Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Speaking with Marlo

Corbin hadn't spoken to the other sovreigns besides Marlo and only then to make his new pledge. It was time to reaquaint himself with the Courts. Getting involved was, afer all, the reason he had renewed his pledge a couple weeks ago.
    One of the back worker entrances was open so Corbin slipped through the opportunity. He took on the aspect of a nobody. His posture, gait, eye contact and attitude all gave off a dull nonexistance. He was someone below noticing; seen yet not acknowledged or remembered.
    The guard watching the entrance barely spared him a glance from his newspaper. After pretending to sign himself in on the time sheet, he went to the laundry room to grab a uniform the Four Seasons used for their janitorial staff. With a quick change and the attainment of a cleaning cart, Corbin was in the elevator heading to the security office within five minutes of entering the building.
    He knocked on the office door before checking the knob. He didn't expect it to be unlocked but he figured he might as well try. If it wasn't it either meant Marlo was getting lax in precautions or that he was expecting him. The second option wouldn't suprise him too much. Marlo was head of security for a reason and it had taken a great deal of effort and skill to avoid dection for the two years before now. With Corbin's reappearence, he doubted he'd ever be able to get away with a stunt like he pulled again. Oh well.
    Waiting for an invatation to enter, Corbin stands outside the door.

"Come in, please." the voice says from the back of the office, a deep voice that almost sounds like grating stone.

Corbin walked into the office, leaving the cleaning cart outside. Once he reached the main area he stopped in the center of the room and gave a small bored smile. People often smiled when they greeted one another, so it seemed the right thing to do. Of course, this wasn't the standard meeting so it could be the wrong response but you might as well go with what's normal.
    "Hello, Marlo. I wanted to speak with you about something. If now's a bad time, I can come back later if you'd like."

Marlo doesn't smile back, his pale features denoting his usual seriousness. "What can I help you with, Corbin?" He waves a clawed hand in the direction of a chair, "Please, sit down."

Corbin crossed a leg on his knee when he sat and went on.
    I'm planning on asking the queens if they need any help with anything. I wanted to know if you had anything you'd like done first. And second, if I should offer my help elsewhere offically as a Sun Banisher or if you've decided to revoke my station in my abscence."
    Dust and cobwebs settled around Corbin as he sat. They to broke off in wisps when he leaned forward a little, as if interested.

Marlo shrugs, his clawed fingers tapping on the desk. "There's always room for more."

"Glad to hear it." Glad might be a bit of an overstatement. Encouraged by the convenience might be a better description. The drumming fingures were probably an attempt to cause nerveousness, so Corbin obliged with a small fidget.
    "And was there anything you wanted while I'm here?" More often than not people did, so might as well speed up the conversation.

"Not at the moment," he says again in that gravelly voice, and then stands up. "Is there anything else?"

He stood as Marlo did.
    "No, that was it. Thanks for your time." He gave a slight inclination of the head and left.

Closed Thread