Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Biting the Bullet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Darren Nash

This is something that Darren had to do, with Aurelie actually giving him the idea. He viewed it as a way of closure, especially after leaving so suddenly with only a letter.

Coward, he thought to himself. Well, here we go.

Armed with a bunch of flowers, Darren mounts the steps to Miss Claire's front porch and rings the bell, dreading the storm that is sure to follow.

Brenda answers the door, her usual smile on her face that fades at the edges as she sees Darren there.

"Darren! How nice to see you. What can I do for you?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Darren Nash

Darren smiles at his former landlady.

"Hi, Miss Claire, I just wanted to come round to see how you are doing."

He extends the flowers to here as a gesture of peace.

Brenda takes the flowers with a smile and opens the door wider, motioning for Darren to enter the house. "I am doing well. The boys miss you though. Why did you leave so abruptly Darrn?"

"A girl," he smiles, entering through the door and wiping his sneakers on the mat.

"How have you been?"

Miss Claire shrugs. "Well enough I suppose. Nothing new to speak of really. What can I do for you Darren? I find it odd for you to be here strictly on a social call."

Darren Nash

Darren looks at her and simply smiled innocently.

"Honestly, Miss Claire, I just wanted to see how you are." Shruging, he continues, "You helped me when I first arrived here and gave me a chance. I threw that in your face with a cowardly letter. Now, I just wish to make amends by keeping the promise I made to you when I moved in."

Darren Nash

Darren sighs, trying his best to make amends and glances at his watch, checking the time.

Bollocks, he thinks.

"Sorry, Miss Claire, I just gotta send a text." He gets out his phone and shoots a text to Aurelie, knowing she is working tonight.

Darren Nash

Placing his phone back in his pocket, Darren turns his attention back to his former landlady and smiles, apologetically.

"Sorry, Miss Claire, jus' needed to check that someone was ok."

Miss Claire shrugs. "If you need to go, then go boy. I am fine but I do appreciate you stopping by. The boys have been doing a bit around the house and they are still working on their gym. I think you taught them a bit about going a little out of ones way to help a woman out. So, even though you were only here for a short time you did do some good."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last