Watch

Paradise Beach

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Paradise Beach is a little bit of a hike from the free parking, and once beyond the sign saying no alcohol is allowed at any time, there isn't really any indication of where the beach is, just an unmarked trail through the sand and foliage. It's not really that easy to find, and that is why it is relatively uncrowded and unspoiled, and no one collects any fees or enforces the rules. Park Rangers sometimes come through to make sure no more bodies are found in the river, but even that is a hit and miss thing, and on any given day or night the odds are that people will have the area to themselves.

This is where Kaze has gone to spend the afternoon, arriving at about noon and carrying some beach chairs and coolers with Hebrew National, all-beef hot dogs and cokes of all flavors and water bottles in an ice chest. He didn't make a big deal of it, like planning a party or anything, but he did mention in passing where he'd be and that he'd have extra food and drinks if anyone wanted to hang out.

Kaze is hanging out in solid black swim trunks.

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius could feel sand between her toes with the first step onto the beach proper. It was a little bit rough, and she regretted her choice to wear flip flops. That unpleasantness aside, she enjoyed the warm breeze blowing against her legs, which were bare except for her high-rise jean shorts. A baggy zip up hoodie completed her ensemble.

She moseyed her way over to where Kaze had set up shop, relieved she was able to find the right place.

"I think Starbucks was a bit cozier." she broke the silence with a joke - attempting to get his attention and hoping he would remember their earliest meeting.

=====

(Hope you don't mind me party crashing )

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles when he sees that it's Mobius apporoaching. He seems pretty alert despite the idyllic setting."Oh hey! Um, 'Julie, right'? Long time no see! Wow, yeah that Starbucks thing didn't really work out for me. It's okay though, it just kind of brought some stuff to a head that I needed to put behind me anyway. It's all good." He says.

"I'm going by 'Chase now'. I had kind of some HR issues after that, but I am off probation now. And...not to TMI, but that girlfriend I mentioned last time? With the motorcycle? We broke up, mostly because I got serious about church." Kaze says with a sincere and open tone.

"Anyway, how have you been? Are you good? I think you were looking for an apartment or just found one? I think I volunteered my truck to help you move or something? Oh, sorry, here have a seat. I got soda and water." Kaze gestures to indicate a couple ice chests and some folding beach chairs set up.

Unlike the last time Mobius saw him, Kaze has no spells in evidence (they are cloaked) and his aura is like a sleeper's.

So glad you joined the scene! It's open to any mages! Welcome back!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

(Expanding body mastery to last one day.)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

She had heard of the event and they had even spoken about it during their month together.
    It had taken her several trips to various thrift stores to find some swimming wear she actually could both afford and like but dammit now she was here.

Arriving jogging in wearing her training clothes or MMA outfit which ever you believe it is, her bow carrying case hanging on her back and one of her two knife holders attached to her back in her belt her ever trusty waterskin is along.

Running up to Kaze just in time to hear the last of his words.

"See what did I tell you, you always volunteer that thing SC you really do love it right?"

Looking towards the new face and then back to Kaze.
    "Damn she with you? She is helluva cute"

Turning to the new one.
    "Hi I am Skye, may I ask your name? Do you want a hug or are you a bore that is overly afraid of the things it comes with." Not sure she was a mage hence it was best to be careful.

Leaning down to Kaze and softly whispering umm she is awakened right?

Her focus going back to the new girl.
    "So you single and do you prefer boys or girls? Or do you just prefer some fun in between the sheets I am always down for that."

Looking back to Kaze.
    "I mean unless this one here proposes to me that is but he seems on the fence about that for some reason. Sigh."

Shaking her head as she throws of her shoes, ahh it was so much better being barefoot.
    "Sorry i tend to ramble on quite a bit anyway I hope I did not scare you?"
    Looking at the new girl with warm kind eyes.

8. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Warm weather meant getting out and enjoying it! And it had been years since she had been swimming. So this outing was a perfect excuse to get some in.

Though the area not allowing alcohol sucked. It meant she couldn’t bring some of summer ale she had finished. But, she’d survive and packed a small backpack with some water and energy drinks. Because the addiction to the caffeine was real.

Walking up with a towel over her shoulder, a hula hoop on the other and cut off shorts, she waves to Kaze, “Hey! This is a great spot!” she compliments, dropping the towel and bag.

A wave was offered to Mobius, “Hi, how’s it going?” her smile friendly, her tone upbeat. She was here to relax and have fun!

A chuckle more to herself then anyone as she listens to Skye. This girl had one hell of a libido.

Slipping her tank top off, revealing the top half of a red colored bikini, and that hula hooping for most of her life had paid off, “How you doing Skye?” her hair was up, so her scarification would be noticeable on her shoulder blades.

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Yep, Julie it is." she replied, settling back into the ease of an acquaintance.

"HR problem?" Probation? It definitely sounded like there was more to be said there. She paused a moment to think about Kaze's now Ex, and she let a small frown tug at her lips. "I guess that might make it harder for me to get that bike ride we talked about." she patted his shoulder and pursed her lips with as much empathy as she could muster. Before she could answer him about her move-in someone else arrived.

This girl was a sight, for sure. Bright pink hair, active wear, and draped in survival gear like she was going on a low-key bear hunt. All that, and Mobius was still unprepared for the flurry of questions that came her way. All-in-all she was certainly amused, but also a little flustered at how forward the girl was.

"A hug is fine." is all she could manage, opening her arms awkwardly. "As for the rest, let a girl have some mystery." she laughed, bashfully.

As Aurora joined them, Mobius did her best to wave back confidently. "Hey hey. It's going. You?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

If there was a cosmological law it’s that Guru wasn’t going to miss a party. There was literally music as he approached the group, a cloud of “smoke” billowing behind him as he walked but that’s all due to the vape pen in his left hand. His right was wheeling a blue cooler that was clearly filled to capacity. He himself was wearing a pair of red swim trunks, black aviators hiding his eyes, his messenger bag slung across his shoulder, and a towel around his neck.

He was well built and not afraid to show it off, skin glistening in the light but that was mostly due to the banana boat sunscreen he had on. No point not to protect his skin, non-magical means were always the preference where available. He offered a bright as can be smile to the group as he wheeled the cooler up next to Kaze’s and let it drop with a thud.

“So I brought burgers, veggie burgers, cheese, and vegan cheese for those with the preference. I have soda water spring water, and water…” he winked at that last one. “I got herbal refreshments in different strains if you’re feeling so refined.”

He laughed as he shifted the messenger bag around and pulled out two Bluetooth speakers and used the suction cups on the bottom to stick them to the lid of the cooler. “Thanks for hosting man, this was a fantastic idea. I’d offer you a hug but like 90 percent of the time people turn it down.” He said to Kaze with a shrug looking for find a place to put his towel, and set his messenger bag taking another deep drag of the pen. "Good seeing you all, how's everyone doing this fine day?"

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Local authorities show up.

Skye's bow and knife are taken, and she is left with misdemeanor and park fines of $1500 to be settled before leaving. She's lucky she wasn't arrested.

COUNTY OF SACRAMENTO
    Department of Regional Parks
    Park Ranger Division
    Sacramento County Park Ordinances

9.36.060 Firearms, Air Guns, and Other Weapons.
    No person other than peace officers in the discharge of their duties shall use, maintain, possess, own, or discharge any firearm, air gun, spring gun, bow and arrow, slingshot, or any other weapon potentially dangerous to wildlife or human safety, except in areas, at times, and under conditions designated by the Director for such use. A violation of the provisions of this section is a misdemeanor. (SCC 576 $ 1 5, 1 983.)

9.36.035 Penalties
    b. Except as provided in Section .9..3.6:.0.3.5.(e), every violation of Chapter 9.36 constituting a misdemeanor, is punishable by a fine not in excess of five hundred dollars ($500.00) or by imprisonment in the County Jail for not more than six months, or by both.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

16. Likes Shane, Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey Skye! Glad you could make it!" Kaze exclaims when the pink haired Thyrus comes into view. She moves too quietly and through the wilderness for him to sense her coming before then. "Nah, I told you, I don't love the truck, I love using it to help people." Kaze says, smiling. "The truck is the cheapest thing I could find. I honestly think the last owner rolled it." He laughs. "It's a good work truck though."

Kaze laughs at Skye's appraisal and prompt proposition of Mobius. "Julie, this is Skye." He says with a smile. "Don't worry; she's cool. She has no problem respecting peoples' decisions." He doesn't say anything to interfere beyond a basic introduction; he seems to remember that Mobius appreciates being treated like a grown up and not a fragile person needing protection.

"Skye, we talked about that! You know I couldn't propose to you when you aren't ready to be tied down to just one person!" Kaze says with a smile.

"Hey, Madison!" Kaze greets Aurora, "Glad you found it. Yeah, it's really nice, quiet place. The water is cool too, a little dirty with silt and leaves, not like the ocean, but still good for swimming." He says agreeably. "I was talking with Skye about doing a surf trip to the coast sometime. Drive the north route, so we don't have to through San Francisco. This is just like a 'testing the waters' thing! It's great that we're still in the city and don't have to drive three hours to get here."

Kaze observes a moment of respectful silence to the hotness that is Aurora as she slips off her tank top to enjoy the sun in her bikini top.

When Mobius confirms what he remembers of the name she goes by, Kaze nods. He doesn't comment on her questioning tone about his HR trouble. Maybe sometime when they were in private and secure.

He smiles as Mobius works out how things are going to be with Skye. Yep. Grown up.

"Oh hey!" Kaze says, waving when Guru comes into sight, the young apostate having smelled and heard him before then. Walking around with your own personal soundtrack that everyone else can hear being the opposite of subtle and stealthy.

"Glad to see someone else ready to go into the water!" Kaze smiles, "Call me 'Chase'. I don't know what you go by?" He asks Guru.

He nods at Guru's thanks and considerate non-offer of a hug. "It's cool. Thanks for bringing non-alcoholic stuff. I am cool with other people doing whatever floats their boat, but the park rangers do come through here sometimes, and I don't want to cause any trouble. I plan on packing up at sunset like the sign says." Kaze explains.

And speak of the devil. Kaze is thankful for Skye's calming presence, and for himself Kaze does his best to de-escalate and represent their gathering as a law abiding, respectful affair.

"Yes, Sir. We will Sir. Thank you, Sir." goes the discussion from his end, said with complete sincerity. "Thank you for your service."

After the local authorities are gone, Kaze says to Skye. "I am sorry, Skye. I should have said something when you first got here. Hey, I will totally help with the fine, no worries. And you know, there's that one lady from work; we can ask her advice of the law about getting your stuff back. Or if you want to make new stuff instead, I can help with getting you material." Kaze offers, consolingly.

18. Likes Shane, liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Throwing her arms around Julie and giving her a warm hug, calmly speaking as she does so.
    "Nope I do not like them this world has to many better to speak ones truths right."
    Slowly letting go and looking at her.
    "Hope we can get along well and do not hesitate to ask me out ok."

And here came Guru he was always a welcome sight, his words were not nice to hear though.
    Walking over to him and giving him a hug.
    "Well me you can always hug you little giant."

Shaking her head towards Kaze.
    "Nahh you love it, doesn't matter if it is because you can help with it or not so does it still have a symbol for something you wanna do and as such you love it."

Laughing a bit as she looks to Julie.
    "He is right there, I am not one to force things and I do listen I do have these habit of making up nicknames for people at times though hope you won't mind that."

Stretching her body as she gets prepared to dress appropriately.
    "According to you, who knows what would happen if I would just get a date but then again my work does require a lot of me that is true."

Frowning a bit as her bow gets seized, all these man made laws were not things she did enjoy and part of why she preferred the woods but resisting would just cause harm for the future and her stay here would just get soured so compliance was the best option. The loss of the knife was not really major though it would be easy to replace such a thing.

Looking towards Kaze and smiling.
    "Yeah as said laws are not my forte, the knife doesn't matter but I do would love to get the bow back if possible the fine is not for you to worry about though. I am not so feeble that I cannot find my own way to make money perhaps this is just what I needed to actually do something proper seeing as archery lessons are out for a while so maybe gymnastics I do am skilled there as well. I would very much like you're aid with how to pay them though since I assume they meant it needs to be settled before I leave the state if my memory serves so are you always within your right to set up a payment plan so it should not be impossible to handle. Might take a couple of months though."

Ohh well ce la vie if that now meant what she thought it did, throwing of her clothing to get down to her
    two piece bathing suite
    before wheeling of to Aurora. It had some minor stains on it though and was clearly bought second hand but at least it fit her and she had one that was all that mattered right?

"Hiya there Adi all is well with me how about you? Any new shows happening soon?"

20. Likes Shane, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread