(Nexus I) Sonnie, Emily, and the Crew
Apr 25, 2020 - May 14, 2020
(Nexus I) Over by the Bar...
Apr 29, 2020 - May 8, 2020
(Nexus I) National Security
May 10, 2020 - May 11, 2020
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

Hmmm, what a nice day it is, Jack thought as he exited the research building for his lunch break. He continued walking at a leisurely pace towards the union while listening to the birds chirp and feeling the combined effects of the warm sun and the cool breeze whipping at his plain T-shirt and khaki cargo pants.

Going on my second week in Sacramento, now my first day at my first real job in programming, and already I've experienced more than I ever expected
    ... To think that I've Awakened and already have someone who will teach me!

An excited chill went down his spine as he reached for the door handle to enter the union. Once inside, he looked around for a sign pointing to where the food court was.

My mentor said that I should try seeing if I could find other mages at the university... Well, what better place to look than someplace that attacts loads of people?

He began forming the mudras, picturing colors and symbolic senses emanating from people and places where normally there wouldn't be, just as his mentor had told him.

Supernal Vision

Jack squeezed his eyes shut as he realizes that it didn't work. Cursing a bit, he reminds himself that it'll take him a while before he can cast simple spells reliably. Let's try to form the Imago a bit better this time...
    2nd time's a charm!

Yes! I did it again! Jack contains his pride with just a simple nod to himself, then follows the arrows to the food court.

Trench
    Trench

Ryan was busy chomping down on an apple while going over some history books from the library. Studying took his mind of things. Focusing on learning made sure he didn't have to dwell on things. Things like Granite Park and seeing a guy that had been helping you through this Awakening thing die from conjured flames for example. Or being told by a guy that shot you that you should leave college, change your name and hide somewhere from suicidal Banishers. And another would be-
    Stop it Ryan! That's not helping you in any way. His brain scolded him before he could go any further.

He leaned back and took a deep breath. "Wonder when Morris will come and get his car back." He muttered before leaning forward again and continuing. Better to stay focused on work than do nothing but think about whats happened.

PRE

((OOC: I don't know what restaurants are actually there, so I'm gonna just take some liberties there.))

Jack weaves his way through tables towards one of the restaurants that serves standard American fast food. While waiting in the long line, he decides to look around.

Hmmm. I don't want to seem too weird, so I'll limit my scrutiny to people sitting alone...
    Chance die to finding Ryan

Jack sees a girl typing on her laptop and decides to start with her.
    Scrutiny on the girl

He sees that she is just a Sleeper. Not dismayed, he moves forward in the line.

Trench
    Trench

Ryan frowned a little. Did it just start feeling weird here? He shook his head and continued munching on his apple and staring at his books alone. Not much going on other than the sound of Ryan eating his apple.

Chop! Munch, munch, munch....

PRE

((Don't want to delay the thread too long...))

After ordering his burgers and a drink, he glances through the crowd for more loners and sees a man eating an apple with piles of books in front of him. Less chance of him being just a blog or facebook groupie...
    Scrutiny on Ryan

Aha! I knew there'd be some Mages here. He then turns back around, sipping on his drink and waiting for his order number to be called.

Trench
    Trench

Chop! Munch, Munch, Munch...

Huh. Never knew that about Machiavelli. Ryan though as he turned the page. Now his mind was off everything. He couldn't be happier.

PRE

Tray in both hands, Jack weaves his way over to the fellow chowing on the apple. Seeing that his shadow didn't disrupt the man's eating and reading, he clears his throat. "Excuse me, wouldja mind if I sit here?" he asks, paying no mind that he has a hint of a Chicagoan accent.

Trench
    Trench

"Huh wha?" Ryan snapped back into reality as soon as he heard someone speaking to him. He looked at the man, blinking for a second before nodding. "No, I don't mind man. Go ahead." He said, indicating the seat.
    He was starting to notice the weird vibe the guy was giving him. [i]Another one?

PRE

Jack looks at all the books spread out while unwrapping one of his burgers.

"So, what're ya studying?" he says before biting into his first burger. Gotta find a witty way to bring up mage stuff without tipping any Sleepers...

Trench
    Trench

"Eh, nothing major. Fall of Troy here, Russian Revolution there. Machiavelli in this one. World war one here." Ryan said as he started rattling off several more books he had in front of him. It was one of the few moments in his life where he has to wonder if he's reading to much.
    "Sorry If I'm boring you. What are you studying?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread