"Come with me", the Kruegan's Arrowhead lieutenant says gruffly, like a badly cliched strongman as the car doors pop open. Dex turns, leading them into the building.

"So what, you have a guard of 5 people down the street posted? To keep watch? Has trust really fallen to that point here?" asks Kai.

West motions for Azrael and Circe to come with them, as he weaves the fabric of Time into a shield which he drapes over them, as well as Kai and himself.

Dex grunts his response. "Those aren't our people." At the back of the ground floor there is a service elevator. Dex steps in and hits the button for the top floor.

"So this will be our second compromised meeting? Those guys sent my spidey sense flying. At least this time we aren't trying to hide in plain sight," presses Kai.

West shrugs, unsurprised. Apparently something had the Arrows of Sacramento spooked enough to 'turle up'. He leaned over, murmering to Kai, "Remember what Uriel used to say? 'Shoot first, and let a Moros sort 'em out...'."

Dex actually laughs a little when he hears the joke. Sticking his hand out to keep the elevator door open he asks, "Coming up?"

Circe just shook her head at West's comment. "Like you guys dont make my job complicated enough already..."

"You should see how much we complicate it for the other guys..." Kai chuckles.

The elevator grinds its way towards the top floor. When it arrives, the door slides open and leads to a short hallway with a concrete floor. At the end of the hall, a door is marked: Roof Access.

Kai looks at West "got your wings ready?" He heads for the door.

The door opens up to the blinding light of day, and then then their vision focuses onto the greenhouse structure. Feel that rush, like fresh air. REAL fresh air, more pure than you ever experienced before you Woke Up. It didn't look it, but this is one hell of a Hallow.

West rolls his eyes and readjusts his spells.

The door opens and Dex ushers you in. By this time in their careers, pocket spaces no longer surprise West and Kai. Azrael and Circe are a little overwhelmed. Not too many of the Arrows are in the sanctum, but the place is full of equipment. Mundane electronics, a couple of files, weapon racks, barrack cots, and a small television.

And there is Armadia. "I need to talk to you about what you've been doing the past couple of days."

West shrugs. He's been shrugging a lot since he's been in Sacramento. "Sure, what's up?"

Kai doesn't shrug. "And exactly what do we NEED to discuss?"

Armadia turned to Kai "Guys, remember that call you gave me? Inhumans in Sacramento, right? At the time I thought to myself, la dee freakin' da, tell me something I don't know. Then you guys decided to make contact. Contact guys. Unauthorized. We might've been able to keep this swept under the rug, but at some point that you were out there a Guardian operative spotted your asses. So what we need to talk about is what comes next. Who and what were you guys talking to, how much did you tell them, and how much do you trust them. Start talking, and don't leave anything out."

"You now have TWO meetings with us that have been compromised, and you are complaining WE made contact? Unfortunately, it seems in this city there is no way NOT to make contact. And as for information, I wouldn't tell anyone anything, and I may have an in with the vampires. And I think that's as much as you need to know, Warden," responded Kai.

"So you didn't tell ANY of these freaks that there are Mages in town? None of them know anything about us?" Armadia asks you directly. The look on her face says no bullshit like no other look could.

West shrugs. Again. "Yep. Perhaps if you had told us what we were dealing with, or contact protocols, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You had plenty of opportunity to tell me anything you wanted when I called, instead of thinking 'la dee da'. So this 'holier-than-thou' attitude isn't playing very well. Cut to the chase: what do you want to talk about?"

"I didn't have to. The one I was talking to knew as soon as mages started flinging spells at his club. Or does it come as a surprise to you they can spot us too? At least some of them. You may need to become better acquainted with your surroundings." said Kai.

"Fuck."Armadia's clearly got to think this one over. "Fuck it all! Listen guys, not your fault. Normally this kind of shit wouldn't happen, but everyone's spooked the hell out right now. I hoped you guys would have known better than to tell a bunch of monsters about us, but I wasn't there so I don't know how things went down. Somebody made the call from on high, contact with the freaks is forbidden, sharing secrets a Breach of the Mystery. Of course, the same asshole forgot to tell everyone else."

Kai replied, "Listen, I'm done with my jabs at you. Please drop the idea that you are any more in control than any of us. We are all floundering. Since I couldn't track the resonance, I went out exploring Sacramento. And it just so happens one of the leeches crossed my path. A nice guy actually, and picked me out in an instant. I'm not going to discount my sources out of fear, especially when we don't know what the hell is doing this in the first place.

Now, there were 5 guys that saw us coming this time, and a mage who picked us out the first time. I have to tell you, I'm a hell of a lot more worried about other mages than vampires. As for not talking to them, we can stand in a corner and act like they wont figure out what we are eventually, or we can try to make allies, even shallow allies, until we know that the hell we are fighting. You should read Sun Tsu's Art of War. Az, please show her the picture we came up with earlier."

West looks irritated, a mixture between Armadia's words and Kai's choice to respond diplomatically.

"And don't give me any fucking lip either Kai. I'm here to help, Arrows stick together," Armadia replied. "We heard the Guardians wanted to bring you in, so we knew we needed to get to you first. As for this meeting being 'compromised'? Fuck that. Those Banisher pricks can rot outside for all I care. They wouldn't dare take a shot at an Arrow stronghold, they know just how bad we'll hurt 'em."

West shook his head, "Don't talk to Kai that way. Period. Your silly meeting at the sandwich shop was blown to hell. You decided to tell us the ROE was 'don't get eaten'. Now you're going to act like you know what your doing? That's a joke. You shame yourself, Banner Warden."

"Pride goes before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall," quoted Kai. " We are in no position to underestimate any enemy."

Azrael reached into his pocket and pulled the picture that Kai had drawn eariler at the bridge. He smoothed it out and offered it to Armadia. A bit unsure what to say at this point as West started to return fire. He wasnt offical an Arrow yet so he kept his mouth shut.

Kai said, "That picture is the picture of a mage responsible in some way or another for an accident that occurred on the bridge, You'll have to let me know what you think of the artwork."

"I'm sorry, clearly you jackasses are closer friends to the elf-princess than to your own damned Order," replied Armadia. "And maybe you guys wish I had rather not have stuck my neck out for you, maybe you'd rather I'd have let the Guardians get you first, huh?

Because you wouldn't believe how much Silver Ladder ass I had to kiss to get them to hold off. And for your information, no I DON'T think I'm in charge. And you need to understand that. Every move we make has to pass by a damn stamp from 9 Chain, and every decision can be vetoed. Every time that someone on our team messes up, or somebody gets spooked because of Mr Wells the vanishing douche, or those Banishers pick off an Initiate who wanders off alone, this Cabal takes the heat, and the Guardians take more control. Welcome to my world guys; we're second fucking class citizens."

Armadia finally takes a look at the illustration. "Not a clue. Dex, you know this guy?"

Kai takes his drawing. "Well, when you are ready to work with us jackasses in the future and put on a happy face, you let me know." Kai turns around to leave.

"That's enough, Armadia. I'll either have an apology or a Duel," West says. "You don't talk to my friends or myself that way. Despite my lack of respect for you, I've managed to refrain from name-calling."

The situation is getting out of hand. Dex steps in and pulls Armadia aside before the other Kruegans in the Sanctum get any ideas. Quietly: "Hey, come on. Don't get all worked up over this."

He turns back to the Neidan. "Guys, two seconds with me outside please."

Kai heads outside without missing a step.

West doesn't move. "I'm not worked up. I just won't tolerate that type of disrespect. The Second Phalanx of the Adamant Way demands this. I will have an apology, or a Duel."

Kai turns around to watch. He knew West was serious at this point, after calling out the Adamant Way.

Azrael shook his head, "Look we've already had an entire city get wiped out of all its mages. We dont need the members of Orders trying to wipe each other off the map. Houston was bad enough with Mages turning sides to the bloodsuckers. You told me Baltimore neary wiped itself clean with a Mage Civil war...We dont need this right now..." He looked at Armadia. "If your a second rate citizen thats on you head for letting them gain power like a group of god damn nazis.."

As Armadia and West look in silence at each other, Kai motions to Azrael to stand down. "There's no way for them to just walk away at this point. The Arrows very much subscribe to the Eastern Philosophies of Honor."

Dex turns back to look Kai in the eye. "Really buddy? Because it sounded to me like you guys brought the disrespect first. Armadia does everything in her power to keep you guys out of the Guardian's slimy fingers, and not only do you decide that you're too high and mighty to say thank you, but you insult her leadership and her judgment.

You didn't know the protocols of the town? Yea I'm sorry, but neither did we. You gonna talk like it's her fault that a Guardian shows to an Arrow meeting? Guess what buddy, they're in every meeting in this town, and eyes in every corner."

Armadia moves forward. "No Dex. I've got this. Mr West thinks he's better than everyone else, that he can just walk all over our hospitality and then muscle us into submission. Well let's just see about that. OK, let's talk ground rules."

Azrael looked to Kai. "I dont have an issue with the fight for Honor. Its the timing. They wanna duke it out for who has the biggest set of brass ones I'm all for it. Do it later. Can we put it on hold until this situation of disappearing mages is resolved. I'd rather find out who or what caused the situation to avoid it happening again."

West cocks an eyebrow, "Oh, I don't think I'm better than anyone else. Nor am I trying to 'muscle you into submission'. I'm just reminding you of a very basic tenet of our Order which you seem to have forgotten."

West shakes his head, "I'm not demanding this for my honor, Armadia, I'm demanding it for yours. You seem to have lost it somewhere along the way."

A man far in the back of the room stands from his seat and moves forward carrying himself very much unlike a warrior, a serious expression on his face. He and Armadia share a look for a moment, and he shakes his head.

Ladder Envoy casts Teleport

And he is gone.

"Square the circle Dex," says Armadia.

West steps forward and locks eyes with Armadia.

Armadia forms a spear of light and a rolling wall of blue flame. The corners of the expansive glass room dim, and the circle bounding the dueling sorcerers squirms with phosphorescent tendrils. Her face contorts like an African war mask, and the Duel begins.

A globe of hazy, dream-like images envelopes West as his hands burst into flame. West brings his hands together, and a ball of fire erupts, which is engulfed by the blue flame.

Armadia's shield arm guides the flame as if she held the reins of a ravenous beast, its hungry blue maw chomping at the bit. Her spear flies out like a hundred lucent crystal needles, but they are waylaid by gentle dreams and fall dormant.

The fire in West's hands shifts, turning into crackling lightning. "Honor Is Your True Name," West says calmly, as lightning arcs out, and pierces the blue flames. "Yield?"

"West, you have no idea what you've done." is Armadia's only answer. Her empty right hand whips about face and West's shield of solid thought quivers for a moment but remains firm.

"Die Every Day," replies West, as the lightning arcs through the flames again. "Yield?"

"I can't believe I stuck up for you, you backstabbing piece of shit!" Scorchmarks over her shoulder and side, Armadia is growing harried and wearier. She releases the reins of her flame and signals, a phantasmal warrior standing to defend her. Her magic causes time to stutter, to steal away the moments that West takes a breath. But her senses are clouded by West's swirling defense, and it does not phase him.

West looks at Armadia's fatigue, and replies, "Serve Mandates, Not Individuals."

The electricity crackling around his hands sputters and dies. "I will not serve your pride any longer, Armadia."

"I yield."

Kai looks a little surprised, and then bows to West. "Well played. It's time to go. We don't need an apology anyway." Kai looks at Armadia. "You have shamed the arrows Armadia. We have no idea what you had done for us, and now we shall never know, because now we just don't care." Kai motions to Circe and Az to leave with them.

The Kruegans fall silent. Armadia slumps onto the floor.

"Yea, yea." She whispers, and that's all she seems to be able to say.

"We serve the Ladder, we don't bow to them,"
West murmurs to Armadia and the Kruegans as he leaves with the others.