Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 87
DISPLAYED
Empty Room

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

PRE

"Whatever is going on here, this might be the first time in my life I've wanted to not be interesting."

Derek isn't sure what to make of this latest development. On one hand, he was alarmed at the sudden disappearance of Kyle, the one person that had been her upon whom he could depend. On the other... "That breeze and that scent… it was like someone's mantle. But jasmine and rain… that would probably be a Spring mantle, and this whole game doesn't seem to be something anyone in the Spring Court would do. Autumn, sure… but Spring? Plus… this whole scene, it feels more like something the Others would do." He shivers at that thought.

Worse yet, what ideas he did have, he couldn't share. He was pledgebound to not reveal anything about his nature or about the existence of changelings. Some of the others present seemed to understand what was going on, though, at least as far as he could follow what they were talking about. So… maybe he could inspire someone to figure it out, without his having revealed a thing.

To the other people present, Derek says "Okay, maybe I'm the special needs kid in this class, but assuming for a minute you aren't all crazy, I still don't know what's going on here, and I wish someone could explain. Also… well, before those people vanished a few seconds ago, did anyone else notice that feeling and that smell… like a breeze and the smell of flowers and rain? What the heck was up with that?"

Then Derek came up with another idea. If someone involved with Spring – or any changeling, or one of the Others – was behind this, chances were Glamour was involved, and even if it wasn't something fae, whatever was doing this probably had some emotions invested in the results. Even the incomprehensible drives of the Others were emotional, in their weird, alien way.

With this in mind, Derek decided to try something he'd never done, or ever heard about anyone doing. Focusing as best he could, Derek tried to intentionally screen out whatever emotions his three unwilling companions here were feeling. Instead, he attempted to connect with any emotional energy being released by whatever else might be present - some unseen being or force, or perhaps from the room itself - and to draw Glamour from that. Success would tell him there was something here, and maybe give him a sense of the emotions and motives involved.

However, he knew this was risky. It was likely whatever was behind this was either incomprehensibly strange or just plain nuts, and if his blind Harvest did manage to draw upon the emotions of someone deranged, there was a good change he'd be driven temporarily mad by doing so. Still, he didn't see any other way he might be able to figure out what was up.

"It's worth a shot, I guess." He takes a deep breath. "Here goes…"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh nods, looking at Derek. "Yeah I smelled it and felt it but it doesn't hold any meaning for me. Other then the fact that I am kind of fond of jasmine." She smiles slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

It was obvious they were all a little freaked out and understandable. She thought about trying a few more spells to see if she could figure out what or where this place is.

Wait, what if this is a dream? I mean, a freaked out, fucked up dream, but Thyrsus have been known to have prophetic dreams in the past. Maybe that's what this is, a prophetic dream. Which means, I am here to learn something.

She takes a deep breath. "Ok guys. I know I am not your normal everyday human, so what are the rest of you? I know you must all be from Sacramento and I know there are vamps, werewolves, changelings, and mages there. So, do each of you represent one of those other societies?"

PRE

"She and that other one, West, know of us," Derek thinks, with some alarm. "That other one, it seemed he could see through our Masks, Kyle's and mine. And... vampires and werewolves and mages?"

Until now, Derek had figured such beings might well exist, since faeries also existed, but he also thought it possible that such legends might reflect distorted accounts of Lost from ages past... many gravewights could pass for a vampire, and leechfingers practically *were* vampires... lots of Autumn Courtiers were pretty witchy... and those of beast kith could well inspire legends of were-creatures.

"I need to find out more about this and report to Queen Rumiko. She might well already know these things.. or she might not, in which case I'm sure she'd like to know. For that matter, the other Sovereigns would want to know. First I've got to get out of here, though." And for that purpose, and to make sure he got a chance to report back, he decided to go with a risky gambit.

Derek finally speaks up. "I wouldn't wish to comment on anything like that, but it occurs to me, if one knows about such things, couldn't one use whatever means one has of knowing such things to examine this place, or perhaps any lingering trace of that breeze and scent, to tell whether they had connection to any of those sorts of things you mentioned?" He pauses, then adds, smiling just slightly, "That would assume the various sorts of things you mentioned actually existed at all, of course."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew gives Ankh a surprised look. "Where do you get all your information? Never mind, I'm done playing the hiding game. I'm a werewolf. And I'd like to know how Mars seemed to know about my connection with spirits."

PRE

Try as he might, Derek isn't able to make his Harvest idea work. Maybe he wasn't skilled enough at Harvesting, or maybe there wasn't anything to Harvest; he didn't know. This failure didn't leave him any worse off - "At least I didn't get driven insane, so that's a good thing", he notes to himself - but now that he'd had the idea, he knew he'd have to keep exploring it.

"Maybe it's not even possible, or maybe I just don't know how. I'm going to have to ask someone more experienced, maybe when I report in about these people knowing of our existence, and this guy who says he's a werewolf, and the other one who seems to be a wizard or witch or... mage, I guess she said."

There was still the problem of getting out of here, though.

S
    Soul

Marius had leaned back against the wall and watched the entire thing happen, people disappearing, the girl talking about Mages, interesting, and a Werewolf as he had expected.
    He smiled at Ankh again when she asked about their respective 'heritage' and decided to bluntly ignore her question, guessing by the way she had looked at him, that she already knew anyway.
    "My apologies, Matthew, I did not mean to alarm you. I have simply had a few dealings with your kind..." He decided to leave it at that for now.

Again Marius looked at the exact place the claw marks had appeared, running his finger of the smooth surface.

"I also don't believe everyone is comfortable sharing." he said, looking at Derek, but then swiftly continued. "All I can say, is that I do not have anything that could get us out of this room, but something brought us here. Some form of magic, or an entity perhaps, and what little I know about entities, its that they always want something. If we can find out what that is then perhaps we can learn something here."

Knowledge was power, and he loved a challenge.

Right about the time that Marius says "but something brought us here" everyone finds themselves back in their original suroundings at the exact moment that they left no time has passed what so ever. All of your clothing is back intact people in the room do not even realize you have been gone.

((Can everyone give me a perception roll please ))

Great scene guys I hope you had fun I look forward to doing it again <.<

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread