DISPLAYED
Meeting the Mysterium

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

The Portal opens to a backroom, which looks as if it's being used as a private lounge. Long time use of the arts permeates the room's Resonance with good-natured curiosity. Starling and John Dee put Calligan on a couch and see to his recovery. A young woman, Phrymides, informs the group that Tyria would like to see them.

Zero declines, asking to stay with Calligan.

She looks at Animus, Fiddler, and Joshua.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus accepts. Tyria had better have some idea of how to stop those obelisks. We've wasted too much time as it is

PRE

Joshua looks around the backroom, taking in the sights. When Phrymides mentions Tyria, he looks to her, and nods, and waits to be led to the Curator.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

Phrymides leads the men to a large, airy office. Several tables along the walls are filled with papers and reference books, and several posters adorn the walls, which contain backwards script and drawings*.

A brunette wearing glasses stops the newtonion demonstrator she's playing with and looks up with a smile. She stands up.

"Please, sit", she says motioning to the comfortable Aeron chairs on the other side of her desk. "I'm Dr. Primoria" she introduces herself with an expectant look. You get the feeling she isn't a Chatty Kathy.

* Int+Academics -3, they're pages from the Codex Leicester

The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Joshua makes his way to a chair, still favoring his ankle, and eases himself into it. "Doctor, I am Joshua Morris. Before we discuss the attempt on Mr. Wellmer's life, I feel we need to talk about the stones in Discovery Park. We may be running out of time there." He looks to Animus to continue.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Straight to business. I like that. Animus finds his own chair before speaking. "I'm Animus. when we returned to the park, we found that each of the obelisks had a material reflection, a boulder for the subtle arcana and a dead tree for the gross arcana. Everything around the pentagram was also dead. The reflection of the spirit stone resonated with the practice of making, and I would assume that the other active stones were similar.

As to Blackfire's death, I believe the stone took his soul before killing him."
    Animus was suddenly very glad that Zero had waited with Calligan. They didn't need to start up that argument again. "As we prepared to leave, the prime stone activated, pulling in a good deal of energy from its environment. When I looked back across the gauntlet, the stones were tied together through lines of the abyss.

I think the process must be accelerating, because the life stone activated while we were driving back to Calligan's."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"OK, good," Tyria replies cryptically. "What about Calligan?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just 'good'? Could you elaborate a bit? When there is a major threat to the Consilium, I don't like being kept unaware of what is being done about it." Animus tries to not let his annoyance show.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tyria focuses her intent gaze upon Animus. "Thearch you may be, but I am the second ranking member of this Consilium. Now, Calligan?"

West quietly lets himself into the room to listen in. He's drinking coffee from the Museum's coffee shop. Tyria doesn't even look at him.

PRE

Joshua looks a bit uncomfortable during the tongue lashing, but that's what happens when you step to a ranking member. Even if you have a good point. "Calligan was attacked by an unknown Asian mage," Joshua says. "At least, none of us at the hostel knew who he was. It sounded like he and Calligan had been having an argument of some sort, and when we showed up the unknown used Forces manipulation to nearly kill Mr. Wellmer.
    "Animus managed to stabilize Mr. Wellmer, but when we engaged the hostile we were... unable to apprehend him." At this point Joshua's eyes are downcast, looking more at Tyria's desk than the Doctor herself. "I believe through his mudra use that he was at one time an Arrow, or at least trained with that Order."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread