Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
It Really Happened

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

Valkyrie watches Ghoster's chest stop moving as she works feverishly to stop the bleeding.

It would have saved most people, but there's just too many deep cuts, and too much blood has been lost.

As she looks at the pale face, she realizes she's half on a street curb, probably with a bent axle, in the middle of the night. Her own wounds begin to ache now that the adrenaline rush is fading.

She has no idea where Ollie is, or if Ghoster had family to call.

At least it's stopped raining.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Logos...

Guy...

Ghoster...

Ollie...

sigh.

So. Very. Tired.

She replayed the last, what? Twenty Minutes? God, that seemed like so much longer. She replayed it in her mind,looking for mistakes, errors, things that she could have done differently. She doesn't know if she could have done anything differently, or even if it would have helped.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough. I'm sorry I couldn't save you." She doesn't know if she's talking to the now-departed Ghoster, God, or just herself. She supposes that it doesn't really matter. You know, she thought to whomever was listening. I've seen it before. I've seen it alot. People dying. It happens way more than most people would suspect. Fights. Car accidents. So many way for people to get hurt, and that's before all this weird shit gets factored in.

She sat and contemplated the situation while she used what Mana she had to soothe away the worst of the pain.
    Spoiler

Then she starts looking through Ghoster's possesions, hoping to find some kind of ID, or a even a cell phone.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

Rummaging through the blood-soaked clothing only turns up a cell phone, a Glock, and a bit of money.

Although wet with blood and water, the cell phone still works.

Scrolling through few numbers, Valkyrie sees the following in the address book:

Captain, Finn, & Ollie.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

She only takes the phone, leaving the Glock and the money where it was.

She looks at the address book, and makes a startling realization; she either can't trust or doesn't know any of these people. What's to stop them from ignoring the situation or running when things start looking bad?

Her car was probably ruined, and she had no way of moving it, and there was the matter of Ghoster's remains. Also, she was seriously hurt and her door was stuck. She did the only thing she could think of.

She took out her phone, transferred the numbers, then called 911.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan was heading in the direction in which Fate had pointed him. Turning a corner, he saw a few blocks ahead a car halfway onto the curb. He pulled his car in behind the stopped one... he thought he could see some movement from the front seat. Before getting out, he quickly calls on the Sybil's Sight.
    Spoiler

Moving to the driver's door, he glances in and notices two people, but only one moving: a young woman it looks like, but it's hard to tell with all the blood.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Val's holding a blood-soaked bandage up to her head with one hand and mumbling into a cell with the other. She's looking at the not moving passenger and obviously did not notice anybody approach. She seems tense.

Ollie
    Ollie

PRE

Ollie makes it about a block or so from the park before he slips and hits the ground hard. He lays on the empty street in the pouring rain, gasping for breath.

They're all dead I let them die I couldn't save even one of them

He pushes himself up off his belly into a sitting position, leaning his weight on one hand. He shuts his eyes tight, tilting his head toward the sky. The cold rain mixing with the hot tears that have begun forcing their way out of his clenched eyelids. A shuddering sob wracks through his body.

His mind keeps replaying the events of the last half hour. The deaths of Logos and Guy, Ghoster's bleeding form being mauled over and over by the undead. The horde of rotten creatures rising up behind Valkyrie as she struggled with Ghoster. The moment that he turned, and ran. All of these images run through his head like videos on shuffle and repeat.

I should have stayed and died too

He looks down at his shirt, soaking wet and stained with blood and the fetid rot of the dead. He pulls it over his head casting it aside where it lands in a soaking heap against the curb. Physically, he was fine. A headache brought on by eating the paradox and ringing in his ears, maybe, but he had walked in and out of that massacre without a scratch. Why had he been that fortunate? Had his dealings with Fate stolen the luck from the others? And that tolling in his ears. What had that been, and why had it affected him the way it had.

He climbs to his feet and begins trudging through the rain in the direction of his apartment, still replaying the events in his head, thinking about the bell in his head. He just can't figure it out though.

What now?

It was the middle of the night and he was exhausted, though he didn't think he'd be able to sleep. Shivering, he steps under the overhang of a storefront and takes his phone out of his pocket. He looks at his recents- Ghoster and Ankh. One of them dead, and the other. Well, who knows?

The rain seemed to be letting up as he stepped out from under the awning. He looked up and down the street and notices something in the distance. He realizes it's Valkyrie's bug.

Val... Is she?

He sprints toward it, shoving past Orphan without noticing him and looking in to see her alive, and Ghoster...

He begins knocking on the window rapidly. "Val! You're alive! Val!"

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

PRE

Val screams and reacts blindly, throwing Ghoster's cell phone at Ollie. It misses, and shatters against the sidewalk.
    Spoiler

Ollie
    Ollie

PRE

Ollie just glances at the cell phone. He's so happy to see her alive, to know that at least one of the others had made it. He pulls the door open and grabs her, pulling the small woman into an impromptu hug and then releasing her.

"Thank God you made it. I thought you were dead. I saw you fall and I thought..."

He shakes his head, trailing off, looking at Ghoster's body and all the blood covering her clothes. He still doesn't seem to have noticed Orphan.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Val realizes who she threw the phone at.

She slaps him across the face. Hard. Then she starts screaming at him.

"WHAT? YOU THOUGHT WHAT?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread