Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West returns to the house and puts his new pistol on the table, along with the Lasermaxx. It's not the same, but i'll do. Taking off his jacket he heads to his room to meet Ankh. "Hey," he says. "You, uh, left early."

Ankh looks up from her book, where she sits reading and smiles. "Yeah, well I like to get a massage on my birthday. Something I've been doing for years. So, where did you go?"

Eyebrows raised in surprise, West replies. "Hey! Happy Birthday! Why didn't you say something? I just went to go replace my gun, because of that jackass Niles." Still a bit confused as to why she just ran out after the night before, he isn't sure if he's supposed to hug her or... or what.

Ankh shrugs. "I didn't say anything because I don't like a big production, and thanks. Although, I am legal now." She gives him a large suggestive smile. "So, anyway I need to talk to you about this meeting we have soon. I want to know what I can expect and what my role in this should be. The last one I went to was more like a galla then a meeting. Like people all dressed up and hob nobbing and all the nonsense."

West blushes a bit at the reminder of her age. "Ehm. I'm not sure myself," he says, absentmindedly scratching his neck. "But it's probably going to have something to do with the Guardians and Ladder situation. That, and I heard Calligan Wellmer was attacked. So maybe it's a lineup of all the Mages?" He sits down beside her. "I don't think it's anything to worry about -- you've met Undrichmann and Tyria. You're an established Talon..." He wasn't sure what any of them should expect, but didn't want her to be worried. "Ummmm. Well. There is one small thing. Usually we're not allowed to hold spells at a formal Conslium meeting."

Ankh frowns. "Thats just great. Ok yeah, I can deal with that. There is one other thing though.....I saw Tyria at the spa and she........her aura did not look healthy. I think something is wrong with her. Very wrong."

She shakes her head, looking troubled. "I couldn't get a good look because I had an attendent up my ass, but what I did see I did not like." Think of Steve makes thing low in her body tighten and she shifts positions, suddenly uncomfortable. She didn't do anything with Steve, but damn did she want to.

West's face flashes surprise, then a hint of a smile, then it's quickly gone. "Her aura? Not healthy... like...," he pauses, searching for words. "Like, uh, she didn't look alive?" Well, that's awkward. She must not have expected to see any Awakened.

"Yes." Ankh nods. "Spmething like that. It was very alarming. Most of the time an Awakened's aura is bright and very colorful. Her's was muted and dark. I was worried but I did not want to approach her in that setting. Besides, usually when a woman goes to a spa it is to relax, not to be bothered by insolent children."

"You're not an insolent child," West says, reflexively. "Well," he gives her a smile, "maybe --at times-- you've been a, uh, 'difficult young woman'." He thinks for a few seconds. "Ummm. Dr. Primoria's fine. I promise." Legacies are so personal, does Ankh know anything about Legacies? It's probably not my place -- but Tyria surely has a file on all of us. "Do you know what a Legacy is?" he asked.

Ankh looks at him with "the look" when he says she is not an insolent child and then admits she is difficult at time. "I am difficult with you because you seem to not understand me when I speak. And no, I do not know what a Legacy is."

West looks like he wants to respond to the comment, but doesn't. Apparently things didn't magically change overnight. "Part of the Awakening is the ability to, hmmm, craft our Souls into the epitome of a purpose," he says, trying to phrase it into something understandable. "It's like, uh, Arcana for the Soul? Finding our true calling changes us... gives us abilities to aid that purpose. But sometimes it changes us, moves our physical bodies in directions we don't expect. The, ah, well, for example, some become truly androgynous."

Ankh nods. "I see, so you are saying that Tyria's aura is a direct result of her Legacy?" She begins to trace her fingers down the lines of West's face as she talks. It's really an absent-minded movement, since she is watching him so intently. The need to touch is very hard for her to ignore, so her hands begin to move on their own really. She seems intent on the conversation, not paying much attention to her hands.

"Uh, yes," West replies, distracted by her touch. Pandora had been very... kinesthetic -- was that a Thyrsus trait? He closed his eyes, both to clear that particular thought from his mind, and to enjoy the touch of her fingers. Opening them, he said a bit awkwardly, "So, uh, you're legal now?" That was really smooth. She needs to stop that, though, if she has any more questions.

Ankh laughs softly. "Uh huh, as far as mortal standards are concerned. So, how does one find a Legacy? Or does it find you?" She asks, her hand moving to trace the lines of the muscles on his forarms, lingering at his wrist. She looks down and traces the veins up his arms, thinking.

Watching her hands, he replied, "Either? Both? Usually a teacher helps someone realize their Legacy, once it becomes clear." Does she really expect people to talk while she's doing that? "Then there are those that are able to begin their own... like Kai." He reached out and ran a finger slowly down her arm, curious now about her little quirk.

Ankh looks up sharply. "You can start your own? That's interesting. Well, ok then, how do find out about them in the first place?" She grabs his free hand and begins to inspect the lines of his palm, tracing the lines as her eyes follow them, wondering what he is doing with her arm. She looks at his hand as it moves., then abruptly stops touching him. "I'm sorry. I have a hard time keeping my hands to myself. Uh very tactile."
    Nimbus

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West returns his hand to his lap, even more curious. "Usually a member of the Legacy will approach a likely candidate, but sometimes they just guide them on the path they're already on." Well... I guess Legacies are interesting. "They're are, uh, 'bad' Legacies, too," he added. "Like Niles."
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh nods and goes back to playing with West's hand.

"What type of Legacy do you follow? If you have one."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West watched their hands, and thought about how long it had been since he had helped Awaken a Soul from the slumber of the Lie. Alexander had been the last one, never finished. Taking Apprentices had been a surrogate interest, taken up because he had bounced around so much. If he stayed in Sacramento, maybe he would crown a King.

"Eh," he replied, unsure of what she thought of the Veil and the Lie. What KingMakers did flew in the face of tradition, and some viewed the Veil as almost religious doctrine. "I teach people," he finally said.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh laughs. "I gathered that, West. But that still doesn't answer my question. Do you follow a Legacy or not?"

She slid her hands up his arms to his shoulders. Then, she moved around to sit behind him and started massaging his shoulders. He seemed tense all of a sudden. She didn't want him to be tense.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

Well, why not. It's not as if we never argue. Besides, if it's something she can't handle, it's better to find out now?

"Well, yes," he said, surprised at the massage. "It's... a bit... controversial," he said, stalling. "Mostly with Guardians."

Just spit it out.

"I, uh, try to Awaken Sleepers," he said, waiting to hear her reaction.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh frowns, working her fingers deeper into the knots in his shoulders and upper back. "Ok. How do you do that exactly? I thought awakening was something you just did. I didn't realize it was something you could urge to happen."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Yeeeeaaaaaah," West said, half in laughter, half in response to her fingers. "That's the tricky part. No one knows exactly. Sometimes just granting a Sleeper the Sight will work," he said, almost cautiously.

Rarely. The fact that stress inducement has the highest success rate is definitely controversial, no matter what your beliefs are about the Veil.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh frowns. "Huh, I didn't know that. Ok, so back to the origional topic. What should I wear? I mean, the last time I went to one of these things it was an over dressed fashion show and kind of rediculous. So, do I get dressed up? Under dress? I know you probably don't care, but you won't be the one under all the scrutiny either. Vex seems to think I am yours and Kai's little play girl and I am sure that rumor has been spreading quickly. I would like to stave off that perception as long as possible."

She begins to go down his back, working her fingers into the muscle while she talks as if it is almost an absent-minded activity.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West opened his mouth to say something, but as she continued, it closed. Maybe not that dress.

'Play girl', huh? Might be an... interesting... Consilium if she's right about her concerns.

"Dressed up? God I hope not. Business casual? Usually dress-up's for, I dunno, a hearing of the Lex Magica or Councilors changing. I'm just wearing what I always wear," he finished with a sigh.
    Nimbus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread