctum from it in the future. I plan to first send out a request for Guardian Hedge to visit. I'll rouse the spirit of my phone to deliver the message requesting its presence politely. Should I be denied, I plan to use a Disciple's Practice of Weaving to remain in the material and summon the spirit, I'll question it to determine its intention and role in the area. The gauntlet should protect us from any attack from it. If it's capable of reaching across the gauntlet, then it will be commanded and cast out. If it cannot, then I'll know that I have time to take precautions and protect my sanctum from it in the future if it is not a benevolent entity.
    "

He studies Aurora as he speaks, looking for a reaction to his response.
    Con Spells Cloaked

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Glancing around, “At least there’s a plan. I hate going into things without some sort of plan in place.” So they were doing this. Ok. “I’ve found that polite is always the best way to go with Spirits. Though some don’t seem to care and still come with a chip on their shoulder.” But, whatever. “I just hope we can keep it as civil as possible and not have to deal with a pissed off Spirit. You’re taking lead on this, so, whenever you’re ready.”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

With Aurora's blessing Anima speaks hauntingly in High Speech, the words giving life to the grey sigil taking form in his aura.

Turning to the table he draws a small, spring loaded bench made. He taps the cellphone with it, more willowy words chanted as resonance flairs and settles. The improvised spell's yellow sigil is strikingly similar to Life, the uniformed chaos of its lines. Anima creates the sigil, improvising the spell with ease.

<Wake up buddy, I have a message I need you to deliver>

3 successes

failure

3 successes
    Con Spells Cloaked

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Anima feels the spells weigh on his Pattern.
    Aurora doesn't see anything just yet (no spell factors indicated) but she does feel a prickly wave tickle across her skin.

Anima watches as his spell takes hold of the cellphone. The roused Spirit emerges - or bounces, rather - from the slick, shiny, communication device like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis, or a particularly excited hummingbird.

The spirit appears as a swirling ball of light, zeroes and ones, with overly large, feathered, wings.

The Spirit twitters at Anima and he makes out in the babble of noise -

<<Yes. Yes! Message I take. I fly!>>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread