Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Looking for John Pendergast

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Betony Rue waited a little ways down the street from an elementary school.
    The next missing child on Betony Rue's list was John Pendergast. He had been confirmed to have left school and never arrived home. Not having to worry about visitor policies would allow her greater flexability in time. It also allowed for more people to join her if they wished. The more eyes the better, after all. So she had posted a notice stating her intent and given an invitation to join the search. It was short notice but Betony didn't really care.
    It had taken some time but she had found where she thought the John child might live. She had gotten a local phone book and thanked the heavens that Pendergast was a rare name. She had then gotten a map and checked the locations of the addresses listed with that of the school the child had attended. She was fairly sure she had the right address. The trouble was knowing which route he would have taken home from school. There were at least three good options and who knew what types of short (or long) cuts he might have gotten into the habit of taking.
    Betony Rue checked her watch for the time. She planned on leaving on her search as soon as the hand turned to 4 o'clock. Any who want to help had better have arrived before then she thought. She was a little impatient to get started.

D
    DracoGuardian

Kevin walked casualy down the street towards the meeting place that was bullitin board reading his hastily scrawled copy of the direction and looking at his watch he hurried along faster. He smiled feeling the wind on his face though his smile almost soured at the sight of the other changeling already waiting but shook off his initial reaction and put on a slight smile as he approached. "Hello I take it you saw the note as well about the missing children."

"I am it's author," she said to the tall demon man.
    "My name is Betony Rue Jasons. I take it you responded to the note." There's a hint of sarcasm barely heard in her voice. "I don't believe I've meet you before." she held out her clawed hand expectantly.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Al-Adin smiled his big monkey smile, as he bounded down the road. (keeping his speed a far more reasonaly 20 mph), he pulls up when he sees the two changeslings.
    "Hi, I'm Al-Adin, the fastest thief in all the land!" He gives a bow. "I heard there was looking for children?"

Narration:
    The lights are on in the pendergast home.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

After shaking hands and introducing herself Betony gets down to business. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple pieces of paper and hands them to each changeling. They have notes about three missing children; John Pendergast, Alexander Reed, and Alicia Crandall.
    "We will be looking into the Pendergast child right now. All children vanished without a trace, some from their own bedrooms. Since these disappearances were noticed, we can safely assume there are no fetches, if indeed one of the Others is responsible. If you have any further information than what was in the new report, you may say it."
    Betony Rue put her paper away and continued. She thought briefly of asking them for advise, but decided it might undermine her authority in leading the group. From what she had seen with the Bright One, changelings around her needed to feel the leader knew what they were doing.
    "If either of you of a persuasive disposition, I would like to know now. Most tend to find my methods of social interaction hostile which would not put us on the right foot when we question the parents or any others."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"I'm dashing, and have a nice smile. does that count?" Al-Adin is really trying here.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

As much as she hated to admit it "It does."
    His smile and seeming blessing would probably help more than her skill at lies and intimidation.
    "Well then, let's go see what we can learn." Fully expecting them to follow, Betony Rue walks straight up to the door and raps twice.

D
    DracoGuardian

After shaking Bethany's hand he remained silent for a moment as he listened to both her and Al-Addin speak and nodded his head slightly to her words and to the statements given by Al-Addin before he gave a slight smile. "I guess now it is my turn to introduce myself, "I am Kevin Sydney it is a pleasure to meet you both, as to the question of further information I saddly must say my dear Ms. Jasons I do not have anymore to add. Though I can promise you I am quite good when it comes to social interactions. Also as to not having seen me around despite what my appearance would seem to say, I tend to prefer to keep a low profile and have been focusing more heavily on making somthing of a stable life for myself as opposed to being imbroiled in the affairs of the Freehold."

~Narration~

After about five minutes, the door opens and a woman appears in the doorway, looking rather rundown, and surprised to see such an assortment of people at her front door. "Can I..." she shakes her head..."Can I help you?"

Betony Rue's mouth twinged slightly, like she had tried for a moment to smile but habit had snatched the expression back within her.
    "Hello. Mrs. Pendergast I assume. My name is Betony Rue Jasons. This is Mr. Adin, and Mr. Sydney. My companions and I would like a moment of your time. I know this must seem strange, but we would like to ask you some questions about your son's disappearance."

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread